PDA

View Full Version : [3.x] FR-Underdark

Skevvix
2014-03-08, 06:23 PM
Hello playground,
My group rotates our DMs to give the main campaign DM a chance to prep and refresh. Tomorrow was supposed to be the New Guy running a D20 Modern campaign, but he just got a new job and has left the group. So now the next person in line is starting his, which is indicated in the title.

The guy that is our main DM likes to make flavorful PCs, and will be making either a monk/sorc (made me raise an eyebrow) or a straight Wiz. Another player likes to make melee power-houses, and I expect him to continue that trend(Uber-pounce was the theme before last, and most recent was a graplomancer). The Girl likes to play bard-y /rogue-y types or a support style role. And the final player is new and has thusfar only played hand-me-down characters, a swift-hunter and a fighter. The DM likes making powerfully flavorful characters, and so I expect there to be some serious moments when we get below. The groups optimization is averaged out to mid-op I think, with the Newb and his brother(the main DM) being the low end of the spectrum and the current DM and the Graplomancer at the top(I'm just below the top, I'm still learning).

I am leaning toward a cleric if the others go the physical route I expect, but I know little about the Underdark. If I go Cleric, what are some flavorful combos/ PRCs that would be potent in the Underdark?

I'm familiar witht he various handbooks, and will delve deeper into them once I decide on a class to start with.

What is allowed:
Any printed material(Verbatim "Any restrictions on books?" "No, use anything in print.")
Starting at ECL 2(if race/template is +2 or more you cannot play as it)
Starting on the surface and entering the UD around level 6-8
No punches pulled, death is death until we can self-rez our party

I have also been reading about the Dragon Shaman, flavorwise, how well would a DS work going into the UD?

To recap: If I go the cleric route, what are some of the more powerful, flavored routes I can take the progression through?

If one of the other players already has their mind set on a cleric, would a Dragon Shaman fit the flavor for the Underdark Campaign?

--Thanks in advance!
---Skevv

Skevvix
2014-03-09, 10:58 AM
No one has any tips for a newb heading into the Underdark? Any and all tips about the setting in general, and specific build choices would be welcomed.