PDA

View Full Version : Familiar Armor/feat questions

Captnq
2014-03-09, 03:12 PM
Not one familiar comes with armor that I have found so far. This means no familiars come with armor prof.

However animals are "Proficient with no armor unless trained for war"

Also undead "with simple weapon prof"
Outsiders, "Proficient with all simple and martial weapons and any weapons mentioned in its entry."
Elementals are, "Proficient with natural weapons only, unless generally humanoid in form, in which case proficient with all simple weapons and any weapons mentioned in its entry."

So:
1. How do I get armor on a familiar WITHOUT Psychic reformation/dark chaos feat shuffle
2. What does "trained for war" mean?'
3. Can I use the dark chaos feat shuffle to switch out Proficiency with All Simple and/or All Martial weapons for more useful feats?

Snowbluff
2014-03-09, 05:18 PM
What? Craft some unusual armor. Done.

Reread the non-proficiency penalties. You take to the ACP to attacks and such. Not a problem. Craft a suit with 0 ACP if this is really and issue. :smallcool:

TuggyNE
2014-03-09, 07:16 PM
2. What does "trained for war" mean?

Approximately: warhorse, warpony, riding dog, anything Handle Animal'd with Combat Riding or Fighting purposes, or anything with Warbeast on it.

3. Can I use the dark chaos feat shuffle to switch out Proficiency with All Simple and/or All Martial weapons for more useful feats?

No. They are not feats, just straight-up proficiencies. (This is why Elves are so handy for DCFS; unique among almost all creatures, they actually have the weapon proficiency feats. Most classes also give armor proficiencies as feats, though types do not.)