PDA

View Full Version : If I Gestalted this would it be good?

TheLastSane1
2014-03-08, 01:05 AM
Would this combo be a good combo and very highly adaptive?

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/super-genius-games/mighty-godling

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/super-genius-games/adept-godling

winter92
2014-03-08, 02:39 AM
Based on a quick look, yes. You may not get a ton of responses here for 3rd party material, but I'll give it a quick rundown. Mighty offers d12, best base attack and 2 good saves which is solid. The feats, scion and lineage stuff are nice. I don't think that much of most of the divine traits, but a couple are solid and at least you get a lot of them. My first thought looking at that list was to build something like a pounce barbarian with line of destruction, or a mounted lance attacker with the horselord stuff.

I'd use the adept casting largely for buffs, taking advantage of the chance to key casting off a combat stat. If assault caster works like duskblades do the mounted charger with spells on your lance; if not then skip it enjoy your undispellable buffs. I can't really tell from the text whether you still have to use touch attacks.

Assault casting and a weapon interpretation pairs crazy well with Dual Casting, and By Will Alone frees up some very gold-costly shenanigans. Retributive Strike, By Will Alone, and some form of contingent casting hints a hysterical if impractical build where you get knocked down, deal damage to all targets, and immediately a free contingent spell pops you right back up. You could also look for some combo between Hardy and spells with status-effect downsides.

Suffice to say, I don't see any amazing perks here, but the raw numbers are solid and you get quite a lot of decent perks. Mighty + pure casting or some gish class might be better, but this can make a character capable of standing up well in a high-tier party without ever seeming stupidly strong. Also has some nice party stuff like giving people back spell slots to ensure you're everyone's favorite. Have at it, and don't break anything low OP!

OldTrees1
2014-03-08, 02:45 AM
There are some redundant features (Divine Trait Ranks and the Capstone). Remember only the faster progression counts.