PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Alchemist build help

MadEmperor
2014-03-10, 08:28 PM
Recently my group has been placed into a campaign where we are to play approved pathfinder focused classes and are to go through adventures to qualify and enter prestige classes (An example being a rogue character has to go through the game to actually go about the means to become an assassin, such as being recruited by an assassins guild or establishing himself as one after making his first paid kill.)

I picked the Alchemist as my own starting class and have this guy in mind as a Alchemist who is similar to an assassin in his practices, using combinations of bombs, extracts and poisons to deal with enemies tactically whilst in cities and whilst adventuring.

Are there any good builds for crafting a character who is good to suit this style of play?

grarrrg
2014-03-10, 08:50 PM
Alchemist who is similar to an assassin in his practices, using combinations of bombs, extracts and poisons to deal with enemies tactically whilst in cities and whilst adventuring.

Are there any good builds for crafting a character who is good to suit this style of play?

Straight Alchemist

Alternative build:
Alchemist with some Master Chymist

MadEmperor
2014-03-10, 09:01 PM
Straight Alchemist

Alternative build:
Alchemist with some Master Chymist

Thank you, but can you elaborate a bit on how you would build straight alchemist, or the alternative build using the master chymist, this is my first time really playing with the class so any advice I could get in the ways of feat and item selection would be useful.

N. Jolly
2014-03-10, 09:13 PM
I could give some advice... (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hChbcEsEfQsR7NkwKlzO-GLYtrOtxlkGHpRQgKKZ5gc/edit?usp=sharing)

Sounds like what you're looking at is as Generalist Alchemist with a focus on Substitute Rogue, a lot like the Kallen Telos build I have in the guide. I think picking your traits wisely to give yourself the right skills (Alchs already start with a lot, so picking up Stealth should be all you need), as well as careful extract choices are going to be important. What level are you building at?

MadEmperor
2014-03-10, 09:26 PM
So far from what I was told we are starting at level 4 as characters. Each of us was tasked with an interesting flavorish fun which is that each of us had to be focused on an alignment in our style of character and his affiliations, I was rolled up as Neautral Evil, I'm not very well introduced to alignments much (Other than the spells that affect them) so info on how an alchemist would behave of that alignment would be well appreciated.

And thanks N. Jolly for the build link, I'll give it a look over.