PDA

View Full Version : PrC prereq question

MonsiuerGeneral
2014-03-10, 06:31 AM
Hello!

This is probably a very strange question, but I'm curious and couldn't find the answer so meh.

I was just wondering if a PrC had a size prerequisite, would it be possible to use change shape to fulfill the requirement?

So more specifically, could I use a medium sized race like doppelganger and PrC into war hulk by having my doppelganger change shape into a large creature?

Thanks for answers in advance! ^_^

Sir Chuckles
2014-03-10, 06:46 AM
This comes up with feats a lot.
That one, as it's a racial ability and not a permanent magical effect or item, may be entirely up to the DM.

On one hand, you're not actually large, you're a doppelganger imitating it. On the other, you do qualify when you're Large.

For feats, it's a matter of "lose the item/ability, lose the effect". The same is applied to PrCs. Lose the Large size, lose the effects.
Not sure how that handles HD, skill points, feats from leveling, and all that jazz. You'd probably lose all that if you lose your Large form.

MonsiuerGeneral
2014-03-10, 07:08 AM
This comes up with feats a lot.
That one, as it's a racial ability and not a permanent magical effect or item, may be entirely up to the DM.

On one hand, you're not actually large, you're a doppelganger imitating it. On the other, you do qualify when you're Large.

For feats, it's a matter of "lose the item/ability, lose the effect". The same is applied to PrCs. Lose the Large size, lose the effects.
Not sure how that handles HD, skill points, feats from leveling, and all that jazz. You'd probably lose all that if you lose your Large form.

Gotcha, thanks! That's actually how I was interpreting it as I read the descriptions for each.

Hmm, keeping the shapeshifted form shouldn't really be too much of a problem as far as I can tell, right? I mean, if it's a racial ability then the only way to dispel the ability is via death (or some other incredibly drastic means, like perhaps via wish) I would assume.

Swaoeaeieu
2014-03-10, 07:12 AM
And it also gives you a cool alter ego! Change into a normal journalist during the town/diplomancy parts of the quest and shapechange into a large creature and suddenly gain godly strength and butt kicking powers when the enemies show up.

It's all kinds of cool.

MonsiuerGeneral
2014-03-10, 07:16 AM
And it also gives you a cool alter ego! Change into a normal journalist during the town/diplomancy parts of the quest and shapechange into a large creature and suddenly gain godly strength and butt kicking powers when the enemies show up.

It's all kinds of cool.

So in other words quite literally the hulk…ha, didn't even think about that one. XD