PDA

View Full Version : What are some good all around forms to polymorph into?

RPGaddict28
2014-03-08, 02:55 AM
Level 7 wizard, just got polymorph, and I'm not really use to being a high level caster. I just want a form with decent NA, maybe DR, and good offensive attacks. The 7 headed hydra looks good, but I'm not too sure what else.

Also, flight won't be a problem, as I'll be a third level Incantar next level, but some forms for now would be nice.

MadGreenSon
2014-03-08, 03:11 AM
As a DM, the most annoying use of polymorph I've seen is actually just turning into anything Fine sized that could still cast and then using everything for cover/concealment and the AC bonuses, etc.

The other side was never able to make the spot check to see/figure out where all the damn BC was coming from either. Freakin Invisible Spell feat....:smallyuk:

HunterOfJello
2014-03-08, 03:25 AM
Gloura for flight and awesome dex. Oread for decent stats and xorn movement.

GoodbyeSoberDay
2014-03-08, 12:58 PM
I'll just leave this here:

http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=519.0

May I suggest turning the fighter-type into a Bladerager troll (MMV)? Large size, +5 Natural Armor, claw/claw/bite, Str 28, Dex 16, Con 28, Pounce, Rend.

I played an Incantatar gish, and boy was I the main target of every enemy ever. Anyone who knew our party (and many who didn't, grumble) had dispelling effects and mage slayer feats up the wazoo. In that vein, I must emphasize the buffing of the fighter-type.