PDA

View Full Version : 2 feats and some advice

Rev666
2014-03-10, 08:02 PM
Okay so im currently playing a level 2/1 rogue/ranger wererat and I wanna get a little plan together for him so I know what im doing.

My character has:

str 14 dex 16 con 10 int 14 wis 14 cha 10

with his feats being combat expertise, improved feint and improved initiative. He uses a rapier and a kukri and his standard m.o. is to feint then use his rapier but when flanking (and when I hit ranger 2) he uses both weapons.

My character works by scouting ahead (he usually has an hour head start so he can gather a layout and sneak up and deal with any enemy scouts he finds ) into any dungeons we enter and uses his hybrid form for all the benefits.

Its a core only game with the classes from the Shattered Gates of Slaughtergarde allowed so my plan for 9th level is rogue/ranger/twisted lord at 4/2/2 (with the racial HD counting as my 9th level). My questions are: what feats would you recommend to take at 6th and 9th levels to help expand his repertoire and make him more useful against sneak attack resistant foes?

Raishoiken
2014-04-22, 08:55 AM
For sneak attacking creature types normally immune to crits, analyze unliving in the stealth and song section of Ultimate Feats allows you to choose undead, ooze, plant, elemental, or construct each time you take it and allows you to sneak attack your choices with d4s

Garagos
2014-04-22, 08:59 AM
If its core only I'm not sure Analyze Unliving would be allowed. If it is, you'd be better off getting Penetrating Strike ACF which allows you to sneak attack anything normally immune to such attacks for half the normal damage while flanking.

Ellowryn
2014-04-22, 11:39 AM
Core only, there is nothing you can do to overcome SA immune foes by yourself. That being said, your friendly party cleric, wizard, and druid have nice first level spells that allow you to strike the three most common SA immune enemies: undead, constructs, and plant creatures respectively. Creating magic items that always gives you these benefits, or at the least the one that you are most likely to come across, is what you need. If you cant do that, then pick up something to pass the time so your character will not be bored sitting in a corner while he is useless in combat against such foe's.

John Longarrow
2014-04-22, 11:49 AM
Weapon Finesse should be on that list. Your dex will probably be better than your STR for most of the game so grabbing a free bonus to hit never hurts.