PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other Vampire Template

Teapot Salty
2014-03-07, 11:50 PM
Hey guys. So for a campaign I 'm about to run, one of my players is going to be a necromancer. So he wants to channel negative energy. Soooo for the other player (small game, I know) we were thinking about making him undead in some way. I brought up vampire and everyone seemed to like. But the problems are a) I don't fully understand vampires, and b) Things with weakness to sunlight are no bueno. (Did I spell that right?) So I put my thinking cap on and figured "ok, drop everything else they get, give them peneltys if they don't drink a given amount of blood in a given amount of time. But then I thought, well that kind off sucks, (no pun intended) so I wanted to give him a bonus if he had a "full tank" But what should this bonus be? Long winded I know. And as always, go nuts.

The Dragon
2014-03-08, 04:14 AM
Hey guys. So for a campaign I 'm about to run, one of my players is going to be a necromancer. So he wants to channel negative energy. Soooo for the other player (small game, I know) we were thinking about making him undead in some way. I brought up vampire and everyone seemed to like. But the problems are a) I don't fully understand vampires, and b) Things with weakness to sunlight are no bueno. (Did I spell that right?) So I put my thinking cap on and figured "ok, drop everything else they get, give them peneltys if they don't drink a given amount of blood in a given amount of time. But then I thought, well that kind off sucks, (no pun intended) so I wanted to give him a bonus if he had a "full tank" But what should this bonus be? Long winded I know. And as always, go nuts.

I infer from your post that you're playing pathfinder.

Could you post some info about the character that you're contemplating to make a vampire?

Teapot Salty
2014-03-08, 11:01 AM
I infer from your post that you're playing pathfinder.

Could you post some info about the character that you're contemplating to make a vampire?

It's 3.5, but I'm going to port the channel negative energy from pf. The character is a gnome wizard.

Grod_The_Giant
2014-03-08, 11:34 AM
I remember a LA +0 vampire template from a while back... <google google google> here we go (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12394597). (Sunlight is a serious debuff, but not insta-death).