PDA

View Full Version : Auspicious Mark

skypse
2014-03-10, 07:31 AM
Auspicious Mark: The barbarian has been marked by the spirits, as indicated by an impressive tattoo, scar, or birthmark she possesses. Once per rage, as a swift action that costs 2 rounds of rage, the barbarian can call upon the spirits’ favor. Using auspicious mark grants her a +1d6 bonus on one d20 roll she has just made. She can call on the auspicious mark after seeing the result of the d20 roll.

Soo......

Since it does not specify it, I would like to ask about the following senario:
I am in place of a normal attack, I roll my d20 and I roll a natural 18. After I see my 18, I decide to kill 2 rounds of rage and I roll a d6. I now have rolled a sum of 19 or more and my critical threat range is 19-20. Does this mean I scorred a crit or not? And if not, why?

Thiyr
2014-03-10, 09:10 AM
It would not. At least in 3.5, and it looks the same in PF, crit threats are based on the natural roll (that is, what shows on the d20). Auspicious Mark grants a bonus on the roll, but doesn't change the actual roll made. It's not unlike why it doesn't matter what the enhancement bonus on your weapon it, it's just a variable die that gives an untyped bonus to whatever you needed to roll the d20 for.

skypse
2014-03-10, 11:07 AM
Sorry it is for the Pathfinder RPG.

Then why do other rage powers (that also don't specify it) like "Surprise Accuracy" count to the critical threat total?

Reverent-One
2014-03-10, 11:10 AM
Sorry it is for the Pathfinder RPG.

Then why do other rage powers (that also don't specify it) like "Surprise Accuracy" count to the critical threat total?

Where are you getting the idea that they do? Short of an errata/FAQ statement, they don't either.