PDA

View Full Version : Shin Megami Tensei FS, Season 2

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

LaZodiac
2014-03-08, 11:31 PM
LAST TIME ON SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI FS! What was a normal day is thrown into disarray at the opening shots of the War of Dominion, a brutal war of demon and humanity for domination of the city of Edmonton! Taking control of their school, City Hall, and the Riverside Golf Course, our heroes have already made a pretty strong hold for themselves in a single day! But what will the rest of the war hold for them? The demonic forces are growing by the day...TUNE IN NOW, TO FIND OUT!

Episode 8!

Opening Theme: [ambigious] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-6rwv4-d9I)

You all awaken to the sound of dinner bells, as the Deva chefs cook up a wonderful feast of victory! There are foods too plentiful to list, but suffice to say you can find whatever you wish to devour here. The Deva's who fought with you sit at the head of the massive table that the Bakasura test took place at, eating hand fulls of food at a time.

Seamus, Mimmi, and Daniel, you're all eating MUCH more food then you normally would. Daniel, you know why you and Mimmi are, but neither of you (Seamus included) have any idea why Seamus is eating as much as he is.

Daniel, the reason why you and Mimmi are eating so much is because of the repeated use of magical and chi abilities during the last day. You're used to eating this much after intense training. You can easily tell that Mimmi isn't.

Yuri, by your estimate, Mimmi and Daniel are eating as much as Seamus normally would, and Seamus is eating more then the three of you combined would.

And with that...go at it! Interact and stuff!

also here's a link to thread 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=297565)

Amidus Drexel
2014-03-09, 12:54 AM
Yuri takes another bite, then puts down his knife and fork. He leans back and relaxes in a new, clean suit. "This is wonderful, but far too much food for me. I haven't had a meal like this since I was last home..." He looks at Mimmi and Daniel. "Man, you guys sure are eating a lot. Where the hell do you put it all?"

Teddy
2014-03-09, 12:15 PM
Mimmi stops and looks at her once again newly filled plate as if she hadn't realised it until now.

I don't know. All I know is I-I really want to eat more.

She then proceeds to stuff half a bowl of freshly cut sallad into her mouth.

Coidzor
2014-03-09, 06:13 PM
"Punching Evil in the snout is hungry work. Either that, or someone slipped us magical tapeworms."

Seamus picks up a massive hoagie easily the size of Mimmi's head and holds it up with a spoon full of mustard in his other hand.

"What's that sandwich? More mustard? Good idea! Nom nom nom, om nom!"

Seamus points the half-devoured sandwich at Yuri as he finishes chewing and swallowing.

"I think the real question is, where is your appetite, Yuri? Need lots of iron and meat to replace all that blood! Come, have a steak!"

With this he picks up a plate with a massive T-bone steak and passes it towards Yuri.

Blue Ghost
2014-03-09, 10:43 PM
Daniel briefly looks up from his food, shrugging. Heavy use of magic burns a lot of energy. He then continues eating.

LaZodiac
2014-03-10, 11:42 AM
Indra laughs as you all eat, clearly amused by it all. All the Deva's appear to be eating at the same level as Seamus, even the smaller ones. "So, warriors! Tell me of your exploits? You were all exhausted when you returned, it's only true and proper to give us the tale of how you slew our greatest enemy once and for all!"

Coidzor
2014-03-10, 07:54 PM
"Wait, if it's because of magic use, then why isn't Yuri affected? He's a financial wizard, after all! har-har-har"

Seamus belts out a full-belly-laugh and slaps the table.

"But, seriously, all I did was beat the crap out of things and people and more things, not shoot fire everywhere. If this what kind of appetite combat brings, MREs must be super dense to fit in enough calories..."

Seamus shrugs and resumes eating an entire hand of bananas. At Indra's query he stops for a moment, thinking about how to phrase it all.

"Well, I guess we fought a giant worm-monster's tentacles and this pair calling themselves Rip and Tear and then one got away and we went to the river and the giant Crocodile Man came and we rode him and fought the snake monster and then we got to the golf course easily enough after that, aside from getting wet. Once we got there, we got attacked by a couple of crazy golem Baka Bots that looked like someone tried to recreate those Rip and Tear characters. Oh, yeah, and a golfer. Wait a minute. ..."

Seamus stops for a moment and stares before facepalming.

"We forgot the golfer! Also, Jade. No idea where she ran off to, but I guess it let us get closer to them so they'd stop shooting things at us from far away."

Seamus stops and blanches before absent-mindedly picking up a bagel and chewing on it between thoughts.

"I hope none of them got eaten by gribblies in the night..."

Amidus Drexel
2014-03-10, 08:03 PM
Yuri pushes the steak away and pats his stomach. "No, Macky, I don't think I can eat anything else; you go right ahead."

He turns to the Devas. "Mostly I just shot things until they stopped moving. We got this golfer, Kingsley, to surrender, but I don't know where he went off to. We freed Vulcan from the forge where he'd been tied up, and this new kid Danny here took on Virochana one on one. Killed him pretty quick when Mimmi pulled the old bastard's domain out from under him."

"Financial wizard, eh? Hey, I'm no accountant! I'm just good at getting other people to give me their money." Yuri grins.

LaZodiac
2014-03-10, 09:19 PM
Varuna raises his hand, holding a goblet of wine, the tiny form of Sobek swimming in it "To our victors. Though hearing that the champion Virochana recruited still lives is distressing. Perhaps after the feast, we shall head to the look out on the roof, see if we can spot him?"

Teddy
2014-03-11, 10:54 AM
Well, w-we bound him together with one of their soldiers. Perhaps Vulcan or Jian Bing found them by now.

Feeling a bit more replenished, Mimmi tries out a new thing. Holding her palm outstretched, she concentrates immensely on a pineapple at the other end of the table. Pouring her magic into small, glowing circles around her fingertips, she slowly wills the pineapple to rise into the air. The fruit starts to approach her, slowly and unsteadily at first, but then faster, until it flies at her and she clumsily has to catch it before it hits her face.

Whoa.

Mimmi proceeds to take a knife and cut the pineapple into thick slices. Taking a bite out of one, she turns up again.

Okay, let's go.

LaZodiac
2014-03-11, 11:17 AM
Okay! After everyone has eaten their fill, they head up to the very roof of the revolving restaurant. The sky is clear and blue, and the view across the city is actually quite beautiful. Of course, if you look closely, you can see the hidden damage throughout, the slowly crumbling corners of the city.

There are two sets of binoculars facing north, south, east, and west that can be used to see into the distance. Yuri, you're pretty sure your sniper scope would probably be stronger, so you could just use that instead if you wanted.

Teddy
2014-03-11, 11:20 AM
Mimmi looks through the east binoculars toward the golf club.

LaZodiac
2014-03-11, 11:28 AM
Mimmi, you look toward the golf course. You can see Jian Bing lounging around in the crater he had made, and see smoke rising from Vulcan's forge (clearly working on whatever Yuri's requested). Looking where the golfer, Kingsley, was tied up, you see only a torn rope. He appears to have escaped. You can do a perception check to try and see if you see any smaller clues as to how he escaped. It's still pretty far away after all, binoculars or not.

Teddy
2014-03-11, 11:41 AM
Not good.

Mimmi tries to discern any details in the scene.

Perception check
Positive: [roll0]
Negative: [roll1]
AV: 8

Total: 12

LaZodiac
2014-03-11, 11:43 AM
Looking at it closely, you can barely make out a few scorch marks near the torn ropes. It appears that Anala and Anila freed him.

Amidus Drexel
2014-03-11, 01:31 PM
Yuri puts the safety on his rifle and looks down towards the golf course through the scope.

Escaped? Well, that's no good. I suppose it's still better than killing him, though...

He scans around in the other directions, taking his time to cover as much area as possible.

Perception
Pos: [roll0]
Neg: [roll1]
AV is 9
Total: 6

LaZodiac
2014-03-11, 02:04 PM
Yuri, you don't really see anything else at the golf course that Mimmi hasn't. However, scanning the four corners, you do see a few things. To the north, you see your school. From the looks of it, Suzi is organizing the fortification of the walls and entrances and stuff, making it a more defensible position.

To the west, you see a few fire fights, a few roaming monstrous looking creatures that, sadly to your estimate, even if you went as fast as you could, you wouldn't be able to assist in. Lives slipping through the cracks.

To the south, however, you see something very interesting. A large crowd of what must be a hundred people. They're wearing cobbled together armour, with a mixture of animal fur and actual pieces of armour, be it real steel or leather or just protective pads from sports and such, all congregating. Looking at it closer, you can see that they're armed to the teeth with home fashioned axes and swords. In the center of them all is a large stage, made from the flatbed of four semi trucks. Standing on it is a line of people you recognize as being grunts of the Asura, bound in chains and severely beaten.

Moving about the stage is a man in large, professional looking armour, a great combination of animal furs and plates of metal. He also wears a simple leather brown cloak draped over his shoulders, hood over his head obscuring his face. By his side, holding a large sword, is a simple looking man in strong, sturdy looking armour, a diagonal scar on his face. He's standing at attention, while the other figure is walking around, seemingly delivering a speech.

Yuri, I'd like you to make a perception check.

Amidus Drexel
2014-03-11, 02:23 PM
The hell? What's that?

"Hey, look at this! They've got a big mob down there." Yuri waves the rest over to the south.

He narrows his eyes when he sees the hooded man, and starts to scowl. Is that...

Perception
For: [roll0]
Pos: [roll1]
Neg: [roll2]
AV is 9

Teddy
2014-03-11, 02:39 PM
Mimmi looks through the southern binoculars, trying to pinpoint the mob.

Perception check

LaZodiac
2014-03-11, 02:48 PM
Mimmi, you find the mob that Yuri spotted. As your eyes fixate on the stage, the hooded man removes said hood, showing he has a relatively large looking winged helmet underneath. The man's face is strong and forceful, as if made of aged rock, with a large beard. One of his eyes is covered by an eyepatch. He points to one of the Asura bandits in the line and he steps forward. The other figure hefts his sword and, with a swing, beheads the bandit in an instant.

Yuri: As the hood comes down you see the man's face. It's the American spy that killed your family. Worse still, as the second figure beheads the Asura bandit, you realize you recognize his face as well, aside from the scar on it. It's your brother.

Teddy
2014-03-11, 02:59 PM
A one-eyed man? Could this be Odin? :smallwink:

Info/Occult check
AV: 15

Total: 15

Amidus Drexel
2014-03-11, 03:12 PM
Yuri audibly snarls when the man removes his hood. He flicks the safety off of his rifle and aims down the sights. "I've got you now, scum..."

Just as he's about to pull the trigger, though, his eyes widen, and he slumps back with a confused expression. That can't be... no, I s-saw him... Dmitri...

LaZodiac
2014-03-11, 03:48 PM
A one-eyed man? Could this be Odin? :smallwink:

Why yes Mimmi, looking at him, you're fairly confident that this guy is Odin.

At Odin's command, the second of fourth Asura bandits steps up, and is summarily executed by the second figure.

Teddy
2014-03-12, 04:22 PM
Seems the Norse gods have decided to s-strike back on the Asura now that Virochana is out of the picture.

Amidus Drexel
2014-03-15, 12:36 AM
Yuri stares at the rifle and halfheartedly mumbles his words, his mind clearly elsewhere. "We should... go down and do... stuff... help them out, maybe..."

I've got to find out what's going on... If Dmitri's alive... no, I'm not going to think that. Not worth going through that again. He's dead... Let the dead rest, Yuri...

Yuri suddenly stands up, returning to a more normal demeanor. He still seems a bit detached, but not lethargically so. "We should go down and see what's going on. I'd like to get a little closer look at that one-eyed man down there, and his little executioner."

LaZodiac
2014-03-15, 12:38 AM
Mimmi, if you're still watching (and to anyone else who's using binoculars to look at the situation), when Yuri says "little executioner", said executioner swings and beheads the third Asura member.

Teddy
2014-03-15, 02:42 PM
Gruesome.
Mimmi frowns and steps back from the binoculars.

Before w-we go...

She turns to the Devas.

We fulfilled our part of the deal, you promised us your aid.

LaZodiac
2014-03-15, 04:55 PM
Indra bows, though he's still taller then Mimmi while stooped "Of course. What do you wish of us?"

Coidzor
2014-03-15, 07:08 PM
"Well, I think we were initially wanting to keep you from allying with those Ring weirdos and find out who started all this and why and if kicking their asses would prevent an alternative to having to go through and personally kick the ass of every wannabe demonlord, cultist, and god in the city who manages to find a site."

Seamus shrugs and scratches the back of his head, rustling his mane.

"So, uh, I suppose don't help those Ring people out if they come by... And since apparently there's only one way to resolve all this and that's to finish the fight, any knowledge you'd have of any other factions out there we're likely to run into close at hand would be good... as well as any assistance with protecting our more vulnerable sites, like the one at City Hall and maybe the School. I'm sure we might think of something else and need some way to get into contact with you all as we go along though."

Seamus grits his teeth in concentration, as if sure he was forgetting something, tapping the side of his cheek as he pauses in thought.

"For now though I suppose we could do with any info you have on that Odin guy and where we can find him if they manage to disperse completely before we can get over there to axe them some questions. Though I suppose we might need to borrow an axe in that case."

He reaches up to pat his sword.

"Not that there's anything wrong with you, swordy buddy."

LaZodiac
2014-03-15, 07:15 PM
The katana's eye gives off the expression of a smile, and it gently scuttles around on Seamus' shoulder in the way that would be understood as "it's okay".

Indra responds, taking out a small golden pin that is in the shape of a lightning bolt. "Simply hold that and call my name, and you will be able to contact me."

In response to Seamus' question about other factions, Indra responds "I can tell you what I know. I know in the place you know as 'West Edmonton Mall' there is a Domain, run by an army of Oni. My scouts have also reported the activities of that faction known as The Ring. They appear to be...building something, in the south."

To anyone still observing, the final Asuran Bandit is decapitated. You can almost hear the cheers from the crowd of ruffians.

Blue Ghost
2014-03-16, 02:57 AM
Daniel bristles at the mention of the Ring, his voice taking on a tinge of anxiety. This construction of the Ring. What are they doing? How much progress have they made?

Teddy
2014-03-16, 08:34 AM
Can you attune more people to a domain some time after you gained control of it?

Info/Occult check
Positive [roll0]

Total: 18

LaZodiac
2014-03-16, 08:38 AM
You're not actually sure, Mimmi, but you're guessing yes. It won't count as them owning it if, say, it's owned by someone else, but you feel like, for the purpose of deciding who wins the War, it'd count as owning it.

Indra responds "Our scouts reveal it to be a tower of some sort. The work clearly started before the War began, as it is about three stories high at the moment."

Teddy
2014-03-16, 11:14 AM
Mimmi hesitates for a moment.

Domains. W-we need more domains to lower the dome. Do you think you could lend us yours?

LaZodiac
2014-03-16, 11:16 AM
"It is already done. As the Ruler of this Domain, by submitting fealty to you all, this place is now yours."

Blue Ghost
2014-03-16, 03:13 PM
Thank you. That makes three domains in our control. How many more domains are there?

LaZodiac
2014-03-16, 10:18 PM
Indra bows his head a little lower "I'm sorry, but I don't know how many Domains there are."

Coidzor
2014-03-16, 11:12 PM
"So, we just have to keep kicking people's asses until we run out of demons. Fun for the whole family. Kind of weird to build a tower though. Wonder what purpose it could serve? I mean, they seemed to think just winning would let them mind control everyone, right?"

Seamus cracks his knuckles.

"Well, that's three things that present themselves. We wanna go see if we can meet Papa Odin back there before that mob can go rabble rabble somewhere else or bust some oni heads open or go enjoy breaking a tower before they can even build it? Or I guess we could check on that hospital and make sure Missus McWeirdshirt hasn't taken it over and built a throne out of babies or anything."

Seamus pauses for a second and blanches.

"...Oh great... We're going to have to encounter something on a throne of babies now, aren't we? That's going to suck..."

He shakes himself.

"So. Uh. Yeah. I'm more interested in meeting Old One-Eye first off, since they're not that far off at the moment."

Amidus Drexel
2014-03-17, 12:29 PM
Yuri absentmindedly fiddles with the rifle. "Agreed. Let's go meet the mob."

Blue Ghost
2014-03-17, 02:09 PM
Daniel gazes off into the distance absently. ... Yes, let's deal with Odin. I believe that is a wise course of action for the moment.

LaZodiac
2014-03-17, 02:39 PM
Okay! Indra wishes you good luck, and the four of you pile into the two cards you have and drive off towards the mob.

As you drive, you have to make a few detours here and there, due to destroyed cars and the occasional building. It seems that the night was not kind to the city. The bodies you do see along the road are a sorry sight to see.

Finally, after a uneventful, though tense, drive, you arrive at the location of the mob. It appears to have vanished in the time it took you to get there, though the flat bed stage is still there. However, there is a bright light enveloping the stage. Standing guard on the road in front of you are three women in leather and chain armour, each wearing a white cape. They have two swords in each of their belts, and are riding on horses that has a shield strapped to it, clearly meant to be swapped with one of the swords if needed. Each of them wears a face obscuring mask that flairs up at the sides like wings. (http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130825111057/megamitensei/images/e/ef/SH_valkyrie.jpg) Their hair is all different, though one of them (the one that heads towards you below) has the same hair as in the picture I'm linking here.

One of them trots towards your cars, a hand going to her sword hilt "Halt. Who goes?"

Teddy
2014-03-17, 03:02 PM
Valkyries? And by the way, what are the moral leanings of the Norse pantheon?

Info/Occult check

Total: 17

LaZodiac
2014-03-17, 03:05 PM
Mimmi, you're fairly certain these are in fact valkyries. No idea what the shining light is though. As for their disposition, you imagine they'd be pretty friendly as long as you're not obviously aligned with their enemies. They might be a bit...cheap, lets say, if they ask you to do something for them. You can't remember the exact story, but you remember they once cheated some dwarves to get their magical weaponry and armour, and the only thing they paid was Loki getting his mouth stitched and scarred from it.

Coidzor
2014-03-17, 11:30 PM
Macky kills the engine and opens his door, swinging first one massive leg and then the other, his feet peeking out past the door before being put to earth. He slowly unfolds from the confines of the car, cracking his neck and rolling his shoulders as he slowly, deliberately closes the door and steps forward, raising himself to his full height, puffing his chest out and his brow furrowed.

Gazing directly into the eyes of each Valkyrie in turn he walks well in front of the car towards the trio before clapping his hands together to break the silence and proceeding to loose a massive shout. He tosses his arms back, hands up, causing his tattered coat to pillow out behind him like a cape, seeming to almost visibly bulge as his muscles strain against the fabric of his shirt and he dominates the space around himself.

"Who goes?

"Macky goes!"

"Macky who is Seamus. Son of Ian and Susan of the MacKenzie. "

"Macky. Head-butter. Fairy Smasher. Mask Breaker. Throne Taker. Shadow Slayer. Ringsbane. Asura Thrasher. Forge Freer. Tiger Friend.

"Macky, wielder of Katana-Spider, who wrested Nihonto-Gumo from the hand of Hayato."

With this he extends his hand to the heavens with a flourish, fingers spread wide as a fan while the blade crawls up his arm. A flick of his wrist when the hilt reaches his palm grips it tightly enough to extend the blade towards the heavens before flicking the blade out to the side, pointing away from everyone as his free hand gestures along the blade.

Macky, who faced himself and overcame the three-fold trial of the Deva. Macky, who had tea with Sobek and then rode him across the North Saskatchewan River to face the King of the Asura. Macky, who laid low the serpent Aghasura, so that it might be slain. Macky, who outwitted the rainbow riddle of Virochana."

Macky twirls his blade for effect, punctuating each statement with a sweep of the blade before gently relaxing his grip and setting Katana-spider on his shoulder with a gentle pat. He once more shifts his gaze between the eyes of the Valkyries in turn as he finishes his address.

"Macky goes to find the man who looks like Odin. Macky goes to find the man who looks like Odin to meet with him, find out his aims, and determine whether a mutually beneficial arrangement can be reached. And these... These are my friends."

He gestures at the rest and, his piece said, Macky turns back to the others and shrugs as if to say "am I doing it right?"

LaZodiac
2014-03-17, 11:43 PM
The valkyrie that approached you says, in a voice she clearly meant to be less audible "Oh crap it's a Jotunn."

She then draws her swords and holds them in up in a defensive position, though she clearly does not want to fight "Why, Frost Giant? Has your King decided to beg for peace?"

Amidus Drexel
2014-03-18, 12:25 AM
Yuri gives Seamus an impressed look, then turns to the valkyries with a determined expression. His speech starts out cold and distant, but as he begins to list the group's victories, he becomes more passionate, gesturing dramatically with his Glock.

"I am Yuri Mikhailovich Zakharov, of the frozen east. I can attest to Seamus' skill in battle, both with the sword and with his fists. I myself am a marksman of no small talent; I fought with both Rend and Tear, and they walk the Earth no longer. I have cut down dozens of the Asura's demons, golems, and servants, and the servants of the Ring, and they walk the Earth no longer. I did battle with the serpent god Aghasura, and it swims the seas no longer. I did battle with Queen Mab, and she dreams no longer. Those who oppose us are destined to oblivion, and those who side with us shall share in the victories over the rest - more glorious battle until the demons are all sent back to Hell."

He glares at them pointedly. "We will see about peace, if it comes to that. I have a vested interest in this meeting with the Allfather, and his little executioner. We will pass - whether you will see us go on is up to you."

Coidzor
2014-03-18, 12:41 AM
Macky pauses for a moment and turns back to look at the valkyries, raising an eyebrow at their strange words before casting about for whatever they could be talking about because they certainly could not be talking about him.

"Huh. Wait. What? Yo Tun? Yo Tun? Frost Giant? Where? I don't see any great big blue men the size of skyscrapers around here. Do you see any blue men as tall as skyscrapers with giant white beards and horned helmets the size of gymnasiums, Mimmi? What about you, Yuri? Daniel?"

Having looked around and confirmed that there's nothing around that fit the description of a Frost Giant as he knows it, Macky turns back to the valkyries and lifts his arms up in a massive shrug.

"So, now that we've determined that it's just the three of you and the four of us around at the moment and all... I'm Macky, you're a bunch of strange women on horses that are probably from out of this world. Do you know where we can find Odin? I don't have a king and I don't think any of the rest of us do, just in case that was going to be the next question you asked."

LaZodiac
2014-03-18, 01:04 AM
Upon Yuri's boast and Seamus's confusion, the Valkyrie lowers his weapons, though keeps them drawn all the same. "You...don't know...okay, okay..." she mumbles, taking a deep breath. She then stares at Yuri.

"I can with confidence say I know not of at least half of the names you say. Though...I suppose I can thank you for clearing out the Asura. The Allfather grew weary of Virochana's attempts of keeping the peace. We'll be sure to send other Valkyrie's there to collect what dead are worthy."

Now with some confidence in her breath, the Valkyrie stiffens her back strait and says "The Allfather has returned to our mead hall." She points to Yuri with one of her swords "You can find it's location using your calling device. You mortals have dubbed this place 'The Druid'. Just be on your best behavior, and shackle your beast."

Teddy
2014-03-18, 04:19 PM
Mimmi steps up behind Seamus and Yuri, Eld and Snö coiled up around her shoulders as the Norse serpents they represent.

S-Seamus, they're valkyries, who invite worthy warriors fallen in battle to join Odin's einherjar in wait for the final battle of Ragnarök.

She then turns to the valkyries.

And Seamus is no jotun, no. He's just larger and louder than any of us mortals. But tell us more about this place, and what is the beast you want us to shackle?

LaZodiac
2014-03-18, 04:21 PM
The Valkyrie looks back at her two compatriots, who for a moment just shrug. She then looks back at Mimmi "I...I mean the one you call Seamus. I'm sorry, I wasn't aware he was a mortal. First I thought him a frost giant, then some other manner of beastily demon. Ever more you mortals amaze me."

Teddy
2014-03-18, 04:24 PM
Well, h-he sure boasts like a demon.
Mimmi smirks.

But back to the matter at hands, this place is called The Druid?

LaZodiac
2014-03-18, 04:25 PM
"Well, no, not this place, but down the street is a mead hall known by such a moniker"

Teddy
2014-03-18, 04:42 PM
I suppose there's where w-we head next, then?

Mimmi lobs her question over her shoulder to the others.

Amidus Drexel
2014-03-18, 05:08 PM
Yuri gives a curt nod to the valkyries, then turns to Mimmi. "Indeed. To the bar!"

Coidzor
2014-03-18, 05:38 PM
"Shackles? Sorry ladies, but bondage costs extra."

Macky waggles his forefinger at the trio.

"What? Boasting like a demon? I was just trying to speak their language, Mimmi."

He pauses and chortles a bit to himself before continuing.

"And if you think I'm impressive, wait'll you see a Shaq attack."

Macky pantomimes a slam dunk and then slaps his belly as he's overcome with laughter.

LaZodiac
2014-03-18, 06:22 PM
The Valkyrie's, who are utterly confused by Seamus' pop culture references and general haminess, step out of the path of our heroes so they can finish driving down to 'The Druid'

It's a short drive, and they finally reach the entrance. I'd post a picture but since I don't have batteries for my mouse, I have to make do with the track pad which is FRUSTRATING AS ALL HELL AND BAD. So look up the place on Google Maps yourself guys, it's The Druid irish pub in Edmonton.

On the outside, it looks relatively well in tact, though it's quite clear some fighting has gone in or around the pub. You can all hear the sounds of merriment (and Norwegian Pirate Metal (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BT78QgT93zU)) blaring from inside.

Amidus Drexel
2014-03-18, 07:39 PM
Yuri parks the car and straightens out his suit. I don't know why I even bother trying to dress nice. Someone always ruins my suit...

Metal, huh? You know, I wouldn't mind a bit of traditional Celtic music at one of these places. All of these contemporary nuts ruin the atmosphere. He then stows his weapons and walks into the pub.

LaZodiac
2014-03-18, 08:06 PM
The heroes enter the bar. It looks quite professional and homey, like the type of bar you'd see in a sports commercial. Though it's quite a bit full and smells of booze and sweaty, hairy men. Also iron, and the faintest smell of copper. The music is loud and almost overbearing.

Yuri, as you enter specifically, a madly gesticulating drunk in heavy padded football armour, designed to look like a lion, swings his mug and spills some mead onto your suit. The rest of the pub seems to be much the same, though this is clearly not enough men to form that mob. A few patrons take notice of you coming in, and one of them (a bulky, large fellow in robes that make him look like wizard or, perhaps more appropriately a druid) greets you "Welcome to the Druid, lads and lass. What brings you here, to the greatest pub in the apparent end times?"

Amidus Drexel
2014-03-18, 08:16 PM
Yuri scowls and kicks the drunk man's feet out from under him, then looks at the man in robes. "We're here to speak with Odin. Showing us to him would go a long way towards keeping me from shooting the bastard that spilled mead on my suit. My day started off wonderful, but has since gotten progressively worse with each passing hour. I am in no mood to play games."

Martial Arts vs. drunk guy
AV is 9
Total: 13

LaZodiac
2014-03-18, 08:39 PM
Yuri, you're able to get your question out, but the druid is unable to answer, for he has ducked under the serving counter. For a brief moment you all look over to the man Yuri tripped. The man fell, obviously, flat on his face. His mug, still with some mead in it, soars through the sky in a beautiful boozey arc. Everyone seems to clear their way from it's path.

All except a large imposing man with a large bushy red beard, fire-y and strong. At odds with his fellows, he wears a simple red tunic that barely constrains his bulging muscles. Wrapped round his waist is a strong, iron belt with the image of a hammer on it. (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1c/Thor%27s_hammer%2C_Sk%C3%A5ne.svg) He has a warhammer slung through said belt, though the haft is far too short for it to be used properly.

You don't so much see as hear it, at first. The sound of the mug shattering on the man's face, the mead splashing over his ginger beard, making it glisten with wetness. You do see the man get a large grin, as if he was waiting for something like this, it wouldn't of mattered who caused it. You see him heft two men up by the napes of their shirts, and throw one to the left, and one directly towards your location. You're able to avoid it, as it was not thrown at you persay, but the man who Yuri tripped. You overhear the murmers of the patrons going things like "Oh dear" and "oh no" and "here comes the storm..."

You hear the man shout out loudly as he raises his fists. "BAAAAR FIGHT!"

On cue, the music switches tracks. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=605NHDqy7R4) Roll initiative.Having you guys do it because I'm actually that frustrated in the track pad making me have to rewrite this entire post.

Amidus Drexel
2014-03-18, 08:43 PM
Yuri pulls out his pistol and ***** it. "Here we go..."

[roll0] + 2 fast draw

Initiative: 11

Coidzor
2014-03-18, 09:22 PM
Macky takes in the scene as he enters the pub.

"Huh. I didn't know Edmonton had a Ren Faire..."

He facepalms as Yuri gets splashed, wiping a few drops of sticky wetness away in the process, though his ears perk up at the commotion and ruckus, as the red-bearded figure rises and tosses the two men about.

"Maybe we should wait until we see how this develops before we start shooting. No need to make this worse than it already has to be."

He reaches out to pluck the hurled man out of the air, his teeth bared in a wide grin.

Martial Arts
Action Value 15
Result: 16

Macky bellows and looks into the eyes of the redbearded hammer man.

"Y'Wanna Fight!? I'm yer man! UNLESS ANY OF YE NANCIES WANT TO GET IN OUR WAY!?"

Intimidate
Action Value 11
Positive: [roll2]
Negative: [roll3]
Result: 9

Initiative
Speed 7
Roll: [roll4]
Result: 13

Blue Ghost
2014-03-18, 10:57 PM
Daniel's hand flies to his sword hilt as he sighs. Must you respond to every challenge with violence? Fine.

Initiative: [roll0]

Teddy
2014-03-19, 07:07 AM
Mimmi hesistantly takes a small step backwards, a little incomfortable with the crowded situation suddenly escalating.

Initiative: [roll0]

Roll initiative.Having you guys do it because I'm actually that frustrated in the track pad making me have to rewrite this entire post.

You know Firefox supports Ctrl + Z and preserves text when going backwards/forwards, right?

LaZodiac
2014-03-20, 12:15 AM
The large, bearded red man pounds his chest "OH YEAH! Nice catch! You're mine!" he then points at Seamus, smirking a toothy grin.

Obviously Thor: [roll0]

Now, obviously, not EVERYONE in the bar wants to fight. Specifically, only 9 people feel up to the challenge of the bar fight. They read their fists (and in some cases, weapons) and get ready to fight!

Also a note, the other people not fighting ARE watching, and aren't afraid to get into it if antagonized. Feel free to...ahem, introduce them to your enemies :smallamused:

Wild Huntsmen 1: [roll1]
Wild Huntsmen 2: [roll2]
Wild Huntsmen 3: [roll3]

Modern Viking 1 (this is the one that spilled the drink on Yuri): [roll4]
Modern Viking 2: [roll5]
Modern Viking 3: [roll6]

New Age Druid 1: [roll7]
New Age Druid 2: [roll8]
New Age Druid 3: [roll9]

Shot List: 13: Seamus, Thor
12: Mimmi
11: Yuri
10: Viking 1, Viking 3
9: WH3
8: Daniel, WH1, WH2, Viking 2, Druid 3
7: Druid 7
6:
5: Druid 2
4:
3:
2:
1:

SEAMUS. You first!

Coidzor
2014-03-20, 03:10 PM
Ye better show ye can take what ya dish out, then!

Macky laughs as he lifts the man he caught over his head and bodily hurls him back at Thor.

Martial Arts
AV 15
Positive [roll0]
Negative [roll1]
Result 15

LaZodiac
2014-03-20, 03:21 PM
Thor laughs as the armoured man is thrown back into him! It hits, knocking them both to the ground. However, the burly Aesir is unharmed, and stands up "Good throw! But I could say the same for you!"

He then dashes over to Seamus and delivers a weighty round house punch to his face, intending to send him up over the bar counter.

Martial Arts VS Seamus: +15
Result: EXPLOSION

LaZodiac
2014-03-20, 03:23 PM
EXPLOSION Martial Arts VS Seamus: (6-5)+15
Result: 21, so it hits, sending Seamus up in a parabolic arc, slamming into the back wall of the bar, booze smashing all over! This inflicts...zero damage. Goodness.

Mimmi's turn!

Teddy
2014-03-20, 04:07 PM
N-no knives in a fist fight!

Mimmi raises her hand toward the third Wild Hunter and glowing runes form around her fingertips.

Fly!

Similar runes form around the hunters sword, and with a sudden throw upwards with her hand, she tries to wrestle it out of his grip, hurling it up toward the roof.

Sorcery check to cast Movement/Chucking Things About, trying to disarm WH3

Total: 16

LaZodiac
2014-03-20, 04:39 PM
Mimmi, your spell works perfectly, sending the sword from his grasp and into the roof. He's VERY annoyed.

Yuri's turn!

Amidus Drexel
2014-03-20, 05:03 PM
Yuri walks up to the one who spilled mead on him, puts his foot on the guy's back, and shoots him in the leg. He snarls, "Don't get up if you know what's good for you."

Guns vs. Modern Viking 1
AV is 14

LaZodiac
2014-03-20, 05:14 PM
The bullet hits his leg, but it rebounds off his armour, narrowly missing your head in return!

Yuri, Mimmi, Seamus, you can all go!

Amidus Drexel
2014-03-20, 05:18 PM
Yuri immediately jumps back, and shifts into a defensive stance. He looks around, trying to position himself in a safer spot away from most of the brawl.

--
Using eyes of the snake

Teddy
2014-03-21, 08:12 AM
Or a gunfight, I guess.

Mimmi glares at Yuri from the corner of her eye, then raises her hand toward the first hunter, concentrating intensely on her fingertips as glowing circles surround them, as she tries to make his sword join the first stuck solid in the ceiling.

Fly!

Sorcery check

Teddy
2014-03-21, 08:15 AM
Another negative: [roll0]

Teddy
2014-03-21, 08:17 AM
Yet another negative: [roll0]

Total: 3

LaZodiac
2014-03-21, 08:20 AM
Mimmi, this time your spell is not as strong as you'd like, and the Huntsmen is easily able to resist it, swinging his sword in retaliation to the spell (as if shaking off the magic's grip).

Seamus's turn!

Coidzor
2014-03-21, 06:28 PM
Macky picks himself up and wipes away the shards of broken glass.

"Hah! Good air, but ye'll have to do better'n tha' ta hurt!"

He reaches forward and snatches up a tumblr glass and squeezes the mixed boozes out of his hair into it before vaulting over the bar top, slinging the glass at Thor's eyes as he does so.

"Here's Mud in yer Eye!"

Martial Arts
AV 15
Positive [roll0]
Negative [roll1]
Result 15 + 3 - 2 = 16

LaZodiac
2014-03-21, 06:51 PM
The shot glass hits, and shatters fantastically, booze getting in Thor's eyes! He stumbles, and it's clear he'll be a little less accurate for a while! Thor just continues to laugh "Aaah, that's a good one! Down you GO!" he then puts his hands together and overhead slams Seamus into the bar floor, Captain Kirk style.

Martial Arts VS Seamus: +15-2
Result: EXPLOSION!

Viking 1 will get up and face Yuri, swinging a punch at him with a roar "No one spills mah DRINK!"

Martial Arts VS Yuri: +13
Result: 9, so the fist sails past Yuri, slamming into the bar counter!

Viking 3 will be a more violent, and eying Daniel, swing his axe at the smaller fellow, thinking him an easy target!

Martial Arts VS Daniel: +13
Positive: [roll4]
Negative: [roll5]
Result: 14, so it hits, barely! The axe clips Daniel in the shoulder, inflicting 9 damage, or zero if he dodges.

LaZodiac
2014-03-21, 06:55 PM
EXPLOSION Martial Arts VS Seamus: (3-6)+15-2
Negative: [roll0]
Result: 8, so it misses! Seamus is easily able to side step the attack!

Yuri's turn!

Amidus Drexel
2014-03-21, 07:27 PM
Yuri spits on the man. "You spilled your mead on me. And didn't I tell you not to get up?

Sit, dog!" He fires again, this time aiming to kill.

AV is 14
Total: 14

LaZodiac
2014-03-31, 01:38 PM
Yuri's bullet hits, but it pings off his armour and smashes through someone's mug with a resounding crackle of smashed glass.

Wild Huntsmen 3, without his sword, is very annoyed. He takes out a hunting bow from behind his wolf skin cloak and fires off an arrow at Mimmi! The arrow flies towards her, glowing with a small blue light!

Guns VS Mimmi: +14
Result: 12, so it misses, imbedding itself in the bar counter behind her.

Yuri, Mimmi, Daniel, it's your turns!

Amidus Drexel
2014-03-31, 01:51 PM
Yuri frustratedly kicks the man in the head. "проклятие, проклятие, проклятие, проклятие, проклятие!"

For: [roll0]
Pos: [roll1]
Neg: [roll2]
AV is 9

LaZodiac
2014-03-31, 02:01 PM
Yuri, you DO hit the man in the head, but proceed only to stub your toe on his helmet!

Mimmi and Daniel, you're up!

Teddy
2014-03-31, 02:13 PM
Y-Yuri, don't escalate this!

Mimmi cries out in shock at Yuri's sudden resort to lethal force. Stressed by the crowded environment and the intensifying brawl, she turns again to the Wild Huntsman who just rearmed himself.

I said no weapons!

She twists her arm in a forward spiral, magic runes tracing in the air behind her hand.

Eld!

The runes flare up into the long, slender serpent of fire, weaving its way through the room, snapping with its searing fangs toward the wooden bow.

Sorcery check to disarm Wild Huntsman 3
AV: 15-2=13

Total 15

LaZodiac
2014-03-31, 02:21 PM
Mimmi, your spell hits the bow, and it catches on fire! The Wild Hunter angrily throws it away, grimacing.

Daniel, your turn!

Blue Ghost
2014-04-01, 03:17 AM
Daniel sighs. To think that on the day of the War of Dominion, I would be caught in a petty bar brawl... Your recklessness astounds me.
He hefts his sword and hurls it like a missile, aiming to cut the chandelier from the ceiling. If successful, the chandelier should fall on the Viking warriors and incapacitate them.

Loyal Steel to throw sword, using a fortune die.
Base: 10
Fortune die: [roll2]

- - - Updated - - -

Explosion!
[roll0]

Total is 18, before the forum ate my post.

LaZodiac
2014-04-01, 03:30 AM
...right, damn, I forgot the new system makes it so that double posts get eaten up into your regular post as an update.

Okay, so...just so we're clear, I did see Blue's rolls before they got eaten, and he DID hit well enough to take em out. I'll be going forward with that in mind.

Additionally, I'll be making a dice roll thread for when we get explosions. This is kind of frustrating :smallsigh::smallbiggrin:

------------------

Anyway, Daniel's attack hits home, slicing through the chain holding the chandelier up! With a resounding crash it falls on the three vikings, knocking them out cold, and depriving Yuri of the satisfaction of avenging his suit. Poor guy.

Anyway, next is Wild Huntsmen 1 and 2! They charge at Mimmi and Daniel, trying to split the party between themselves! Their swords flash out in either direction!

Martial Arts VS Mimmi: +16
Result: EXPLOSIONS

Martial Arts VS Daniel: +16
Result: EXPLOSIONS

Finally, over from the group of three robed men, one of them (the third one specifically) reaches into his many layers of tribal robes and brings out a handful of glowing crystals! "See them sparkle and glow, man. The crystals...have power! ZIO!" suddenly a crackle of lightning arcs towards Yuri!

Sorcery VS Yuri: +15
Positive: [roll4]
Negative: [roll5]
Result: 18, so the lightning hits, crackling into Yuri and inflicting 8 damage, 5 if Yuri dodges!

- - - Updated - - -

EXPLOSION THREAD: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?338691-Shin-Megami-Tensei-FS-Explosion-Rolling-Thread&p=17233465#post17233465

Martial Arts VS Mimmi
Result: 14, so it misses, the sword swipe narrowly avoiding her head!

Martial Arts VS Daniel
Result: 16, so it hits! However, if Daniel dodges, he misses. So...not gonna do the math, he's definitely dodging this. Since it's Box Cars, you can do something cool/cruel to the poor guy, and one of his friends.

Blue Ghost
2014-04-01, 03:45 AM
As the huntsman charges a seemingly defenseless Daniel, the thrown jian suddenly returns to Daniel's hand, just in time to parry the foe's attack. As the foe is caught off guard by the unexpected block, Daniel shoves him in the way of the druid's bolt of lightning.

LaZodiac
2014-04-01, 03:48 AM
The huntsmen lets out a pained cry as the lightning strikes him, running through his sword and causing it to burn his hand (and the rest of his smelly, wolf hide wearing body) quite horribly. He falls down, probably not dead. Yuri avoids damage because of it!

Seamus, it's your turn!

Coidzor
2014-04-01, 03:42 PM
"Ya gotta be pretty steamed to try a kirk smash! Why don't ya run off some stress!"

Macky steps in and reaches out a paw to grab Thor's arm and spins, taking the big galoot with him, before shoving Thor hard on the back, sending him barreling at Mimmi's two new friends.

Martial Arts - 3
Action Value: 15
Fortune: [roll0]
Positive: [roll1]
Negative: [roll2]
Result: 12

LaZodiac
2014-04-01, 03:52 PM
Thor laughs as he spins around with Seamus, reversing the throw so that HE'S throwing HIM at HIS friends, specifically Daniel and Mimmi. "AH HAHAHAHA! THIS IS FUN!"

Martial Arts VS Seamus, Mimmi, and Daniel: +15-3
Result: 13, so a miss!

Seamus is thrown towards Daniel and Mimmi, but is easily able to stop himself before he barrels them over!

Next is a Druid, and I'm dumb and didn't put it into the post originally XP

LaZodiac
2014-04-01, 04:07 PM
Druid 1 takes out some crystals of his own, and chants to them "Grow, little buddies! Get big, get strong! Entangle them! Shibabu!"

Suddenly, vines burst forth from the ground underneath Daniel, lashing out at him!

Sorcery VS Daniel: +15
Result: 17, so it hits! The vines stretch out and wrap around Daniel's arms and legs tightly! He can no longer move nor attack, and must make a difficulty 15 strength check to free himself of the vines on his turn!

Or someone could help him out, I guess. It'd be harder though.

Mimmi's turn!

Teddy
2014-04-01, 04:55 PM
Mimmi blinks in what could be disbelief, but what more likely is just condescension.

Crystals...

With a swift turn, she faces Daniel, her right hand outstretched and her fingers slightly curved toward the floor, holding a blue, runic disc of magic.

Recession!

Her fingers flare up, and a great blue circle dashed through with runes and lines form around Daniel's feet as she tries to make the vines entangling him wither and fall from his body.

Sorcery check to cast Fertility/Growth with an inverted effect to wither plants instead.
Postive: [roll0]

LaZodiac
2014-04-01, 08:56 PM
Mimmi's spell works, and the vines wither and die, crumbling into dust, which Daniel is easily able to shrug off.

Wild Huntsmen 3, weaponless and angry, charges over to Mimmi and tries to throw her into a head lock, pouncing on her head over and over!

Martial Arts VS Mimmi: +16
Result: EXPLOSIONS!

LaZodiac
2014-04-01, 08:57 PM
EXPLOSIONS Martial Arts VS Mimmi: (6-2)+16
Result: 22, so it hits rather hard! The Huntsmen is easily able to get a hold of her, and rapidly punches her in the head, inflicting 20 damage, 17 if Mimmi tries to dodge.

Yuri's turn!

Blue Ghost
2014-04-01, 10:49 PM
Daniel chops through the withered vines. I can take care of myself, thank you very much, he says huffily.

Teddy
2014-04-02, 01:40 PM
I-I'll keep that in m-mind.

Amidus Drexel
2014-04-02, 02:18 PM
Yuri angrily holsters his pistol and whips out his slingshot. He quickly aims and fires at the druid that attacked Daniel.

"...Fine, I won't kill any of them."

Guns vs. Druid 1
AV is 14
Total:

Amidus Drexel
2014-04-02, 02:21 PM
Explosion

Running total: 18
Total: 23

LaZodiac
2014-04-03, 09:03 AM
Yuri's marble hits the druid squarely in the head, making him fall backward on the table, spilling their drinks and knocking him out cold!

Druid 2, seeing his buddy taken out, shakes his fist angrily at Yuri, and brandishes his crystals towards him, a bolt of lightning arcing off of it and towards him!

Sorcery VS Yuri: +15
Result: 12, so it misses, the lightning scattering past Yuri and zapping into the floorboards.

Meanwhile, Wild Huntsmen 2 swipes his blade at Daniel, hoping to avenge his friend!

Result: 19, so it hits! The blade swipes at Daniel's chest, inflicting 15 damage, 12 if he dodges.

Seamus and Yuri's turn. Additionally, Daniel, Mimmi, tell you if you dodge the attacks!

Teddy
2014-04-03, 09:35 AM
Mimmi takes the full force of the assault, saving her balance to swiftly strike back instead.

Amidus Drexel
2014-04-03, 12:05 PM
Yuri quickly reloads and fires another slingstone, this time at the second druid.

AV is 14

LaZodiac
2014-04-04, 09:12 AM
FORGOT TO RESPOND TO POST. I AM THE BEST DM.

Unfortunately Yuri, though the marble hits, the Druid just winces and goes "Oww, that smarts"

Seamus, you're up! Also Daniel's, I just forgot!

Blue Ghost
2014-04-04, 08:45 PM
The huntsman's blade hits Daniel, cutting a wound across his chest. Daniel gasps and retreats a step.

Steadying himself, he points his sword at the druids. You call those baubles power? I'll show you real power. Shan dian!
A crackling blue bolt of electricity springs from Daniel's sword, leaping across the room before arcing in two, each half hurtling toward one of the druids.

Blast (Lightning) on the two druids.
Base: Sorcery 12.

LaZodiac
2014-04-04, 08:46 PM
The two druids quickly raise their crystals, which disperse the lightning as it arcs towards them, becoming meer static that lingers in the air.

Seamus's turn!

Coidzor
2014-04-05, 09:29 AM
"It's time to hang ya out to dry!"

Macky clambers up a nearby table and leaps down upon Thor and one of the Huntsmen in a double clothesline.

Martial Arts - 2
Action Value 15
Result: Negative Explosions.
(15-2 = 13 + 1 = 14 - 6 = 8.)

Coidzor
2014-04-05, 09:30 AM
Negative Explosion 1: [roll0]
(8 - 1 = 7)

Result: 7

LaZodiac
2014-04-05, 12:33 PM
Unfortunately Seamus, the Huntsmen is able to dive away from the clothesline. Thor meanwhile just bumps chests with you as you fall, laughing. He grabs Seamus by the shoulders and flips him over his head, causing him to smash into a table full of glasses.

Result: 14, so it misses! Seamus smashes into the table, destorying it and spilling mugs of mead and glass everywhere. But he is unharmed! Thor is impressed.

Finally, Druid 3 will wave his crystals around, causing a lightning bolt to spear out towards Mimmi!

Sorcery VS Mimmi: +15
Result: 18, so it hits! The lightning zaps into Mimmi, inflicting 8 damage, 5 if she dodges!

Yuri's turn. Also Mimmi's turn if she does not dodge.

Teddy
2014-04-05, 01:54 PM
Mimmi seems caught off guard by the lightning bolt, but with a sudden stroke of luck, she steps out of the way as she dodges and weaves from the hunter.

(Spending one fortune die to add to Mimmi's active dodge, not rolling since a 1 is all that's needed.)

Amidus Drexel
2014-04-05, 06:49 PM
Yuri spits, and attacks the druid with his slingshot again.

"Stay down!"

AV is 14
Total: not enough

Yuri Mikhailovich Zakharov

LaZodiac
2014-04-06, 08:23 AM
The marble misses, unfortunately, clattering against the wall.

Meanwhile, Wild Huntsmen 3, weighing his desire to punch Mimmi's head in to actually helping his side win the bar fight, body checks Yuri in an attempt to slam him against the bar counter!

Martial Arts VS Yuri: +16
Result: 16, so it hits, slamming Yuri into the bar counter for 8 damage, 0 if Yuri dodges.

Shot 2! Yuri's turn (unless he dodges) and Mimmi's turn as well!

Teddy
2014-04-06, 02:43 PM
I'm-m having enough of this!

Mimmi points her hand upwards, and many runes scribe themselves around it in intricate patterns.

Snö!

The dragon of gleaming ice flares up from her arm in a cloak of mist, flying in the direction of her hand, leaving a few runes still glowing around her fingers. She speaks to it with a dark tone under her breath.

Deal with this.

Mimmi moves her hand toward the Wild Huntsman attacking Yuri, and the serpent follows her movements, charging in to pick him up in his fangs and slam him straight into the Druid who attacked her, attempting to knock them out cold, crushed between themselves and a dragon of solid ice.

Sorcery check to cast a combination of Blast and Movement
Fortune: [roll2]
AV: 15-1=14

Teddy
2014-04-06, 02:45 PM
New positive: [roll0]
New negative: [roll1]

Teddy
2014-04-06, 02:47 PM
Another positive: [roll0]

Total: 21

LaZodiac
2014-04-06, 03:05 PM
Mimmi, your masterful spell hits the huntsmen, and slams into not just the one druid, but both of them! The three foes collapse in a heap, covered in ice!

Yuri's turn, unless you dodge the attack above.

Amidus Drexel
2014-04-06, 03:58 PM
Yuri quickly sidesteps the Huntsman, and lets him hit the bar counter.

--
Active dodging

LaZodiac
2014-04-06, 04:05 PM
The huntsmen does so, and is immediately struck by Mimmi's spell when that happens.

Wild Huntsmen 2 goes next, and he hefts his sword into the air and continues to slice at Daniel, engaging him in a sword fight!

Result: 16, so it hits! The sword slices into Daniel's side, inflicting 12 damage, or missing if he dodges.

Either way, SHOT ONE. Seamus and Yuri are up!

Blue Ghost
2014-04-06, 10:10 PM
Daniel whips his sword around to parry the blow. Try again.

(Dodging this one.)

Amidus Drexel
2014-04-06, 11:04 PM
Yuri quickly aims and fires at the huntsman attacking Daniel.

AV is 14
Total:

Amidus Drexel
2014-04-06, 11:06 PM
explosion

Running total: 15
Total: 18

LaZodiac
2014-04-07, 08:19 AM
Unfortunately, the huntsmen isn''t much phased by the marble bonking off his armour.

Seamus's turn!

Coidzor
2014-04-07, 03:51 PM
Macky climbs to his feet, shaking himself as he does so and releasing a torrent of broken glasses onto the barroom floor.

"Ooo, almost made me dizzy with that one!"

Macky bends down and hoists up the collapsed table, swinging it around and around, almost blurring a little before giving it a hurl at Thor.

(Activating Hands without Shadow)

Martial Arts
AV 15
Positive [roll0]
Negative [roll1]
Result 14

LaZodiac
2014-04-07, 04:03 PM
The table slams into Thor, shattering completely, but he is no worse for wear."HAHA! Almost got a splinter! Nice to see you're using your HEAD!" he then grabs Seamus by the shoulders and headbutts him.

Result: 15, so it hits! Thor's headbutt finally draws blood! It inflicts 5 points of damage, causing a thin line of blood to drip between Seamus's eyes.

This is the end of the scene! However, instead of rolling initiative once again, I have a request. Everyone roll for perception. This is a closed roll.

Teddy
2014-04-07, 04:06 PM
Perception check

Blue Ghost
2014-04-07, 09:08 PM
Perception 5

Total: 7

Coidzor
2014-04-07, 09:59 PM
Perception
AV 5
Positive [roll0]
Negative [roll1]
Result 4

Amidus Drexel
2014-04-07, 11:21 PM
AV is 9
Total: 9

LaZodiac
2014-04-08, 12:05 AM
With all the fighting, none of you had seen it until now, but it seems something describable as a disaster has happened. You all notice it all too clearly now. The bow that Mimmi removed from Wild Huntsmen 3 is still on fire. Inside a wooden pub. A pub that is currently covered in a foul cocktail of spilt booze, not to mention the ages of wine, mead, glog, and all manner of 'hols soaked into the floor boards.

It is at this very moment that the ever encroaching puddle of alcoholic mix reaches the burning bow. A chill runs down your spines as it immediately bursts into flame, spreading through the very floor boards, over tables and chairs. Directly into what must be a store room, full of tankards of drink, likely all tapped by the vikings in need of liquid courage.

I'd recommend running.

Teddy
2014-04-08, 10:49 AM
Suddenly seeing the fire take hold, Mimmi instinctively takes a step back.

Fire! Get out!

Turning to run herself, Mimmi sees the Vikings trapped under the chandelier and the Druids knocked out cold by the wall. They wouldn't stand a chance against the fire, a fire she'd started, and now they would die because of her.

I-I must save them.

Mimmi turns back toward the room. Calling upon all the power she can muster, she surrounds herself with spiraling runes, burning brilliantly with frosty vapors.

Snö!

From her runes rises a frozen wind, rolling into the shape of a huge, misty dragon. The serpent lunges across the room, throwing itself straight into the heart of the fire, enclosing it in a mind-numbing cold in a desperate effort to stop and quench its rampant flames.

Sorcery check, pouring every magic point she has into it.
Magic: [roll2]
AV: 15+7=22

Total: 23

Amidus Drexel
2014-04-09, 12:08 PM
Yuri runs out of the bar as fast as he can.

Good riddance.

Coidzor
2014-04-11, 06:26 PM
Macky leaps forward and grabs 4 of the rabble of vikings.

"You, You, You, and You. Grab your friends under the chandelier when I lift it and GEDDOUDAHERE!"

Macky then plunges through and takes a wide stance, encircling his arms to take hold of the chandelier in each massive paw, bending at the knees and then lifting up with a massive shout.

Intimidate
AV 11
Result: 8

Strength
AV 11
Fortune: [roll2]
Positive: [roll3]
Negative: [roll4]
Result: 14

Blue Ghost
2014-04-11, 10:32 PM
There's no time! We have to get out of here!

Daniel runs out of the bar after Yuri, beckoning for the others to follow.

LaZodiac
2014-04-11, 10:41 PM
Daniel, you barely make it out due to delaying to talk. However, you don't get caught in what happens because a big burly chest pushes you out.

Outside the burning pub is Yuri, Daniel, and Thor. Almost immediately after they take a glance at the pub, it explodes, erupting into a huge fireball, a pillar of flame. However...the explosion suddenly stops. Not stops as in vanishes, but stops as in it freezes in place. The dark red and blackness of the explosion slowly fades, becoming white and blue, and crystalizes, as if it was being frozen. Once it stops, the pub looks like some gigantic pillar of spiked ice. You stand in awe, the very air chilled where it was once burning hot.

You hear the sound of smashing, and the door collapses into ice. For a brief second, the shadow you see is that of a monstrous giant of ice, carrying a huge pack of weapons. However, as he steps out of the bar, icy mist pooling around him, you see it's just Seamus! The blood from his minor wound has dried to his face, giving him a sort of wild look, and ice crystals linger in his hair, sparkling. On one shoulder is Mimmi, who's unconcious, her hands covered in ice crystals and sparking slightly. On his other is a chain of dudes, all frozen together by icy, serpentine chains.

Coidzor
2014-04-12, 12:33 AM
Seamus shakes his mane as he walks towards the crowd, sending a cascade of shimmering ice crystals down his back and behind him.

"Well. That was cool."

Turning towards Thor, he sets the chill dudes down together in a pile a short distance away from the burly man.

"I think your buddies might need some help warming up, they took chilling out a bit too literally."

With a shrug and a nod, he turns back towards Daniel and Yuri, reaching up to undo his coat from around his neck and half shrugging out of it before shifting Mimmi to cradle her in front of him.

"I'm gonna need your coats or something to get her legs elevated unless you have some kind of mystical mojo that'll help here, Danny boy. I don't know what's up with her hands, but that can't be good. Neither of you would happen to know CPR or anything, would ya?"

Laying his coat's remains frost-side down, he lays Mimmi down on top of it on the nearest softish ground at hand and then remembers to check if she's breathing. Seeing that she is, he stands up and wanders over to the car to check the trunk for a blanket or some other suitable covering to put on top of her.

LaZodiac
2014-04-12, 12:37 AM
You're able to find a blanket in the car you absconded from Judge Sandra. They're silky white and pretty. Thor laughs at your comment by the way, and says "Mighty fine fighting you lot put in. Once your girly here warms up, I'll take yah to meet Odin. Least I can do to repay yah."

Amidus Drexel
2014-04-12, 07:04 PM
Yuri shakes his head. "I was never any good at healing people. I was trained to make 'em go down and stay down, not pick them up and dust them off."

At Thor's mention of Odin, Yuri visibly twitches, and then clenches his fists. "Very well, then."

I will find out what is going on here...

Blue Ghost
2014-04-13, 01:35 PM
Daniel shakes his head. I was trained for fighting, not for healing.

He casts his gaze on Mimmi's unconscious form, murmuring to himself. Cornucopia. So that's how she does it...

He draws his divination circle with his sword, and asks his query. How soon will Mimmi recover?

LaZodiac
2014-04-13, 01:42 PM
The follow symbol appears in front of Daniel, hovering a little over Mimmi.

Daniel, this symbol is Lin, Approach, "soon arriving". It feels like it is an appropriate fortune, since at that very moment Mimmi wakes up.

Mimmi, you wake up covered by Seamu's tattered jacket and a pretty silk blanket, in the middle of the road. Everyone is standing around you. All you can remember is casting the spell, then everything goes white. As you move you (and everyone else) hears the clinking of wind chimes, and you notice it's coming from the crystals of ice coming from your arms.

Teddy
2014-04-13, 01:51 PM
Mimmi looks around herself, barely managing to move her head. She then speaks up with a thin voice.

Did they make it?

Coidzor
2014-04-13, 11:07 PM
"Yeah, we made it, they made it, and now their friend is going to take us to go see Papa Odins. When you're feeling up to it, of course. Seemed to take a lot out of you... whatever it was that you did there with making frozen flames and explosions."

Teddy
2014-04-14, 04:17 AM
Good.

Mimmi shivers, and tries to lift her hands under the blanket.

E-Eld...?

When nothing happens, she lets her arms fall back down to the ground again, making a slight clatter as ice crystals are crushed against it.

I'm... c-cold.

Amidus Drexel
2014-04-14, 12:09 PM
Yuri glances at Mimmi, then at the rest of the group. He quietly walks over to his car and returns with a small metal flask and a thick wool coat.

He tosses her the coat. "My father's remedy for the cold. You can keep it."

Teddy
2014-04-14, 06:57 PM
Mimmi lifts a corner of the blanket to reveal its inner side dotted with small ice crystals.

I think you m-missunderstood me. I-I'm cold.

Blue Ghost
2014-04-14, 07:23 PM
Your mana is exhausted. You exerted a tremendous amount of magical power there. ... I've never seen someone with so much raw power... Be careful.

Lie huo.

Daniel points at the ground, causing a small fire to spring up before Mimmi.

Teddy
2014-04-15, 04:11 AM
Th-thanks.

Mimmi puts her hands into the flames, slowly starting to thaw the ice surrounding them.

LaZodiac
2014-04-15, 08:15 AM
Mimmi, the fire does make you warmer, and feel better, but the ice hanging from your arms doesn't seem to be melting. Also, for reference, they're around the half the size of pop cans.

Teddy
2014-04-15, 10:19 AM
Feeling the strength starting to return to her body, Mimmi sists up. She almost embraces the fire to further drive out the cold.

Thanks.

Soon starting to feel better, Mimmi raises her arms, just to cause the ice crystals to chime together again. At first, she looks almost startled to notice them, but she quickly gathers herself, studying them with increasing curiousity.

Info/Occult check

LaZodiac
2014-04-15, 10:23 AM
Mimmi, you have no idea what this is. The best guess you've got is that it's a side effect from draining your magic so fantastically.

Meanwhile, Thor laughs, apparently amused by her chiming "Ah, I see you're up and about. Shall we go to see Odin then?" he says, voice gruff, but without much anger behind it. An oddity, this entire time Thor has not seemed all together angry, mad, or even annoyed, despite the fact that his pub exploded.

Teddy
2014-04-15, 10:30 AM
Mimmi manages to, with some effort, get on her feet. She looks a bit shaky at first, but soon regains her balance as the blood starts flowing.

Yes, let's go.

Coidzor
2014-04-16, 11:27 AM
"So are we walking, are we driving, and will those weird crystal things on Mimmi's arms present a difficulty or is it just more magic weirdness like getting toad warts or whatever?"

Macky holds his chin in one hand as he stoops in to look at the strange crystalline structures, eventually reaching out to flick at one to see what happens.

"Or maybe these are just some kind of strange set of wind chimes..."

LaZodiac
2014-04-16, 11:30 AM
"I'd recommend driving. I doubt you'd be able to keep pace with me normally." Thor comments, laughing. He then draws out his hammer, grabbing it by the small strap on the handle, and begins swinging it above his head! For a second, a huge gust of wind swirls around you all, until finally he appears to throw the hammer, and flying off with it. I'd say now's a good time to get in the car and drive after him.

Teddy
2014-04-16, 03:22 PM
Mimmi takes a few lumbering steps before she gets her speed up, then runs toward the nearest of the two cars.

Coidzor
2014-04-16, 06:00 PM
Macky watches Mimmi for a moment as she gets going and then shrugs, grabbing his stuff off the ground before hustling to and into "his" car and starting it.

"Beep beep time, ladies and gentleman!"

Amidus Drexel
2014-04-17, 12:55 PM
Yuri runs back to his car and starts it. He waits until everyone is in one of the cars, then takes off after Thor.

Blue Ghost
2014-04-17, 05:24 PM
Daniel follows after Mimmi and gets in the car with her.

LaZodiac
2014-04-18, 04:44 PM
Okay! Our heroes drive off after Thor. It's not that hard, even though he escapes from view a few times, the impacts of his hammer tosses more then make up for it. It takes ten or so minutes, and it's clear from the drive that this area is firmly controlled by Odin and his forces. Pillaging and bloodshed can be seen for miles, burnt out suburbia and splattered remains of demons everywhere. However, there are no human corpses. Eventually, you end up at the Patrick J. Ryan park. Originally just a...for lack of a better term, square of grass and tree's, it's clearly gotten some...renovations.

Flat bead trucks and beat up cars litter the area, used as makeshift platforms for people to relax on or store things on. You smell the burning char of barbeque, heady aroma of mead, and the faint stench of blood. It's like a red neck jamboree, only they're armed to the teeth with swords and axes and bows. There are even women here, decked out much like the men, though a few of them are clearly more refined, and resemble the Valkyrie's you met previously. In the middle of the stage, sitting on a throne, two crows on his shoulder, is Odin. Thor is on the stage and talking with him. You don't see any sign of the other person who was on stage with Odin, but the area is rather crowded so that's understandable.

Teddy
2014-04-18, 05:39 PM
Mimmi mutters as she gets out of the car, overlooking the park.

Great, m-more crowds.

She then focuses her eyes on Odin and Thor and nods toward their direction, waiting for someone to lead the way.

Amidus Drexel
2014-04-19, 02:08 PM
Yuri walks up to the stage purposefully. He holds Vulcan's rifle casually, but a trained eye could see that he's ready to pull the trigger at any second. The corners of his lips are pulled back in a furious scowl, and he impatiently drums his fingers on the rifle's barrel.

A few of his mother's words of wisdom echo back to him, though, and he stops in front of the stage. ...Pit your enemies against one another, Yuri... when they are weakened, you can cut them all down at once...

Yuri sighs, and puts his rifle away, then climbs the stairs and stands in front of the two Norse gods.
You always did have good advice, mother... Let's see what I can do with this...

He addresses Odin as pleasantly as he can manage. "So... Odin, huh? I saw your mob and your chopping block this morning... it seems that both of us have some problems with the Asura. I don't suppose you'd be amenable to an alliance of sorts, at the very least until we have that cult thoroughly dealt with? You've certainly got some formidable fighters in your employ... speaking of which, where's that executioner I saw with you earlier? I can't seem to pick him out anywhere in the crowd. What say you?"

LaZodiac
2014-04-19, 02:24 PM
Thor throws up his hands as Yuri approaches "Ah, Allfather, those men I told you of have arrived!"

Odin gives Yuri a smile "You saw it, did you? With that eye of yours?" he gestures toward the sniper rifle "Clever, a man after my own heart it seems." his voice is old and sagely, but with a clear power to it. It matches his appearance perfectly. "Sadly, I doubt our alliance would do much good, at least in the terms you've suggested. The Asura are dead. It is known...though his killers are not." He scritchs one of his ravens under the chin "Though I think that will not be for long."

Annoyingly, and to you Yuri perhaps intentionally so, he ignores the question of the executioner for the time being.

Teddy
2014-04-20, 02:03 PM
Mimmi emerges behind Yuri, greatly relieved to be out of the crowd even if it's at the centre of attention.

Perhaps an alliance still isn't out of the question. Tell me, what are y-your goal in this War of Domination?

LaZodiac
2014-04-20, 02:26 PM
"To win." Odin answers, letting the answer hang long enough for it to be annoyingly vague before continuing "We do not have any particular desires at the moment, we seek only to enjoy the fighting."

Teddy
2014-04-20, 04:17 PM
Well you won't run out of that anytime soon, it seems.

LaZodiac
2014-04-21, 11:55 PM
Thor lifts his hammer high and laughs "As it should be! Now let us make merry, while we wait for our Valkyrie's to return with the day's gathering!"

Coidzor
2014-04-25, 02:44 PM
"This is just a guess, but they're not gathering food, are they? And unlike the rest of the city, while there's plenty of dead demons there don't seem to be any human remains about the place at all. Makes a man stop and think about it for a second. Ah well."

Macky stretches his arms above his head and then lowers them slowly out to the side and then down again to his sides.

"I suppose we'll talk later, but we do have an awful tendency of finding fights even when we're looking for something else. Might be relevant to your interests."

He nods at Odin and then turns back to Thor.

"So, Merry, you say?"

LaZodiac
2014-04-25, 02:58 PM
Odin smirks "I'll keep that in mind, ogre."

Thor jumps down from the stage (which rises up a foot due to the weight being lifted from it) and captures Seamus in a bear hug! "Yes! It's been many a century since I had a fight with one such as you! Let us drink mead and eat roast boar until we collapse, wake up, fight, and do so again!"

Amidus Drexel
2014-04-26, 01:40 AM
Yuri clenches his fists and steps down off the stage. I can deal with him later. I've waited four years; what's another day or two?

Yuri sighs, then begins to look for the executioner he saw earlier. He asks everyone he sees if they've seen the man who was executing the Asura earlier, starting with the closest vikings. "Hey, I'm looking for that kid Odin had offing those Asura people earlier today? Do you know where he went?"

LaZodiac
2014-04-26, 11:03 AM
Yuri, after looking and asking around, you're able to find someone who gives an at least comprehensible answer to your question. A stout man in a hunter's cloak says that "Ah, the kid...oh, you mean that guy. Yeah, he's out rootin' around for more Asura. Tireless worker he is."

Teddy
2014-04-26, 11:27 AM
Not seeing anyone else to talk or stay close to, Mimmi sits down on the edge of the stage to inspect her wounds and contemplate Odin's words. Is the Norse pantheon only in this for the fighting, or did Odin seem to hide an agenda behind his words?

Police check
AV: 11

Total: 7

LaZodiac
2014-04-26, 11:31 AM
Mimmi, you recall that though Odin is wise, the end goal has always been preparing for Ragnarok. It's possible that this is what he could be working towards.

As for your wounds, they seem alright. You're still hurt, but the bleeding's stopped. What is odd though is that the ice crystals still haven't melted.

Also Mimmi, I'd like you to give a perception check please.

Teddy
2014-04-26, 11:36 AM
Perception check

Total: 10

LaZodiac
2014-04-26, 11:39 AM
Mimmi, you look down and notice, though with some difficulty, a l hand reaching out from under the stage, about to grab one of the ice crystals on your arm. You can't see who owns the hand, but you'd guess they're around ten or so judging from how the arm looks. You're pretty sure whoever it is hasn't noticed you've noticed, and looking at it you're fairly certain you could fit under the stage as well.

Teddy
2014-04-26, 11:45 AM
Mimmi swiftly looks around herself to see if she's observed, then leans down to look under the stage while she tries to put on a smile, determined to surprise rather than be taken by it.

H-Hi!

LaZodiac
2014-04-26, 11:52 AM
Underneath the stage, Mimmi, you see a young girl, ten or so year old. She's got a cute, Norse style dress, and well kept long black hair. She jumps when you say hi, and she bonks her head against the stage. "Ow ow ow...I'm sorry lady."

Teddy
2014-04-26, 12:08 PM
Mimmi smiles an upside-down smile, then jumps off the stage to put her eyes on the same level as the girl.

What's y-your name?

LaZodiac
2014-04-26, 12:10 PM
"I'm Sigyn. Who're you? Why do you have crystals?" the little girl asks, quickly getting over the pain and surprise as children are want to do.

Teddy
2014-04-26, 12:14 PM
I'm Mimmi. I... froze a fire.

Mimmi looks deeper down below the stage.

What are you doing in here?

LaZodiac
2014-04-26, 02:10 PM
"Just playin'. Dad said I should stay under here cause he'll know I'm safe. Dad's got an eyepatch!"

Amidus Drexel
2014-04-26, 02:17 PM
Yuri glares at the huntsman, then shakes his head. "Tell me if you see him come back. I want to talk to him."

LaZodiac
2014-04-26, 02:19 PM
"Aye, I will. Good luck though, most popular guy here. Even the valkyrie's respect him."

Teddy
2014-04-26, 02:25 PM
An eyepatch? Could this be Odin's daughter?

Info/Occult check

Total: 16

LaZodiac
2014-04-26, 02:30 PM
You're not sure. On the one hand, officially, only Thor, Balder, and Vali are known as Sons of Odin, but giving the tastes of Gods throughout mythology, you're fairly certain it's not impossible. What's interesting is that the name she gave you is the name of Loki's wife.

Teddy
2014-04-26, 02:43 PM
Mimmi crawls in under the stage beside Sigyn.

What are you playing?

LaZodiac
2014-04-26, 02:52 PM
As you get closer, you notice Sigyn's got marks on her mouth that look like vertical scars. She smiles "I'm pretendin' to be a farmer. Wish I had some real apples though!" she laughs a little, and you can see that she's been digging in the ground.

Teddy
2014-04-26, 03:08 PM
Vertical scars? Do you mean as if her mouth once was stitched together, or...? http://i.imgur.com/kavzNLd.png

LaZodiac
2014-04-26, 06:55 PM
(took me two hours of gutzing around with the internet at the bar to answer this)

Yes, like that.

Blue Ghost
2014-04-27, 01:17 AM
Daniel, who has been staying with Mimmi, eyes the child suspiciously. One can never be too paranoid in an age of demons.

Info: Occult
Base: 11
Total: 10

LaZodiac
2014-04-27, 01:19 AM
From what you can tell Daniel, she's not lying. She clearly IS a demon, but she seems to just be around ten years old. A small child demon.

Teddy
2014-04-27, 01:34 AM
You want to be an apple farmer?

Fix-It check to see if Mimmi took an apple with her from the feast to snack on later
AV: 9

LaZodiac
2014-04-27, 01:38 AM
Unfortunately, you don't recall any apples from the feast. Far too focused on the meat and cheeses, it was.

Sigyn smiles and nods "Yup! I think the Wes...Wes...Wesedmonton Mall has the ones I want. If you go there, could you get me one?"

Obviously, you being from Edmonton, can tell she's talking about West Edmonton Mall, the super center in the city that is one of the largest in the world!

Teddy
2014-04-27, 01:46 AM
Ohh, they probably have many kinds of apples there. How do the ones you want look?

LaZodiac
2014-04-27, 01:48 AM
"Like apples" she answers, and for a moment you recognize that sharp, if annoying, wit that Odin seemed to have been employing. She then adds "They've got a little sticker on em. Looks like a diamond, which is why I wanted to see your crystal cause it looks like the sticker!"

Though clearly, as a child, she slips from it far easier then Odin would.

Teddy
2014-04-27, 01:56 AM
Okay, when we go to West Edmonton Mall, I'll see if I can find you an apple.

Info/Occult check to tell of any strange things you could do with an apple (only as a safeguard from the obvious)

LaZodiac
2014-04-27, 01:59 AM
Apples show up in a lot of mythologies, be it incorrectly used or otherwise. You can think of a few strange uses for it, but nothing you'd expect a ten year old to do (or so you'd hope). The one that stands out the most is Eris' Apple of Discord, which caused some in fighting between the Greek pantheon for awhile. Eris threw an apple into the room with "to the fairest" written on it. What you'd expect to happen happens. Mortals get screwed over. The usual.

"Thank you lady! Have fun!" Sigyn says, and she smiles wide.

From above you on the stage Mimmi, you can hear the low chuckle of Odin. It seems he was watching, or at least listening. You also notice that Daniel was watching as well.

Teddy
2014-04-28, 12:50 PM
Mimmi crawls out from under the stage and stands up, and turning around to rest her arms in cross on its edge. Without saying anything, she looks at Odin with a curious face.

LaZodiac
2014-04-28, 01:12 PM
Odin gives a smile that seems to fit oddly on his gruff, aged face. However, before he can say anything, you all hear the sounds of jet engines above you! Looking up, you see the valkyries from before flying by on their horses, rounding the sky before touching down on the stage with a cloppity clop of horse hooves. Large sacks are loaded up on some of the horses. However, one of the valkryie is not on a horse and is much more extravagantly armoured and armed (http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130620035229/pad/images/e/e4/Pet694.png). She appearas to have been flying under her own power, the robed parts of her armour becoming like wings. She gives Odin a salute, and the other valkyrie's follow suit "Valkyrie Hertha, Captain of Solveig Squad, reporting in! Einherjar and Drauger have been collected as ordered, sir! In addition, I..." she begins, before looking down and seeing Mimmi "...Sir, it appears that the mortals who where looking for you have found you. I apologize that my valkyrie's where bypassed so easily!" she then quickly scowls towards one valkyrie in particular, who does the sort of "don't look at me" hand gesture people sometimes do.

Teddy
2014-04-28, 05:17 PM
Still hanging with her arms crossed on the stage, Mimmi opens her eyes wide open in sudden realisation. She drops her brow into her palm and lays her gaze on Odin with her only uncovered eye, mumbling in Swedish.

Naturligtvis, jag borde ha väntat mig det här.

Coidzor
2014-05-01, 02:42 PM
Macky looks up from his half-eaten boar's leg as the Valkyrie's approach. Seeing who it is, Macky nudges Thor with his elbow.

"Hey, look, it's those silly women who told us to find you after they wanted to tie me down and have their way with me."

He half-raises himself up and waves with the boar's leg at the Valkyries, calling out to them.

"Hello, Ladies! Find any 12 story tall monsters made out of Ice and Snow?"

Macky begins to guffaw before devolving into a low rumbling chortle before he resumes tearing strips of boarflesh off the bone with his teeth and washing it down with who even knows what.

LaZodiac
2014-05-01, 05:53 PM
On the stage, you see the valkyrie's all take a noticeable step away from Hertha, and it's clear to everyone that Seamus' comment has stricken a nerve. However, Odin speaks up "Pay them no mind Hertha, they are guests. In fact, I feel I may of invited them due to our little show. Now, continue with the report."

Hertha loses the salute, and says "Y-yes, Allfather. The Enherjar and Duerger collection went off with a hitch. All four Duergar have been obtained, as ordered and expected, though only three of the Einherjar where suitable for the task."

Amidus Drexel
2014-05-01, 05:58 PM
Yuri raises an eyebrow and glances at Daniel. "What the hell are those Valkyries going on about?"

Blue Ghost
2014-05-01, 06:15 PM
Daniel shoots a glare at Seamus before replying.

Info Occult:

Result: 10

LaZodiac
2014-05-01, 06:20 PM
Daniel, thinking on it, you recall something! Einherjar are the souls of dead warriors, the honourable dead, brought in by Valkyrie's to Valhalla! You don't have any idea what the Duergar are, though you swear you recall the name.

Blue Ghost
2014-05-01, 06:24 PM
Daniel whispers to Yuri, It sounds like they're collecting the souls of the dead to build an army. I don't like the sound of this.

Amidus Drexel
2014-05-01, 10:49 PM
Yuri sighs. "My day's just getting better and better." He pulls out the metal flask he had earlier and takes a long swig. "I'm not going to need silver bullets or any crap like that for this, am I?"

Coidzor
2014-05-02, 12:33 AM
Macky's laughing face settles into an extra-wide smile as he sees the reaction to his little joke, his sides still visibly shaking from laughter, but the sound having subsided to a rumble in the back of his throat. His face flushed through the layer of stubble on his cheeks.

"So, I guess I know who the Fun Police around here is now, eh?"

Macky downs another mug, having finally mastered doing it in one go, becoming visibly pinker with every swallow.

"Man, this stuff is niiiiiiice. Warm too, I might haveta take off m'shirt... Mimmi should try some of this, take care of all of that ice right quick I bet."

Remembering his hunger and his porcine leg, Macky tears off another bite while scanning for wherever he'd misplaced Mimmi.

LaZodiac
2014-05-02, 08:25 AM
Seamus, Mimmi is next to the stage, arms crossed and resting on the stage. She appears to be face palming. Thor laughs, and whispers to Seamus "Aye, aye. Hertha's always business."

"As for the collection process, during it two..." she stumbles, hearing Seamus' shout, and clearly losing her cool more. She manages to continue "Two mortal vehicles engaged us. Thinking one of them was an Ice Giant, they approached with caution, a-and after a brief discussion, learned they where simple humans, nothing more, that had a reason to meet you." She pauses to take a deep breath, to try and compose herself.

I'll note that Odin looks quite amused.

Teddy
2014-05-02, 11:05 AM
Mimmi decides that a drunk Seamus scores pretty low of the things she wants to be around right now, and ducks out of sight to contemplate on the Duergar instead.

Info/Occult check

LaZodiac
2014-05-02, 11:52 AM
First of all, you recall that the DM is an idiot and she meant Draugar, not Duerger.

Secondly, you recall what they are quite easily! They are, for lack of a better term, viking zombies.

Coidzor
2014-05-05, 04:39 PM
"Oh, there she goes again. I wonder what's so interesting..."

Seeing Mimmi duck away, Macky turns back to Thor

"An Ice Queen looking for an Ice Giant. Sounds like a match made in heaven. I don't envy those three she found suitable. Then again, maybe I do, if it takes three to satisfy her."

Hearing Hertha talk about their invitation slowly causes a synapse to fire, leading to Macky to stop for a moment and rub at his cheek where stubble is becoming light beard.

"Oh, right, I don't suppose you know that executioner guy? Has a big ol' pigsticker and a scar for a face. Only he's a big reason I'm here right now instead of headbutting some Oni in the face, whatever they are. Seems more fun than playing with those Ringy Thingies... Shadows, just all ichor and gore. Nasty things. Made out of people, only not like a Frankenstein or a zombie, but like, the inside stuff. Not the brains though. Dumber than a bag of socks. Err, box of rocks."

Macky pauses to quaff a bit, this time managing to get more on his face than in his mouth, and tears another bite out of the leg o' boar.

"Not that I mind eating instead of being up to me arms in some monster or another."

LaZodiac
2014-05-05, 04:55 PM
"Will you cease with your interruptions! I am trying to-" Hertha begins to say, turning back to look at Seamus. However, at that moment, you all hear the sound of a horn, though it's clear whoever is blowing it is weak. Looking to the sky you see another valkyrie, limping through the sky. It lands, and you all get a clear look at it. The horse is heavily wounded, arrows and bullet wounds covering it. The valkyrie is in worse shape, heavy wounds from both sword, arrow, and gun. In one hand is a horn, in the other is...well, nothing, as her other arm is gone. Blood drips from her mouth, and sprays as she shouts, saluting "ALLFATHER! The Axe Dragon has been captured, along with Valkyrie Olga! To...to the north! My apologies..." and with that, she pitches forward, slumping into the mane of her horse.

Amidus Drexel
2014-05-05, 10:58 PM
Yuri mutters, "Oh, good, I've been itching to shoot something all day."

He shouts at the Valkyrie, "Captured by whom? And how quickly can we get to them?"

LaZodiac
2014-05-05, 11:12 PM
Hertha stares daggers into Yuri "Stay out of mortal. This is our problem." she then turns to Odin "Allfather, I am sorry, but the report will have to wait until we've returned with my- with Olga and the Axe Dragon." She'll then whistle, and her valkyrie's crack the reins of their horses and fly off into the sky, Hertha's cloak turning into wings and soaring into the air after them, headed north ward.

For a brief moment everyone is silent, before going back to the feasting, slightly less joyful then before but still obviously enjoying themselves. All but Odin. He seemingly looks to you four, almost as if he's expecting something. You can see the faintest hints of a smile cross his lips, in an infuriating manner.

Yuri, you're pretty sure you could follow where they're going if you chased after them, if you're curious.

Blue Ghost
2014-05-06, 12:05 AM
Daniel, who had been tensed, relaxes a little as Hertha and the Valkyries depart.

Knowledge Occult on the Axe Dragon:

LaZodiac
2014-05-06, 12:06 AM
You've genuinely never heard of it before. You have NO idea.

Teddy
2014-05-06, 05:14 PM
Mimmi looks between the injured valkyrie and her own hands with a distressed face, reiterating her words in her head.

Info/Occult check

LaZodiac
2014-05-06, 05:15 PM
Mimmi, you as well know nothing of the Axe Dragon. It's something you've never heard of.

Teddy
2014-05-06, 05:21 PM
Mimmi decides that she's had enough trying to hide in the twilight zone between overcrowded parties and creepy shapeshifters while helplessly watching the valkyrie bleed to death, and decides that if anything is better than here, she might as well make it so she gets there. She jumps up the stage and walks up next to Odin, turning her head to look him directly in the eyes.

Well?

LaZodiac
2014-05-06, 05:30 PM
"You heard her, I'm sure. It is an affair of the Aesir. But I won't stop you." Odin then gestures towards the valkyrie "And if she is your concern, she'll be fine in the morning. Valkyrie's are ever lasting, so long as the Einherjar still serve them. And I appreciate your bravery to stand up on this stage."

Odin's words ring true to you, as a quick look shows the valkyrie is not dying, that you can tell.

Teddy
2014-05-06, 05:50 PM
Mimmi keeps looking at Odin, almost as if she's expecting something.

Police check to tell if there's something he's not saying
AV: 11

Total: 9

LaZodiac
2014-05-06, 05:52 PM
You're not sure Mimmi, but it seems like Odin is too proud to ask for assistance.

Coidzor
2014-05-06, 06:00 PM
"Wait. You guys have a dragon? That's... Awesome!"

Macky stands up, dropping his half-consumed boar's leg and slamming his mug down, splashing dramatically.

"I must ride this dragon. Maybe it can even fly! Ooo, can it fly?"

Not waiting for a reply, Macky tromps off towards the rest of the group, clapping his hands together loudly and rubbing them together as he grins.

"So what are we waiting for? Let's go get us a dragon! With any luck we can fly back in style."

Teddy
2014-05-06, 06:07 PM
Mimmi keeps up the conversation hoping she won't remember she's standing at the obvious spot of attention in the middle of the park.

What is the Axe Dragon?

LaZodiac
2014-05-06, 06:09 PM
"He is our executioner. One of yours wanted to find him, it seems." Odin answers simply. Mimmi, you're starting to realize that Odin is kind of an awful person, and clearly trying to use his silence to get more out of you then you out of him.

Teddy
2014-05-06, 06:13 PM
Mimmi glances out across the sea of people and decides Odin is still the best option right now.

And who would have captured them?

LaZodiac
2014-05-06, 06:20 PM
"To the north are the Kami. It is likely their doing." Odin answers.

Upon hearing that, Seamus, your sword opens up his eye and skitters around on your shoulder.

Teddy
2014-05-06, 06:23 PM
Info/Occult check to tell who the Kami are

LaZodiac
2014-05-06, 06:25 PM
From what you recall, they are from the Japanese mythology. Kami means "god" or "spirit" and encompasses all the Japanese gods.

Coidzor
2014-05-06, 06:29 PM
Macky visibly deflates when he hears that the dragon is not actually a dragon.

"Oh. That's. Less exciting. Darn. Now where am I going to go to ride a dragon?"

He pouts for a moment, snapping his fingers.

"But I guess someone's got us right where they want us, since we were looking for that guy in the first place."

When Ni-gumo starts freaking out on his shoulders, he yelps and tries to calm the blade without getting accidentally stabbed by it in its fits of excitement.

"Yeesh, what are these Kami? And why are they freaking you out, boy?" Addressing the group and then his blade respectively.

LaZodiac
2014-05-06, 06:31 PM
Odin doesn't say anything, but Nihonto-gumo clacks and clicks up a storm. Seamus you barely understand it's sword speech, but you can tell at least that he knows who they are, and wants to go to them.

Coidzor
2014-05-06, 06:47 PM
Macky soothingly strokes the sword, scritching underneath the tsuba guard as if it were a chin of a cat or dog.

"Well, ok, I get that *you* know what they are and why they are, but they just sound like an old green slugman from an old Japanese show to me. Don't worry, we'll go and see them, that's pretty much a given at this point. Just remember if any of them look at you funny I'll deck them in the schnoz. Who's a good sword? You're a good sword."

Turning his attention back towards the others while continuing to scritch the sword, Macky surveys those present, his face set.

"Well, I guess we'll find out where the beef is when we get there then."

Amidus Drexel
2014-05-06, 09:42 PM
Yuri's eyes follow the Valkyries as they leave, then he turns to Odin. "Indeed I am."

'Axe Dragon', huh? This I need to see.

Yuri makes an "I'm watching you" gesture towards Odin, then turns around walks to his car. "Let's go save the princess, then. This suit's already ruined - how much worse can it get?" He chuckles, then gets in and starts the car.

Teddy
2014-05-07, 02:25 AM
Mimmi finally gets hit by the delayed self-consciousness, and throwing a quick glance across the park, she makes no new delay in following Yuri to his car, shouting out to Macky at the same time.

Y-you're right in that they're Japanese. The Japanese, you c-could say.

Blue Ghost
2014-05-08, 02:58 AM
Daniel shrugs. I have no desire to be caught in a feud between demons, but if that's how we'll progress, then I'm for it.
He turns to follow Yuri as well.

Teddy
2014-05-08, 11:39 AM
Well in the car, Mimmi breathes a few heavy breaths before she turns to Daniel.

W-we can only save everyone from war by winning it, and to win it, we need more Domains. There are only to ways to accomplish that: through alliance or c-conquest. I p-prefer the route of least bloodshed.

Coidzor
2014-05-08, 11:43 AM
"THE Japanese, eh? At least we're too far inland for any tsunamis, I'm already wet enough as it is."

"Then we're agreed! Also... Shotgun!" Macky shouts as he rushes after the others to reach the front passenger door of Yuri's car.

"What, you didn't expect me to drink all that and drive?"

Teddy
2014-05-08, 01:55 PM
Mimmi suddenly remembers Yuri's bottle, sighs heavily and gets out of the car, beckoning for Seamus keys.

I-I'll take the other car.

Amidus Drexel
2014-05-08, 02:13 PM
Yuri raises an eyebrow, then shrugs. "Suit yourself, but try to keep up. We've got Valkyries to catch."

Coidzor
2014-05-09, 06:44 PM
Macky shrugs and tosses Mimmi the keys.

"Have fun, looks like you have a chance to ride shotgun too, Danny Boy. And without having to sit in my lap, either."

LaZodiac
2014-05-12, 11:26 AM
Okay! With Mimmi driving the Judge's vehicle with Daniel as her passenger, and Yuri driving Seamus, they head off to the north to where the Kami are said to be. As they leave the stench of booze and blood behind them, hope and dread fills their hearts. It's clear an alliance might be needed, but with the bruteish vikings and the stoney faced Odin, the prospects look grim. What will our heroes do? Stay tuned to find out, next time on Shin Megami Tensei FS!

Credits Theme: Salty Dog - Flogging Molly (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcLpNP8jwRo)

Everyone heals up if they where damaged! Additionally, everyone gets 10 EXP. Spend it how you wish :smalltongue:

--------------------

Last time on Shin Megami Tensei FS! After witnessing the public execution of the remnants of the Asura faction by the Norse gods, our heroes head off to investigate! The ensuing bar room brawl with Thor destroys the pub and outfits Mimmi with mysterious ice crystals, that even she doesn't know the origin of. Secrets are flying this way and that, as the hard faced Odin pulls our heroes along with his unending vagueness, and Mimmi converses with the strange child Sigyn. A sudden revelation forces our heroes ever forward, to the North, where the Kami roam. What mysterious beasts will they encounter? Will the secrets be revealed? Lets see!

Episode 9!

Opening Theme: [ambigious] (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YULmSeEq4Y)
(note, might be changing the opening theme to something else, all the non covers of this song got taken down and the Nightcore cover sucks and is also the best cover)

You all drive along the road, close to each other (but following the rules of the road). Progress is a little slow, as Mimmi isn't the best at driving, but it's manageable. After 7 minutes of driving you hit 156th Street, and clearly see that this area too has been hit quite hard. You're thankful that you've had no major issues while traveling, and you're even a little amused by the car damage next to an auto body repair shop.

However, as you pass Tile Town (a tile store, naturally), you all get this strange sense of vertigo, and feel as if the world is suddenly moving...slower. It passes, and you continue driving onward. Now'd be a good time to discuss amongst yourselves as you head for what seems like the most likely location, the Yellowhead Casino.

Teddy
2014-05-12, 01:10 PM
Mimmi never really got the entire way to her driving lessons, yet she manages to relax while keeping on the road. Passing through the ever-different magic fields, she feels the power seep back into her body, replenishing her energies. By the time she passes through the wall of vertigo, she's brimming with power, ready for anything.

Hawk's sight!

Mimmi looks back through the mirrors, observing the magical fields behind her.

LaZodiac
2014-05-12, 01:35 PM
Mimmi, the instant you turn on Hawk's Sight, you go nearly blind and start swerving. You're able to deactivate the spell quick enough to recover, but you've seen enough. Ever since passing the tile shop, you've entered a zone of complete magic. It's like you're inside a bubble of magic.

Yuri, you notice that Mimmi's started to swerve a little, though she is able to recover after a moment.

Coidzor
2014-05-12, 06:11 PM
"So either one of us developed bullet time powers, which is cool and you have to share how you did that if so; the Matrix just glitched up, or we passed through some kind of weird sci-fi technobabble in the space time kerfluffle."

Blue Ghost
2014-05-12, 09:07 PM
Well in the car, Mimmi breathes a few heavy breaths before she turns to Daniel.

W-we can only save everyone from war by winning it, and to win it, we need more Domains. There are only to ways to accomplish that: through alliance or c-conquest. I p-prefer the route of least bloodshed.

Daniel shakes his head. I wish it were that easy. Alliances with demons tend not to last; they're fickle and unpredictable. It might not be pleasant, but conquest is our only shot at victory.

Amidus Drexel
2014-05-12, 11:12 PM
"So either one of us developed bullet time powers, which is cool and you have to share how you did that if so; the Matrix just glitched up, or we passed through some kind of weird sci-fi technobabble in the space time kerfluffle."

"Yeah... whatever it was, it looked like it messed up Mimmi's driving. Look's like she's got it back together now, but she was all over the road a few seconds ago."

Yuri briefly looks up and thinks for a bit. "Granted, once you've got a vehicle swerving and the like, it's a bit hard to get it back on the road and going the right direction. The last time I had that sort of trouble was on this icy lake in Karelia. Now, if you think spinning out on a paved road is hard to recover from, imagine doing that on ice. These uh... agents were chasing me, and I had to run off the road to shake 'em. One moron followed me out onto the lake, but it was pretty clear he hadn't done much driving before. His comrade shot a bunch of holes in the ice, and they went under. They did manage to ding my car, but it's pretty cheap to get that stuff repaired, especially given what I was hau- I mean, the job I had at the time. Dangerous driving's got good pay in it." He sighs happily. "Ah, those were the days, though. Good times, good times..."

Teddy
2014-05-13, 05:32 PM
Whoa, magic!

Mimmi battles with the wheel, and when she finally regains control over the car, she proceeds to spend a good few seconds breathing out before she allows her thoughts to lift from the road again, focusing on the implications of what she just saw.

Info/Occult check to tell what could have created the bubble and how will it affect spellcasting

LaZodiac
2014-05-13, 06:08 PM
Whoa, magic!

Mimmi battles with the wheel, and when she finally regains control over the car, she proceeds to spend a good few seconds breathing out before she allows her thoughts to lift from the road again, focusing on the implications of what she just saw.

Info/Occult check to tell what could have created the bubble and how will it affect spellcasting

Mimmi, you're not sure what created the bubble of magic you've droven into, but you have a feeling it won't interfere with spell casting. Also, Daniel doesn't seem all that surprised by the feeling you got when you crossed into it.

Blue Ghost
2014-05-13, 11:03 PM
Daniel glances around, his eyes narrowing. We're in kami territory. Their magic is strong here. Be careful; there's no telling what might happen.

Teddy
2014-05-14, 01:06 PM
I can tell that!

Mimmi rubs her eyes.

LaZodiac
2014-05-16, 11:11 AM
Mimmi, after rubbing your eyes, you notice something. For a second you think you've gone mad, as dozens of umbrellas have suddenly appeared, of various shapes and sizes. They float in the sky, and looking closely you notice that each one has a cyclopian eye on it, in addition to a large, crescent mouth. Reaching out of the mouth, abnormally long, is a long slick tongue.

The only thing stopping you from thinking you've gone crazy is that they quickly prove their existence, as six of them furl up and dash at the car, denting the roof as they slam into it, before bouncing off and unfurling once more. Six others do the same to Yuri's car as well!

Teddy
2014-05-16, 02:51 PM
That d-didn't take long!

Mimmi slams the brakes and swerves, raising her right hand. Misty cold runes flare up around arm, materialising Snö by her side as she braces for battle.