PDA

View Full Version : Go Clawlock?

Val666
2014-03-09, 08:39 PM
Hello guys, days ago I was reading some stuff about Warlock's and Eldritch Claws caught my atention. Wondering about a build wich focus on Unarmed Damage I end up with this:
(Psionics nor Icarnium allowed) Dragon Magazine and Flaws allowed.
32 Point Buy:
Human
Str: 16
Dex: 14
Con: 16
Int: 10
Wis: 12
Cha: 8

Monk 1/Warlock 6/Fist of the Forest 3/ Barbarian 1/Frostrager 5/ Binder 1/Hellfire Warlock 3

Feats
1:Improved Unarmed Strike,Stunning Fist,Sacred Vow,Vow of Poverty,Great Fortitude, Power Attack
3: ?
6: Eldritch Claws
9: Beast Strike
12: Frozen Berserker
15: Superior Unarmed Strike
18: Improved Natural Attack

Game is low magic items so Vow of Poverty is viable.

At level 20 it deals 10d6 damage per unarmed hit without Rage (using Eldritch Claw)

Is this build viable? Wich other feats would you recommend? Also wich Exalted Feats should I take :c?

Ruethgar
2014-03-09, 09:23 PM
I would suggest getting rid of monk in favor of Dashing Step City Brawler Spirit Lion Totem Barbarian, that still gets you decent unarmed and is full BaB. FotF may seem like a good idea, but unless house-ruled, a 1 level dip is all you should want for the Con to AC. Also by skipping Monk you can take Superior Unarmed Attack without hinderance.

Take a Major Bloodline. Seriously, they are great. And with your now three freed up levels, you can take Uncanny Trickster 3 advancing your bloodline levels. So now you have an effective Hellfire level of 8-1*2d6 hellfire damage added to your attacks.

For the level 3 feat, move Frozen Berserker down and Superior Unarmed Strike to take the Zerker's place at 12. I would also suggest Improved TWF for a few more attacks at 15th(you get TWF from Barbarian).

malonkey1
2014-03-09, 11:00 PM
I'm not sure if Hellfire Warlock counts for Eldritch Claw, seeing as it specifically reads "Hellfire Blast (Sp): Whenever you use your eldritch blast ability, you can change your eldritch blast into a hellfire blast." (emphasis mine) in the description for Hellfire Blast. grabbing Binder was a good idea, though.

Shinken
2014-03-10, 02:49 AM
I advise against Vow fo Poverty. Clawlocks get a lot of mileage out of magical items.

Snowbluff
2014-03-10, 10:20 AM
I'm not sure if Hellfire Warlock counts for Eldritch Claw, seeing as it specifically reads "Hellfire Blast (Sp): Whenever you use your eldritch blast ability, you can change your eldritch blast into a hellfire blast." (emphasis mine) in the description for Hellfire Blast. grabbing Binder was a good idea, though.

I second this. You want to go a monk-type build for EC when using Beast Strike, Enlightened Fist, and Ascetic Monk.

VoP sucks. How about Mighty Arms with Battle Fist, and that Ring of Fangs.

Bloodgruve
2014-03-10, 10:55 AM
Dashing Step City Brawler Spirit Lion Totem Barbarian, that still gets you decent unarmed and is full BaB.

Is City Brawler from Dragon mag?

If you want Monk and Warlock you'll need to be Lawful Evil also unless you can swing an alignment change after Monk. If you run Monk you could get Sun School feat which allows you to attack after a teleport via Flee the Scene which could be fun. Or just work Pounce or Travel Devotion.

Blood~

Val666
2014-03-10, 03:23 PM
Thanks everyone for the advice!

malonkey1: DM ruled that Hellfire Blast worked with Eldritch Claws <3

Shinken: It is a low magic item campaign and DM told me that Vow of Poverty would be useful.

Snowbluff: Im droping that monk level for that Barbarian variant :c also getting the bloodline levels.

Bloodgruve: Im not taking monk anymore :c