PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Professional teleporter

Shinken
2014-03-09, 02:42 AM
Hey guys.
I'm bulding an NPC that teleports people to distant places as his profession. I want him to be as low level as possible, but I think the lowest I can get is 9th level. I think a Wizard (Conjuration->Teleportation) fits thematically, but what's really important is getting bonus to his caster level so that each teleport brings more people along with him.
Can you guys help me?

GoblinArchmage
2014-03-09, 02:54 AM
The Wayfarer Guide PrC from Complete Arcane might interest you, although it's 3.5, rather than PF.

docnessuno
2014-03-09, 03:25 AM
Sorcerer (Maestro bloodline) 10

Feats:
Spell focus (Conjuration)
Spell Specialization (Teleport)
Mage's Tattoo (Conjuration)
Tapestry Traveler

Item:
Ioun stone (Orange prism)
Crown of the Kobold King

Total: CL 18 for Teleport and cast Teleport as if one step more familiar with the destination.

Otherwise you could drop the Crown and go Wizard 9 for CL 15 teleport.

Shinken
2014-03-09, 03:45 AM
Sorcerer (Maestro bloodline) 10

Feats:
Spell focus (Conjuration)
Spell Specialization (Teleport)
Mage's Tattoo (Conjuration)
Tapestry Traveler

Item:
Ioun stone (Orange prism)
Crown of the Kobold King

Total: CL 18 for Teleport and cast Teleport as if one step more familiar with the destination.

Otherwise you could drop the Crown and go Wizard 9 for CL 15 teleport.

That's very helpful. Thanks!

Silva Stormrage
2014-03-09, 04:40 AM
Occultist from Radiance House (3rd party but good quality) might be a really good option.

If you are familiar with 3.5's binder it is essentially a pf port of the binding system. One spirit (Vestige from 3.5) http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/variant-magic-rules/binding-spirits/spirits/jayna-warlock can potentially give you at will teleport (If you roll high enough on the binding check and chose the void element). This would work really well for a professional teleporter. A good feat is flexible pactmaking. that allows you to essentially boost the duration of the pact to increase your binding check. Increase it high enough and you get a massive bonus (+10).

You would need to be level 11 to do this though.

grarrrg
2014-03-09, 11:37 AM
This doesn't help with Caster level any (makes it slightly worse actually), but it would help with spell slots.

Arcane Savant (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/other-paizo/a-b/pathfinder-savant)
At 2nd level you can add "any other spell to your list".
Add Summoner's Teleport.
It is now a 4th level spell for you.

3rd level (or higher as necessary) grab Summoner's Greater Teleport.
It is now a _5th_ level spell for you.

Arcane Savant does NOT progress Casting at 1st level, so the Magical Knack trait may be helpful.

Miss Disaster
2014-03-09, 01:28 PM
Your Teleporting NPC absolutely needs the Dimensional Jaunt reserve feat from Complete Mage (see pg. 41, I think).

Not only does it fit his schtick and profession thematically ... but it also allows him to do short-distance teleports every Standard Action.

As an additional bonus, he gets a +1 Competence Bonus to his Caster Level for casting [Teleportation] spells. Bingo!

TuggyNE
2014-03-09, 07:34 PM
Your Teleporting NPC absolutely needs the Dimensional Jaunt reserve feat from Complete Mage (see pg. 41, I think).

Assuming 3.5 material is allowed, yes.