PDA

View Full Version : Shadow Sentinal Thoughts

CyberThread
2014-03-08, 01:21 PM
1. Can a soul blade chose his mind blade to benefit from S.S?

2. Would it be unbalancing to treat shadow points as psionc points, and let it stack with a psi base class?

3. Does shadowsharp, meaning that it is equivalent of the keen special ability make it unstackable with other crit based tricks , like keen is; or vague enough for wiggle room ?

4. The shadow blade canno't have special abilities or powers put ontop of it, do you think this is intended to stop wizards/clerics from putting magical buffs on the blade or does not count?

5.The prc while not the best, does have utility in the ways that soul blade does not, if only it had more things you could spend those shadow points on.

6. If a blade cannont have special properties or powers, anyway to work around that so the blade can be empowered from other PRC special abilities or maneuver like enhancements ?

Nihilarian
2014-03-08, 02:56 PM
1) Looking at the wording, I'd say yes, provided you change the mind blade's damage to slashing. However, the properties of Umbral Blade would overwrite the mind blade's properties, not stack.

2) Probably not.

3) Not vague at all. Doesn't stack.

4) not sure if it's intended to stop casters in particular.

5) OK?

6) I think the Arcane Duelist (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/re/20030224a) might do it. By the wording of Enchant Chosen Weapon, you aren't actually enchanting the weapon. Instead it acts as if it's enhancement was higher. It even explicitly allows you to go above +5 enhancement bonus.

CyberThread
2014-03-08, 09:11 PM
Hmmm... shOuld ask my dm maybe to boost

paperarmor
2014-03-08, 11:10 PM
Actually, does the 7th level ability function on a full attack or just one?

Nihilarian
2014-03-08, 11:20 PM
Actually, does the 7th level ability function on a full attack or just one?one attack.

paperarmor
2014-03-08, 11:26 PM
well that's disappointing.

Nihilarian
2014-03-08, 11:27 PM
well that's disappointing.Yes, the Shadow Sentinel is a bit disappointing.

CyberThread
2014-03-10, 10:57 AM
Yes, the Shadow Sentinel is a bit disappointing.

So much potential when they make a subsystem and then just toss it away for a prc , just to save creative time.