PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] spell storing weapon

Saintsqc
2014-03-10, 10:39 AM
What is the best spell to store in a spell storing weapon? My PC is a lvl 6 wizard/lvl 1 fighter and he has banned evoc, enchant and necromancy schools. We have access to all complete series.

Phantom foe and bands of steel looks pretty cool to me.

However, I think phantom foe is a better choice overall. Both spell have save check...however, even if you succeed your check against bands of steel, you can spend a full action to get rid of it. Also, BoS is limited to medium and smaller creature. Phantom foe seems to be a better choice overall.

Is there any other spells better for a spell storing weapon?

Segev
2014-03-10, 10:43 AM
Depends on the weapon. Melee weapon, I'd look at Vampiric Touch (though there's a specialized +1-equiv. enchantment in MIC that lets you spell store that one). Combust (spell compendium) is also pretty good. Vamp. Touch is necromancy, though, and you said you banned that. I don't recall if Combust is Evoc. or Conj.

Levitate could be funny; hit them and send them floating up to the middle of the chamber so they can't go anywhere.

If you can pick up Invisible Spell and cast Invisible Obscuring Mist or Invisible Fog Cloud, a targeted See Invisibility would effectively blind them without having to go into Blindness, which is also, I think in one of your banned schools.

Saintsqc
2014-03-10, 11:10 AM
Lol, levitate is funny ! However, the creature has to be willing :(

Combust is evoc.

Invisible spell + see invisibility is cool. I dont have the feat, but I like the idea!