PDA

View Full Version : Physically tough, already immune to magic

frostfyre82
2014-03-07, 04:32 PM
My character was made completely immune to magic by an artifact. Unfortunately he was an alchemist and relied heavily on magic. Now he is not able to benefit or suffer from any magical effect. He can use magical weapons but gains no positive effects like +to hit but the enemies will still take any magical effects such as + damage/flaming/ect...

I am going to retrain him into something else but I have no idea what. I want a class that is physically tough to kill and can still put out some damage. I am not worried about any magical dangers at all but also do not benefit from magical arms / armor.

Any ideas?

Race: lizardman.

Mongrel
2014-03-07, 04:40 PM
Barbarian and Fighter both seem like good choices. Are you also immune to psionics? Because if not that could be a nice little loophole; you could be a psychic warrior or even just a straight up psion, depending on what you want to do with the character. What level are you anyway, and how exactly are you "retraining?"

(Un)Inspired
2014-03-07, 04:46 PM
I want to second Psionics. Not only are they incredibly cool but the psion, the wilder and the psychic warrior are all incredibly tough. Far tougher than a fighter or a barbarian.

They can each dish out hundreds of damage easily either with direct damage powers or by buffing and ruining people with weapons.

docnessuno
2014-03-07, 05:07 PM
Are we talking 3.5, 3.P or pathfinder?

If 3.X i would suggest to ask your DM permission to use the Forsaker PRC (3.0), it seems to be tailored exactly for your character.

Tome of Battle is another very good option.

Also note that (in both systems) unless your DM is using the "psionic is different" variant, being immune to magic is exactly the same of being immune to psionics.

Vhaidara
2014-03-07, 05:21 PM
I second forsaker. It's usually terrible, because it requires you to not benefit from magic, ever, but you already have that problem.

10 levels will give you
10d12 HD
Good Fort and Will saves
Full BAB
+10 ability points (those things you get every 4 levels)
Fast healing 3 (max 50/day, actually kind of crap)
DR11/magic (arguably meaning DR/-, since you're immune to magic)
Natural armor bonus equal to your Con modifier
Slippery Mind (2 saves vs enchantments, second one in the second round)

frostfyre82
2014-03-07, 05:59 PM
The game is pathfinder and early level wise. We just went from 4 to 5. I am retraining using the standard pathfinder rules.

I am not sure if my DM considers psions to be magical or not. Thank you for the suggestions!