PDA

View Full Version : Guessing Next side quest speculation

rbetieh
2014-03-10, 09:53 AM
By my accounts, every story arc has had at least 1 side-quest in it. As I see them (and I will concede that some are debatable) they are:

(1) Talisman of Dorukan
(2) Dirt Farmers and Ogres
(3) Rescue Roys Sister
(4) Elan and Durkons Island Adventures
(5) Beetle Slavers

Who wants to speculate on the next one? Will it be the battle vs Hel? Maybe a completely unrelated journey to find a never before mentioned item of great importance? Is there any specific type of monster we have yet to see that would make a great side-quest?

CaDzilla
2014-03-10, 10:01 AM
A conflict between the drow and surface elves, started by the surface elves.

Gift Jeraff
2014-03-10, 10:05 AM
Killing dire rats in the Mechane's lower decks.

Kish
2014-03-10, 10:21 AM
Destroy the Dwarven Homeland.

(Like the starmetal quest, this may prove to be something only one member of the Order really wants to do, that he has to trick the rest into helping with.)

Jaxzan Proditor
2014-03-10, 01:49 PM
It's possible that they may have to stop in the Elven or Dwarven Lands for some reason or another. Or perhaps dealing with the High Priest of Hel counts as a side quest.

rbetieh
2014-03-11, 02:14 AM
Killing dire rats in the Mechane's lower decks.

what a wonderful subversion...do the low level quest last!

Zmeoaice
2014-03-12, 12:59 PM
I'd add the starmetal quest as well in NCfBP

Xelbiuj
2014-03-12, 01:34 PM
Dealing with Durkon's vampiracy probably.

Having him and V "as they are" in the final conflict (assuming it comes down to it) would be sketchy as hell.

TheEmerged
2014-03-12, 06:53 PM
Dealing with Durkon's vampiracy probably.

Having him and V "as they are" in the final conflict (assuming it comes down to it) would be sketchy as hell.

Pun intended?

davidbofinger
2014-03-12, 09:45 PM
I don't think Beetle Slavers qualifies, it was just a random encounter. To be a quest, people have to say, "We need to do X" and go off and try to do it. "We're being attacked, fight back!" isn't a quest.

The King of Nowhere is borderline.

The rescue of V's family was a solo side quest.

Azure City Resistance was a side quest for Haley and Belkar.

There's definitely an alternation of gate and no gate in the books but I don't think the no gate books can be simply classified as side quests.

Agnostik
2014-03-13, 05:34 PM
Tarquin will be back. He's a one-man side quest. :smallamused:

Smolder
2014-03-14, 09:31 AM
The airship will crash, beginning the epic search for spare parts.

CaDzilla
2014-03-14, 07:22 PM
Tarquin will be back. He's a one-man side quest. :smallamused:

I hope he's joined by SPG and Jacinda

YossarianLives
2014-03-15, 01:07 AM
Maybe they'll get attacked by a sky kraken :smallsmile:

rbetieh
2014-03-15, 02:51 PM
I don't think Beetle Slavers qualifies, it was just a random encounter. To be a quest, people have to say, "We need to do X" and go off and try to do it. "We're being attacked, fight back!" isn't a quest.

The King of Nowhere is borderline.

The rescue of V's family was a solo side quest.

Azure City Resistance was a side quest for Haley and Belkar.

There's definitely an alternation of gate and no gate in the books but I don't think the no gate books can be simply classified as side quests.

I kind of see the Azure City Resistance as the main quest actually. They were staying put and keeping Roys body until the party cleric returned. Neither really had the power to get back to wherever the other members were at the time. It's Durkon and Elan that were off doing other stuff instead of trying to get the party back together.