PDA

View Full Version : A Time w/ Drakin [4e] I.C.

Reality Glitch
2014-03-09, 09:17 PM
Datura & Xell
After having met a few weeks ago the two of you have become thick as thieves, though you do have sort of Red Oni/Blue Oni relationship. And just the other day you two have gotten word from the local portal mages that there has been and increase in "sky-people" activity as well as sighting of a new kind that resemble draconic warforged. Neither of you have ever used the services of a portal mage so what you know about how they can supposedly travel to the closest points of light in the night sky are only rumors to both of you, but you know all too well of sky people shenanigans that were once thought only to be stories to scare children into behaving. Though the arrival of a new kind peaks your curiosity and as you approach one of the larger settlements on Ur-Eden, thus likely to have a resident portal mage who's services you can pay for.

Dej'gyth
You've only gotten off the invader's ship on this savage space-rock not two month's when a great beast unlike any you've seen before comes down from the heavens. It at first resembled a bloated tarasque but as sit come closer you could see it is more ornithological in nature w/ great draconic wings stretching further than you can see once it had landed and before it furled them back up. Now in a twist of irony, metallic forms looking like upright dragons roughly 1.5x your size step out from inside it. They to are unlike anything you can recall, but they look confused, like they're lost or the sky steed isn't fully well. Then it hits you like a rock, a racial memory, not of sensation or sensory input, but pure knowledge, an instinctual or gut feeling at they can, and may even be willing to, take you the Circle.

Graamros Glorygem
"And if I see you 'round may bar again I'll have on the next 'craft to Mon'world!" screams the burly Mul personally and quite literally kicking you out of the place after getting yet another fight (and no, I will not stop stressing every other adjective). He was being so lenient about it too, right up until you called him a filty mule, which you're still not sure if youmeant it or just mispronounced it because you are drunk out of your stout little brains. The threat of being shipped of the gorram blasted chunk of space-rock most commonly known as the World of Monsters, or Mon'wold, is enough to start sobering you up, even the most die hardy "honorable death" fanatics fear going there as it would most likely be highly horrific and painfully gruesome death and those that managed to survive survived be handing out such death like free candy, even after they got back. Doesn't sound like you'd be able to uphold your god's values either way.

You get back to the motel you're currently staying at (until you get kicked out of there), and turn of the Tv. to see what news be bringeth for today. It turns out that some astronauts encountered an advanced alien race not bent on being manipulative jerks out solely for good laugh. They have also returned safely and w/ a proposal from them: They want native help in exploring this star system and are asking for volunteers to aid them in their quest.

D'Nikar Sora
You've found out in the resent cycles why your kind is so naturally trustworthy, its nearly impossible to hide most things from yourself or others like you and absolutely impossible for you to lie. Every time you try to cover up your dealings as a Practitioner-class changeling, the very thing that alows you convey any information eventually leaks out your secrets. Though you have yet to have received anything more than scoldings from the authorities for the acts of deceit and constant warnings that changing the body will wear at the mind. They don't seem to be worrying about it as much as you are, though you can see in the back of their minds that is because they know the damage it has already caused, if any, is still in its early stages. You occasionally gotten an offer to join the empire's security corp as you have subterfuge experience, but you've caught wind of an open-application-expedition leaving soon and would rather go on that, sneakily if you have to.

You gotten aboard the Kaiju and things are about get off the ground. You're still surprised at how lenient the guards were to let you on. You know that they know you're here, but seeing as everyone's A.C. w/ it, you let go of the thought. After a few hours, it lands on Earth, you've heard of Earth before, you've always found it weird that it only has two native sentient species though, but you are psyched to meet them none the less.

You've been going for another couple hours when you pick up a telepathic broadcast, <We have arrived at our first destination and have encountered native astronauts. We have sent them the standard diplomatic proposition, and are awaiting there response, we will also be stopping to refuel at the next planet.>

Thia'Karr
You're knew to dealing w/ drakin "face-to-face", metaphorically speaking since they don't face to the same extent as earthlings, nor do they always "face" you when conversing. Though you don't seem to mind, you always have the feeling they're looking at you when they telepathically communicate, no matter their actual orientation.

You've signed onto a drakin vessel, which they call "kaiju" after the human mythical creatures that share similar properties. You took it as a chance to finally get away from those filthy apes and seek a new, better world to live on, though you'd be perfectly content if you are to explore the 'verse for the rest of you natural life (your unatural life is a different story). You find it so alien w/in a kaiju, everything is organic and in some way part of the 'craft's organs: The food supply comes from the thing's digestive tract, the navigation is a neural link into the ship's brain (the use of which drakin call "drifting"), the life support is clearly linked w/ the beast's heartbeat, and your certain that one of the walls of your quarters is the creature's bladder (not that anything has happened .... yet); you start getting comfortable when you realize there's a human couple bunking in the room next to your's. Though the ship-hands claim everyone's rooms were selected completely at random.

You've been going for a couple hours when you pick up a telepathic broadcast, <We have arrived at our first destination and have encountered native astronauts. We have sent them the standard diplomatic proposition, and are awaiting there response, we will also be stopping to refuel at the next planet.>

Ramsus
2014-03-10, 12:54 AM
Datura flew Sapphire (her small cobalt dragon mount) down to around human eye level and asked the first person who looked like they would give a straight answer where they could find the nearest portal mage.

In case it's needed.

Diplomacy: [roll0]

Reality Glitch
2014-03-10, 02:34 AM
The Elf you appear to is startled at first, but calms down and replies, "Oh, must mean old man Josey's place, he's the drow that lives in the center of the city." he turns to point at the obsidian monolith jutting up taller than any of the other surrounding buildings, "He lives in the Manalith, you can't miss it." The Elf then continues on his way.

Vesth
2014-03-10, 03:04 AM
Graamros Glorygem

The motel room felt like home. Well, as much as a rat infested, two-star motel can be called a home. There were very little furnishings, and what hadn't been destroyed by the passage of time and neglect was long since torn apart by Graamos. The dwarf himself leaned back on the mold-encrusted sofa which creaked and threatened to fall apart beneath him. As he watched the television, he planted his hairy feet on the table, sending empty ale cans flying everywhere. One not-so-empty one leaked it's remaining contents onto the hardwood floor.

It would leave a permanent stain, but Graamros couldn't care less.

"Exhploration, eh? *hic* Ain't enhough fightin' ain't enhough bashin' skulls fer me. All rocks 'n pretty gems 'n..." He eyed his purse. There was more air then metal in it now.

"Bah! I need me shome rhocks 'n phreety gems..." he muttered to himself, climbing unsteadily to his feet. He would take a shower, clean himself up...and see what could be done for a job like this. Easy pay, low requirements, by the looks of it. It would be almost the perfect job if he could smash a nose in and get away with it. But hey. He needed the money.

Ramsus
2014-03-10, 03:09 AM
Datura turns to Xell and says, "Shall we then?"

Ghost6442
2014-03-10, 03:57 AM
Adopting a 'thinking pose' (his left arm across his body and holding his staff, his right elbow on his left wrist and his chin resting on his right fist, with a thoughtful look on his face.) "hmmm..." he mused then after a short pause "Sure why not? Lead the way friend." Doing a short bow, spreading his arms and pointing his staff in the direction they were to head.

Ramsus
2014-03-10, 04:15 AM
With a little flip in the air Sapphire flies upwards and to their destination, moving at the pace they have grown accustomed to keeping while together.

Reality Glitch
2014-03-10, 02:21 PM
Graamros GlorygemYou hear that sign-ups are at the north Zexel Launch station and are departing w/in an hour.

Ghost6442
2014-03-10, 07:56 PM
Xell follows after his companions.

Vesth
2014-03-10, 08:08 PM
Graamros packs his essentials, stuffing them into his backpack with abandon. The only exception was his prized hammer; a craghammer which was polished and inlaid with all sorts of ancient dwarven runes, mostly decorative. The metal head was hard and unyielding, and the spike still sharp. Oh, how he had busted heads with this hammer!

He threw himself headlong into the wall, once, twice. Just to get his head on the straight and narrow. Blinking through the pain, he headed out the door, heading for the station as fast as his stubby legs could carry him.

gac3
2014-03-11, 05:58 PM
Sora stretches out her body and feels tiny roots tempted to find a place to plant her but there is nowhere and she has no intentions of being planted any one place yet.
If anyone else is around I will say What do we know of the natives?

Reality Glitch
2014-03-18, 10:22 PM
Ur-Eden Second day of mid summer, high noon
You have little trouble getting into the city and get about three-quarters of the way in when an Eldar begger calls out as you pass him sitting against the adjacent building, "Arms for the poor. Arms for the poor."

City-Planet Forth day of mid summer, 14:76 H.M.
You make it there w/ five minutes to spare and walts right up to the recruitment both the aliens are running. (In their own Astronaut suits you assume for the same reason your kinds need to while in outer space.) No sooner do you slam your free hand onto the table and shout your asking to sign up, does an alert message pop up on the aliens' helmet visors. The two in front of you immediately stand all the up, reaching 7, no 8, no 9! nine feet tall while retaining the body proportions of a basic (( Humans as presented in the Player's Handbook )), making then HUGE! <While we greatly appreciate your enthusiasm,> you hear in your head as if it was your own internal voice, you've been subject to telepathy before and you never like it, <we cannot allow someone who willingly poisons themself to board our vessels.> The signal came from the one on your left the one on your right adds to the statment, <If you would be so kind as to attend the nearest healing facility and come back if and when we send another vessel to this galaxy w/o injuring yourself again, we will be more than happy to accept you.

In orbit over the City-PlanetForth day of mid summer, 14:76 H.M.
(( Drakin telepathy is comparable to human internet, asking that ambiently is like posting it on the help forum of a message board. ))

You get a reply back, <A lot actually. They're very much like Earthlings. though they don't have any Silurian, they're only native sentients are an extremely more diverse species of human. They've got short ones they've got stout ones, they got pointy-eared ones, they've even got lycan-, felidea-, and mystique-class changelings.> You recognize the mind sending, it's the head of diplomacy branch of the leadership corp, Uncrane Lee, its the last person you wanted to be in a confined space w/. Last time you two met, you got so frustrated that you almost went berserk, you're lucky you kep it under control enough to leave before you ripped what would be its throat out, if drakin had throat, your digestive tracts aren't much more complex then the next carnivorous plant species. That's the first time it hit you that what everyone was saying about you might be right.

Vesth
2014-03-19, 10:00 AM
Graamros growled, a low, guttural sound. "Bah, open yer mouths, yer lazy twits. Mouths were invented fer a reason. Damn telepathy. And I ain't leavin' if the ship's gonna sail without me. I have a better suggestion."

He plants his hands flat on the table. "I'll prove that yer need me. Gimme someone to fight, let me prove it. I'll do bodyguard and explorer, a two-in-one package for you. Eh? Eh?"

Ramsus
2014-03-19, 01:19 PM
((I'm going to assume you meant alms, and that this beggar is not asking for limbs or weapons.))

Datura floats down a bit and drops a gold piece in the beggar's lap before continuing on. ((Unless he says/does something I'd actually want to stop for.))

Reality Glitch
2014-03-19, 01:25 PM
<Mouths were "invented" for eating, speech comes from the vocal cords which drakin have not.>

<If ceremonial combat is what you want, I'd more than happy to test your skill.> It then proceeds to draw from its back the largest sword you've ever seen, you'd have confused it for an over-sized stone beer-paddle if it wasn't for the blade ending in a quarter-circle. In fact it looks like they just took one and sharpened the edge opposite the holes, each one large enough to act as an additional handhold. In the half second this happened, the other space-suited aliens had completely cleared the square and everything looks prepared for an official fighting match. The sword is raised above the wielder's head parallel to the ground w/ the arm perpendicular to it, then brought down in front slaming the tip down into the asphalt of the street and the alien's other hand grabs it by the hole nearest the handle, which was the only large enough for one hand stands statue still. <After you.> You're not entirely sure what just happened, but you like the way they think.

Ghost6442
2014-03-19, 06:27 PM
"Arms? Sorry sir I have but two and none to spare! But I don't think some extra limbs are going to help you at all." He checks his pockets and produces a coin. "Here, now you have two to rub together." He drops the coin so it might follow the first. Then in a deeper, darker voice "May darkness soothe your pain." [Healing Word] he tips his hat with a smile and continues on his way. Unless of course Datura does not.

gac3
2014-03-19, 10:17 PM
Fascinating. What is the plan of action?

Vesth
2014-03-20, 10:14 AM
Graamos grinned, a wide smile that stretched from ear to ear. He draws his hammer and his shield from behind his back, and raised the hammer up high.

He screamed.

It was a raw sound, a burst of fury that could express itself through voice alone. As if in response, the dwarf lit up, electrical sparks travelling down the length of the hammer and wriggling over his body. He adjusted himself slightly, feet planted apart, lowered. Ready to strike.

"FOR KORD!"

He literally flew forward, his feet pumping furiously. He made as if to run right, but it was a feint, and he spun left, kicking his feet on the flat side of the oversized sword to give himself lift. In the air, he spun in a complete circle, his craghammer reaching out at the apex of the spin to slam into the creature's 'chest'.

I mark the fella with my Divine Challenge, for whatever that's worth. I'm attacking with Disrupting Advance.

Attack: [roll0] VS AC
Damage: [roll1]
My weapon is brutal 2, which means that I get to reroll all 1s and 2s I make for damage.

If hit, I push the target 2 squares. The target, and whoever is adjacent, is slowed until the end of my next turn.

Reality Glitch
2014-04-01, 12:47 PM
Datura & Xell
He is so thankful for your service that he offers to join you two wherever you're going. He claims to be a great Artificer/Swordmage.

D'Nikar
<The plan right now is to wait for more passengers, if you'd like you could go planetside w/ the recruitment team.>

Graamos
Your strike hits almost dead center in what you believe to be the creature's chest area, just off center enough to miss the hulking blade, it stumbles back several feet before you here a *DING* sound that sounds all too much like when an electrical appliance is done charging. <Lightning against robotic equipment, really? Don't you ever watch the movies.> It strikes back w/ blinding speed granted by the power-up. Fortunately for you the hit grazes you armor and does no more damage the to chip your left pauldron.

Ghost6442
2014-04-02, 03:31 AM
"Wait, hold on there, you're a great Artificer/Swordmage? What happened? Why are you poor?" Xell asks in amazement. "Surly you could be still applying your Artificer craft and be living comfortably?" He added truly curious to this mans predicament.

Reality Glitch
2014-04-02, 11:59 AM
"And normally I would, but there has been a resent usurp by a drow, who is replacing all the labor in the city w/ automatons. I don't mean warforged either, they're getting just as stiff of a kick to there nonexistent pants."

Vesth
2014-04-03, 12:14 PM
Graamos readjusts his grip and grins somewhat stupidly, giddy as he is from the thrill of battle.

"Then I'll overcharge it then!" he yells, charging forward again, the electrically charged hammer coming in quick and fast with sparks of lightning raining down on the creature.

Attacking with Piercing Smite.

Attack: [roll0] VS Reflex
Damage: [roll1], reroll all 1s and 2s.
If rerolls are needed:
Roll 1: [roll2]
Roll 2: [roll3]

EDIT: Total damage, if I'm not wrong, is 18

Also, if he hits me, I activate Armor of Wrath, and deal 3 damage, as well as push him 2 squares away.

gac3
2014-04-09, 05:44 PM
D'Nikar<The plan right now is to wait for more passengers, if you'd like you could go planetside w/ the recruitment team.>

Sounds like a plan. D'Nikar stretches out before he makes his way to wherever he would need to meet up with the recruitment team.

Reality Glitch
2014-04-09, 08:18 PM
Once you get planetside and step off the transport pod (Kaiju are generally too big to land planetside) you see one of the recruitment members preforming standard procedures for testing fighting ability, if the alien can get at least to a marginal loss, if not a stand off or even victory, then he'll be deemed good enough. That is, if this subject was under normal circumstances, but this time you can clearly tell that he didn't pass the tox-screening, so he'll have to do better if he wants onboard.

Ghost6442
2014-04-10, 05:01 AM
"Oh... that's not very good. This Drow... He wouldn't happen to be someone I might know?" Xell asked thinking back to the dark world and his own artificer training there. He had studied under an old drow artificer who had never smiled. He had never said anything nice either, getting him to grumble, sniff, turn up his nose at your work and move on to berate the next student was the highest compliment he could give. To Xell's knowledge anyway, he had only been in the class for the crafting components as the other stuff had just gone right over his head and he had decided to study healing instead.

Reality Glitch
2014-04-10, 07:03 PM
That depends, most people this side of the coin don't usually take up shadow-arts and he ain't from Darkworld I can tell you take. (( "The Coin" is slang for Ur-Eden and Darkworld collectively. ))

Ghost6442
2014-04-13, 04:47 AM
"Ah well, it was just a passing fancy." He shakes his head thoughtfully. "We are on our way to see the portal mage about the sky people and draconic warforged thingys. You may join us if your wish." he explains and offers, seeing no reason why the man couldn't join them.

Reality Glitch
2014-04-14, 08:24 PM
"That's the thing. The Drow IS the portal mage, and the lock down he's enacted, no one's going anywhere by magical means."

Ghost6442
2014-04-16, 04:38 AM
"Well that won't do at all. We will have to get to know him better and inform him of the error of his ways." Xell nods and starts on his way 'hmm, maybe it is an idea to assemble and bring an angry mob with us, just in case...' he thought