PDA

View Full Version : Scout item suggestions

kpumphre
2014-03-08, 09:23 AM
so I had a limit for nothing over 8k and I had to trade some items and such but this is what I came up with. My Bow gives me +2dex and +2str for enhancement so no to those items that give that. I'd appreciate suggestions

1. Panther Mask: Grants run feat and a bonus to movement but does not stack with scout speed. I like the run feat 250 feet a round. I feel like a scout.
2. Pearl of power: The wizard will cast Greater mage armor on me every day as long as I supply this.
3. Padded armor with Greater blur. (I like the miss chance here Ac will be replaced by greater mage armor)

Crystal of arrow deflection lesser 2,500
Amulet of natural armor +1
Skirmisher boots 3,200
Seeking 6,000gp on Bow
Robe of vanguard +1 ac and saves
Mind armor +5 will save against mind effecting 3,000
Crystal of lesser acid damage 3,000

Belt gives +2 to con

Orb of blinding (was given but can trade for any item up to 5k)

Cloak of resistance +2

Novice Shadow Hands of Shadow Jaunt (ToB). 3000GP, hands slot. Range 50', standard action activation. No daily limitation, but effectively once per encounter unless you have a recovery method. Requires line of sight and line of effect.

Any suggestions on what I should also get are appreciated. Ranged Scout with improved Skirmish and Travel devotion feats. I use Rapid shot mainly with Many shot as back up.

Str 22
Dex 24

My current ac with the mage armor is 27 (10+7dex+6GMA+1na+2ring+1robe) +5 from skirmish=32 with 20% miss chance for all attacks.

Ac of 37 with 20% miss chance against ranged weapon attacks.

G.Cube
2014-03-08, 09:58 AM
Not a huge deal, but if I recall correctly, mage armour and armour ac don't stack.

kpumphre
2014-03-08, 10:07 AM
Not a huge deal, but if I recall correctly, mage armour and armour ac don't stack.

It does not but I belive it goes with the highest. So The greater mage armor will give me +6 and when it's not on the armor will give me +2. I have the armor mostly for the constant blur and the back up armor for at night after the spell runs out (lasts 11 hours currently)

docnessuno
2014-03-08, 11:28 AM
If no item could cost more than 8.000 GP, how can your bow be:

+1 seeking (8300 gp + cost of bow)
Giving +2 enhancement to Str and Dex (additional 18.000 gp)

?

Inevitability
2014-03-08, 11:34 AM
Also, mage armor applies to touch AC, while normal armor does not, making it useful against incorporeal creatures even if you're wearing full plate.

StreamOfTheSky
2014-03-08, 11:44 AM
Googles of Foefinding are nice until you can get Improved Precise Shot. Ignore non-total cover bonuses, including the soft cover of allies in between you and the bad guy.

I'd try to get Seeking on the bow asap, as I think skirmish is subject to the "any miss chance screws you over" rule of sneak attack.

Darrin
2014-03-08, 05:38 PM
Amulet of Teamwork (2000 GP, MIC). Even if you don’t flank that much, this amulet not only gives you an untyped +2 damage bonus when flanking, it gives it to all of your allies that are also flanking the same damage bonus. If you’re a Swordsage or have access to the Island of Blades stance, then this item is a must-get. Once per day, you can use a swift action to grant yourself and an adjacent ally a +5 competence bonus to AC, which is somewhat unusual... I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a competence bonus to AC anywhere else.

Gloves of Agile Striking (2200 GP, MIC). If you TWF with light/finessable weapons, then these can add +1d6 damage for 1 round, but only 2/day, which means they spend the rest of the day being useless. If you have Scout levels, then the damage goes up to +2d6, which might be worth considering, but otherwise you're better off looking for something that provides a more permanent benefit.

Ring of Entropic Deflection (8000 GP, MIC). Anytime you end your turn at least 10' away from your starting position, you get a 20% miss chance against all ranged attacks. If you have a magic item that increases your speed, it goes up to 50%.

See the Magic Item Section (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15034723&postcount=9) of the TWF OffHandbook (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=15034585) for more magic item suggestions.

sleepyphoenixx
2014-03-08, 06:19 PM
Ring of Anticipation (DotU, 8000gp); allows you to roll twice for Initiative and take the best result.

Third Eye Clarity (MIC 3000g) - 1/day immediate stun/daze/confuse/fascinate negation. Can be a lifesaver.

Shirt of Wraith Stalking (MIC 216, 6000 gp) at will Hide from Undeath, no save. Invaluable in a undead heavy campaign.

Belt of ultimate athleticism (MIC; 3600gp) swift action to take 10 on some physical skill checks including tumble and 1/day take 20. Useful if your DM allows OA's expanded tumble rules (DC40 for a 10ft step instead of the normal 5ft step).

Stormfire Ring (MIC 206, 4000gp) 5/day Faerie Fire deals 1d6 electricity for 5 rounds. Useful if you need something to deal with invisible enemies/concealment.

Darklight (500g, Secrets of Sarlona) Increases or decreases ambient light. The necessary PP can be gotten via the Hidden Talent feat. Combine with darkvision for cheap concealment, all day.

Ring of the Darkhidden (MIC, 2000gp) Invisible to Darkvision. Lots of monsters have darkvision as their only sense and no way to produce light. Only useful if the whole party can fight in the dark.

kpumphre
2014-03-09, 12:00 AM
If no item could cost more than 8.000 GP, how can your bow be:

+1 seeking (8300 gp + cost of bow)
Giving +2 enhancement to Str and Dex (additional 18.000 gp)

?

Seeking cost me 6000 to add to it.

It is a legendary item. so I did rituals and such that provided me with the dex and str bonus.