PDA

View Full Version : Nightcloak?

BrokenChord
2014-03-09, 03:16 PM
I saw this class on the Complete Divine Web Enhancement and fell in love with the flavor instantly, and if combined with, say, Academic Priest from Legend of the Twins it gains some nice attribute synergy abilities, mainly at 7th level adding Int mod to saves. Unfortunately, getting the max benefit from all this by utilizing Cloistered Cleric delays the point by which you can enter this Prestige Class by a level, but I'd say that's worth it.

Anyway, while the thematics are great, it does have some hefty entrance requirements and it's class features aren't exactly the greatest. On the plus side, though, it doesn't lose caster levels, so unless you really can't live without increased Rebuking ability you aren't losing the really important things the class gives you.

So I personally figure this Prestige Class is at least better than going straight Cleric, though it's by no means great as far as Prestige Classes go. What do you guys think? Would a Cleric be gimping themselves too hard by going all the way in this class?

Optimator
2014-03-09, 07:11 PM
The class abilities aren't anything special but they're infinitely better than the 0 Clerics normally get. Overall you wouldn't be gimping yourself at all, as you get full casting advancement. You'll end up with a fun and flavorful character.