PDA

View Full Version : Drow-Black Dragon fighting build

atemu1234
2014-03-08, 01:48 AM
I've designed a Drow-Black Dragon fighting build for D&D. It relies a lot on material from Drow of the Underdark 3.5e, so that's pretty much required reading to understand this. In the book, they give a series of feats. One grants anything with darkvision and the ability to cast darkness as a spell-like ability to see through magical darkness. There are several others that give extra daily castings of darkness and boosts to the abilities, making hide in plain sight a legitimate possibility. To make maximum use of this, the dragon and the drow both have these feats so that the tenth level fighter/wizard drow and his young adult dragon companion can (combined) cast darkness something like ten times per day. They use this in addition to the see-through-darkness thingy to be able to essentially obscure everyone in an area so that they can see their targets, but their targets can't see them. This makes for rather one-sided fights, but on the upside, it's also bloody hilarious for me as DM. The best part is that this build isn't undefeatable for the PCs, just a pain in the ass. Any comments on this build or how to improve it?

gorfnab
2014-03-08, 02:39 AM
Class levels and feats of the Drow?
Feats of the Dragon?

Slightly off topic: Here is a E6 Drow build that focuses on SLAs. (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=5111.0)

Tarlek Flamehai
2014-03-08, 08:05 AM
Deepening Darkness RoF
Darkstalker LoM
Ring of the Darkhidden MoF

Without a peek-see at your builds I don't know what else to say.

Vaz
2014-03-08, 08:28 AM
If you have Warlock, then you get Hide in plain sight at will basically. No need to waste feats (you have less feats than class levels available) on getting additional SLA usages.