PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Oracle Spells help

Cofniben
2014-03-10, 06:37 PM
I have been looking at building a gnome oracle, and I was planning on using the heaven mystery, but I can't find any illusion spells on the spell list for oracles, am I just missing them or are there just few to none?

grarrrg
2014-03-10, 08:48 PM
*looks*
There really aren't that many.
Here's a (slightly out of date) list:
1 Clarion Call
2 Inner Focus (edited in)
2 Silence
2 Trail of the Rose
2 Display Aversion
3 Vision of Hell
3 Agonizing Rebuke
4 Shadow Barbs
5 Symbol of Striking
5 Village Veil
7 Vision of Lamashtu
7 Lunar Veil

Pex
2014-03-10, 10:04 PM
The Revelation you're looking at is mainly for your mystery spells. Color Spray, Hypnotic Pattern, Rainbow Pattern, those are Heavens Oracles' bread and butter. If there are divine spells that benefit, great.

Unbalanced
2014-03-12, 01:58 AM
Is there anywhere that has a list of all spells that I can apply a filter by spell type? I'm interested in all available enchantment spells...

grarrrg
2014-03-12, 09:38 AM
Is there anywhere that has a list of all spells that I can apply a filter by spell type? I'm interested in all available enchantment spells...

TA-DA! (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/tools/spells-db)
(pssst, it's what I used to make my list...but I haven't updated my download in a while, hence previous disclaimer)

Talya
2014-03-12, 09:45 AM
I have been looking at building a gnome oracle, and I was planning on using the heaven mystery, but I can't find any illusion spells on the spell list for oracles, am I just missing them or are there just few to none?

Take Eldritch Heritage, then later on Improved Eldritch Heritage. Use the Arcane Bloodline. Now you can get a few sorcerer/wizard spells.

Optional: Don't take Improved Eldritch Heritage. Play a half elf instead of a gnome. Take the "Paragon Surge" feat. Now you can gain a few Sorcerer/Wizard spells of your choice on demand.

rollforeigninit
2014-03-12, 10:16 AM
I'm AFB just now, but I believe if you take the haunted curse, you get at least one or 2 more.

Karoht
2014-03-12, 12:27 PM
Take the Haunted Curse and you get a few of them Minor Image.
You also get Mage Hand, Ghost Sound (also an Illusion), Telekinesis, and Reverse Gravity. Really good curse.

If you're playing with Illusions, might I recommend the feat Shadow Gambit.
You can basically end your Illusions early to deal 1D6*Spell Level to things nearby the illusion. Gets a bit more use out of your illusions this way, some of which can be extremely harmful in this manner.
Shadow Gambit on PFSRD (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/shadow-gambit)
Worth a read at worst.
Worth at the very least for the surprise factor.