PDA

View Full Version : Quick question regarding epic-level BAB (3.5)

Mousedigits
2014-03-10, 04:11 PM
Ok, so, here it is. If a gestalt character, 21st lvl, takes
Barbarian 10, Armored Hulk 10 (0 BAB), fighter 1//something with 3/4 BAB, say a rogue, 20/LA 1, would his BAB be:
11/6 from barbarian 10/ fighter 1
15/10/5 for rogue
for a total of 26/21/16/11? Also, he wouldn't get a third attack from BAB, right?

eggynack
2014-03-10, 04:21 PM
No, you don't just add the new BAB onto the old one directly. Up through level 10 you're gaining +1 BAB per level, leaving you with 10 BAB, and after that you'd shift onto the rogue progression, gaining increases when the rogue does. So, from level 10 to 11 the rogue increases by a point, so you'd hit +11, the next level you'd increase to +12, and the level after that it'd stay the same. Overall, you'd add eight points, because that's the amount that rogue adds in that time period, leaving you with +18 at 20.

After that, epic attack bonus (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/basics.htm#epicAttackBonus) takes over, giving another +1 to hit at level 21. This is distinct from BAB, and does not grant extra attacks. As to your iterative question, the rules are explicit that you gain an extra iterative at +6, +11, and +16, so there's nothing beyond that point. You also seem to be using some odd iterative math to work things out. Don't worry about the iteratives when adding BAB together, because the iterative part gets worked out at the end. Just work it out based on the actual BAB, which is the number on the left of that section, and work out the iteratives afterwards, adding those iteratives when I mentioned that you should, at +6, +11, and +16.

Mousedigits
2014-03-10, 04:33 PM
Thank you for the information. I suppose I wont need that high a BAB, since I have a 72 strength. Besides, that's only 2 less than if I went full barbarian. Thanks!