PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Orc Bloodline Power, squeaking use out of it.

Thrair
2014-03-09, 03:58 PM
So, I'm building a character with the Bloodline via the Eldritch Heritage featchain. MAD isn't an issue because the DM allows a generous rolling method (4d6, reroll 1s and take 3 highest).

I'm building as a lockdown build with a focus on grappling (sub-optimal, I know, but the group's not power-gaming, so...).

Anyways, I digress. The 1st-level Bloodline power is this:

Touch of Rage (Sp): At 1st level, you can touch a creature as a standard action, giving it a morale bonus on attack rolls, damage rolls, and Will saving throws equal to 1/2 your sorcerer level (minimum 1) for 1 round. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Charisma modifier.

Seems fairly nifty, but only useful as a round-round buff on other people. Which, given this is a mid level campaign (currently 11th level, nearing 12th), isn't all that great for the use of standard, given it does require a touch.

I've been trying to think of ways to get more mileage out of the ability, and only a few options have come to mind.

1) Use of it while grappling, since I can use move actions to mantain/swift to grapple action with Greater Grapple/Rapid Grappler.
-Trouble with that is it's a Spell-like, and so that requires a concentration check. Which makes it crap when grappling anything with a CMB worth a damn.

2) Opportunistic Gambler trait.
-Makes it a bit better, as it makes the buff last an extra 1d4 rounds. But that's a campaign trait, so it might be slightly cheesy to use, and I'm not sure the DM will allow it.

3) Quicken Spell-like Ability monster feat.
-As with the trait, not certain I can take this. But it's more likely. And it lets me get the bonus for Full-Round Attacks and the like.

You guys know of anything else that would let me squeak some more use out of it? Items and the like? I know conductive weapons like you use such abilities through weapon strikes, but since this is a buff, that's kinda useless. Unless I want to punch enemies to make them stronger.

Shinken
2014-03-09, 04:44 PM
Optimistic Gambler looks like your better option. Several roleplaying hooks if you run with it.

Thrair
2014-03-09, 09:05 PM
So, no items or such that let would extend the duration or allow a different means of applying it?

avr
2014-03-09, 11:42 PM
+1 conductive whip maybe? It's not inappropriate for an orc buff either.