PDA

View Full Version : (3.5) Help with spells and gear

Zweisteine
2014-03-10, 10:09 PM
On Saturday, I'll be participating in a run of the Tomb of Horrors (without having read most of it beforehand).

The party is 3 rogue-type characters, a fighter-type character, and my Sorcerer and Cleric.

My first character is a Necropolitan Sorcerer 8(+1 from the Greater Draconic Rite f Passage, +1 more from a houserule). The other chracter is a Kobold (Cloistered) Cleric. The problem is that I've never played a full caster before (though I've built quite a few).

I have no clue what spells to pick up for either character, or what war to give them, besides items of [ability score]. I also need to pick another domain and an SLA to get 3/day from the Draconic Rite of Passage.

Houserules in effect:
Sorcerers cast as if one level higher (i.e. get new spell levels on odd level).
A few other mostly irrelevant things like using 3 skill points to take ranks in Knowledge (all).

The only spells I'm sure I'll have are Rope Trick, a the spells of the Kobold Domain for the Cleric.

Please help me!

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2014-03-10, 10:27 PM
This trick (www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=267805#4) can be used for spells like Rope Trick, Greater Resistance, Greater Magic Weapon, Command Undead, etc.

For your spells known, be sure to include Wings of Cover, Web, and Glitterdust. A lot of the others really depend on what (metamagic) feats you get. For example, put Summon Monster IV on your Runestaff and get the Summon Elemental reserve feat, or learn Arc of Lightning and get the Storm Bolt reserve feat. I'd try to include Split Ray with Practical Metamagic for it and get Ray of Stupidity, Ray of Dizziness, and Enervation (with Arcane Thesis: Enervation).

The Cleric should have Divine Metamagic: Persistent, and use it for Elation (BoED) and Mass Lesser Vigor at the very least. A Cloistered Cleric with the Kobold domain and (Wand of) Guidance of the Avatar (http://www.wizards.com/dnd/article.asp?x=dnd/sb/sb20010504a) shouldn't have much to worry about for traps. Especially if the above Sorcerer has Summon Elemental and has it go Nodwick all the traps to automatically locate them with no risk to the party.

SliceandDiceKid
2014-03-10, 11:21 PM
On Saturday, I'll be participating in a run of the Tomb of Horrors (without having read most of it beforehand).

The party is 3 rogue-type characters, a fighter-type character, and my Sorcerer and Cleric.

My first character is a Necropolitan Sorcerer 8(+1 from the Greater Draconic Rite f Passage, +1 more from a houserule). The other chracter is a Kobold (Cloistered) Cleric. The problem is that I've never played a full caster before (though I've built quite a few).

I have no clue what spells to pick up for either character, or what war to give them, besides items of [ability score]. I also need to pick another domain and an SLA to get 3/day from the Draconic Rite of Passage.

Houserules in effect:
Sorcerers cast as if one level higher (i.e. get new spell levels on odd level).
A few other mostly irrelevant things like using 3 skill points to take ranks in Knowledge (all).

The only spells I'm sure I'll have are Rope Trick, a the spells of the Kobold Domain for the Cleric.

Please help me!

Healing belt!!!!!!!
Offensive wands with no saves!