PDA

View Full Version : A Dangerous Game!

Xar Zarath
2014-03-09, 07:49 AM
First off the title may be a bit misleading but here it goes...

The character im working on is a wizard lvl 13ish( though that may change soon) who's a blaster type kind of guy with heavy conjuration bent. I banned enchantment and evocation and so far so good. No familiar, some feats which are tailored to the character though.

The campaign has also 2 other players, one rogue and a bard. Both are halflings and im human(don't ask, it was funny at first and it stuck)

So the thing is, after a particularly nasty run-in in the generic city dungeon, my character attracted the notice of some an even nastier demon lord, due to us messing up some ritual or something like it...so some agents are sent against us, particularly me because I have to hold on to the MacGuffin for sometime, until we reach the next destination (dm intended this me thinks:smallredface:)

So now, my character is joined by a fighter(though not really I think) which is in fact a succubus sent by Grazz'zt to steal the artefact back to complete ritual etc. But then another succubus is also tagging along sent by Malcanthet to steal the artefact for her purposes, and another succubus is also tagging along sent by Demogorgon who also wants it.

The thing is, I don't know how to handle this serious predicament. So far my DM has been generous, I know of their true identities, in-game and OOC though the halflings are kept in the dark. My DM has also purposely kept their class levels hidden and doles some stuff they can do as needed.

The succubi are also aware of the others nature, and know its like a stalemate, though I doubt it will last forever, because we have to go Mount Doom and face a dragon, which can destroy the MacGuffin. I fear the worst may come though, so how do I balance this...situation?

Inevitability
2014-03-09, 08:11 AM
Is there any way to contact the dragon? If you're level 13, you should be able to cast sending. It's even from your specialized school.

Alternatively, can the bard unleash the mighty powers of diplomancy, in order to befriend one of the succubi?

I mean, you're a 13th level wizard. I bet there's some way to distract/defeat/flee from/befriend the succubi.

Dromuthra
2014-03-09, 08:26 AM
Preparing Banishment twice one day might be helpful. Alternatively, if they can't detect you, then I'd recommend just using Greater Teleport to leave them in the dust.

Vhaidara
2014-03-09, 08:27 AM
Don't make out with them. They may be hot, but that never ends well.

Alternatively, summon 3 incubi, and have them seduce the succubi, and run off while they're all distracted.

comicshorse
2014-03-09, 08:30 AM
Alternatively, summon 3 incubi, and have them seduce the succubi, and run off while they're all distracted.

Or find a way to record this and invent a whole new industry

Vhaidara
2014-03-09, 08:43 AM
Or find a way to record this and invent a whole new industry

Oh, and make sure to get a hair from each of them for future creation of Ice Assassins. Then Mindrape the Ice Assassins into serving you instead of assassinating the original, and boom, you have a cast that works for free.

The Insanity
2014-03-09, 08:47 AM
Kill them?

Vhaidara
2014-03-09, 08:53 AM
Kill them?

I'd normally agree with Insanity here, but succubi with class levels are terrifying. With a base Cha of 26, that means an 8th level succubus Sor casts 4th level spells with a save of 23, assuming no items or other DC boosters. Anything Cha based makes them a nightmare.

The Insanity
2014-03-09, 09:44 AM
I'd normally agree with Insanity here, but succubi with class levels are terrifying. With a base Cha of 26, that means an 8th level succubus Sor casts 4th level spells with a save of 23, assuming no items or other DC boosters. Anything Cha based makes them a nightmare.
No surprise, being a CR 15 opponent.

NoACWarrior
2014-03-10, 08:48 PM
Funny harem situation, all three girls want your MacGuffin in their possession.

But back to reality. If possible, and if the succubi don't have thought reading, make 3 more copies of the MacGuffin and bluff the heck out of the idea that one of them is the real one, and until you get to the mountain none of them will know who has the real one. While you do this, they will all have the fake ones, and the real one will be on your person. When getting to the mountain after a lot of roleplaying, you tell the succubi goodbye and willingly submerge yourself in the lava to destroy it. It sucks that you will die, but your mission will be completed. And maybe, just maybe, the Succubi will actually form a liking to you - with fun roleplaying occuring as a result.