PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other Wild Halflings

Teapot Salty
2014-03-09, 01:24 AM
Hey guys. I always liked the idea of a martial halfling. Problem is, that's not how you halfling, so I decided to try to put together a template for one that might work. Any edits would be much appreciated. NOTE: I really haven't thought much about religion or other things like that, only mechanics and the such. Only a little fluff

A breed of halflings that live in wild, untamed lands. Independent, wild and free. Some are vicious, some are calm, almost druid like. Some are even scholars.

Racial Traits:

Base Speed: 20 ft.

Size: Small

Bonuses: +2 dexterity -2 Charisma. Like other halflings, wild halflings are quick and agile, but there wild nature makes them stronger and less likable.

Halfling luck: +1 to all saving throws. Like their more tame brethren, wild halflings are uncannily good at avoiding danger.

Ferocity: +1 on all melee attack rolls. Wild lives has made these halflings vicious, and their ferocity makes them more likely to land an attack.

Hunters: +1 on all move silently checks. Wild halflings need to be quit to catch prey.

Wild Familiarity: +2 bonus on all knowledge (nature) checks. (I really shouldn't have to explain that)

Darkvision: 60 ft

Favored Class: Ranger

Anything I missed? What do you like? What don't you like? And as always, go nuts.

Erberor
2014-03-09, 06:01 PM
I think the darkvision doesn't quite fit in. Low light vision would work, but darkvision strikes me as something "reserved" for subterranean and strictly nocturnal creatures.

Otherwise, the move silently bonus should probably go up to +2, and you should consider swapping out the knowledge bonus for a survival one. I would advocate for giving them track as a bonus feat as well, but that might be a little much.

Other than that, it looks pretty good.

Teapot Salty
2014-03-09, 06:36 PM
I think the darkvision doesn't quite fit in. Low light vision would work, but darkvision strikes me as something "reserved" for subterranean and strictly nocturnal creatures.

Otherwise, the move silently bonus should probably go up to +2, and you should consider swapping out the knowledge bonus for a survival one. I would advocate for giving them track as a bonus feat as well, but that might be a little much.

Other than that, it looks pretty good.

That works pretty well, glad you like it.