PDA

View Full Version : Opening the Echo Chamber: Random Interesting Paizo Threads #1

Squirrel_Dude
2014-03-08, 03:05 AM
There are some that would (probably justifiably) claim that this forum, and others are echo chambers of anti-Pathfinder or anti-Paizo sentiment. Honestly, that's probably all well and good for my personal tastes because I have been consistently cooling on them over the past few years. However, it does make discussions less interesting and less nuanced when there is only one side to the debate. It's also unfortunate because it sometimes allows the discussion to stick to a conclusion, without reexamining a situation when new material comes out.

I said all that to say this: I've started using the Paizo forums more often, and there are interesting threads that pop up from time to time, and I think it would be a positive to try and share some of them with this forum every so often. This isn't a crusade to try and change how people hear view the game, but more of an attempt at some cross pollination.

Without further ado: Tactics 101: Are Combat Maneuvers Worthwhile? (http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2qowv?Tactics-101-Tark-spends-four-thousand-three)

StreamOfTheSky
2014-03-08, 11:22 AM
Giantitp isn't an echo chamber...if anything, it's that paizo's forums are an echo chamber of support for PF. Of course, it's their own game's forum and no different* from WotC's boards and D&D 5E (and previously 4E), so it's to be expected. Still got irritating when you'd post reasons why X is bad with thought out arguments only to get deleted by a mod and then have SKR crap all over you, though.

*I assume. I stopped paying attention to WotC's forums like 5 years ago.

Shinken
2014-03-08, 05:25 PM
I see plenty of threads in the Paizo forum saying bad things about the rules. "Rogues are useless" threads are specially frequent.
I think separate forums should be separate forums, though. The thread is there in the Paizo forums for those that want to discuss it. I could understand discussing the same subject in a thread here, but just linking the thread looks like a fratboy asking his buddies to crash the party next door and ruin it.

OldTrees1
2014-03-08, 06:18 PM
Thank you for the link.

I feel like the author did not spend enough time on the numbers or was more optimistic than realistic. However the rest of the thread was very informative.