PDA

View Full Version : Guessing Snarl Theory

Teapot Salty
2014-03-09, 12:44 AM
Hey guys. I'm rereading oots and I thought of something. Maybe the mitd is the snarl. The only evidence to really support it is that they never reveal him, and he is uber powerful. What do you guys think? And as always, go nuts.

FujinAkari
2014-03-09, 01:00 AM
Rich has confirmed that the MitD is NOT something that he created, but a creature that exists outside of OOTS. Therefore, the MitD can't be the Snarl.

Additionally, if the gates are holding the Snarl inside the rift, how the heck can the MitD be running about while the gates are still up? :)

Teapot Salty
2014-03-09, 01:08 AM
Additionally, if the gates are holding the Snarl inside the rift, how the heck can the MitD be running about while the gates are still up? :)

With all the shenanigans we've seen from the rifts, and the "other world" in them, I would be not at all surprised if things are not as they seem.

Dorsidwarf
2014-03-09, 02:39 AM
Whilst it's impossible for the MITD to actually 'be' the Snarl due to Word of Giant, it's not ruled out that there could be some sort of connection between the two. I remember there used to be a lot of theories about that based on the fact he can't see the Gates.

thereaper
2014-03-09, 03:28 AM
The MitD is not something Rich created for the strip. Given that he created the Snarl for the strip, it therefore follows that the MitD can't be related to the Snarl, because that would mean he would also have to be something that Rich created for the strip.

MagicalMeat
2014-03-09, 04:37 AM
Well, obviously, don't you see, I mean its so obvious: Rich didn't create the Snarl. I mean, the MitD has to be a character that Rich didn't create, and the MitD is the Snarl, therefore the Snarl is not a creature that Rich created.

But seriously, no. People in this universe have seen others of the MitD's type before, so it can't be that. It's obvious that the MitD is from modern Earth anyway :smalltongue:.

Jaxzan Proditor
2014-03-09, 06:48 AM
If you are interested in more about the MitD (and why it can't be the Snarl), I suggest you look at this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=293047).

Onyavar
2014-03-09, 06:38 PM
Well, obviously, don't you see, I mean its so obvious: Rich didn't create the Snarl. I mean, the MitD has to be a character that Rich didn't create, and the MitD is the Snarl, therefore the Snarl is not a creature that Rich created.

Huh. Sure, what if the Snarl is really some concept that a different author/group/content designer invented? Maybe in an exaggerated or adapted way, and we can't know yet because this involves details that aren't yet revealed? The epileptic trees are not what they seem to be yaddayadda and so on etc.
If only someone found a pre-existing concept similar to BOTH our snarl and our MitD both, and it would finally prove that popular pet theory. In your face, all you word of god lawyers who said "nuh-uh".

But seriously, no.

Awwwww.

Cavenskull
2014-03-10, 09:22 PM
The MitD is not something Rich created for the strip. Given that he created the Snarl for the strip, it therefore follows that the MitD can't be related to the Snarl, because that would mean he would also have to be something that Rich created for the strip.
Not necessarily true. The gods in the OOTS universe aren't original creations created specifically for the comic, yet they inadvertently created the Snarl, which was created specifically for the comic. For that matter, Rich has created a universe in which his original creations coexist with lots of pre-established creatures. There's no barrier that forcibly separates the two.

It's possible that the MitD could have been created somehow by the Snarl without the MitD sacrificing its status as a creature that already exists in other forms of fiction. It's also possible that maybe the MitD did something that actually helped cause the Snarl to take shape. Mind you, I don't consider either of these scenarios to be even remotely likely, but they still illustrate scenarios that allow the MitD to have ties to the Snarl.