PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for an unarmed swordsage (luchador)

A Tad Insane
2014-03-10, 10:20 PM
So after reading the best monk related story of all time, ever, I decided to make a swordsage in the same vein. When I started thinking about feats, I really could only think of superior unarmed strike, improved grapple, and maybe improved trip/bullrush. I was wondering if the playground has any other feats they would recommend.
The stats I have so far are
Human swordsage 1

I'm focusing on setting sun for wrestling-like throws, diamond mind for shenanigans, stone dragon for the damage, and maybe some tiger claw. Also, I get improved UA for free.

Thanks in advance

Adverb
2014-03-12, 04:58 PM
Improved Trip plus Mighty Throw (and its ilk) is pretty sweet.

If you really want to do the wrestling thing, consider Scorpion's Grasp.

Zweisteine
2014-03-12, 06:03 PM
What monk-related story do you speak of?

Never mind, that was a silly question.

sleepyphoenixx
2014-03-12, 06:37 PM
Snap Kick is nice for unarmed builds.
If you go with Improved Trip you should get Knock-Down too.
Grapple needs size increases and is pretty much inferior to Setting Sun throws and not worth spending feats on imo.
For bull rush you'll want to dip into fighter for Dungeon Crasher.

Depending on how high the campaign will go you may want to multiclass, if only to get better access to high level stances/maneuvers because the normal distribution sucks.
Fighter is nice if you want to bull rush as mentioned.
2 levels of Barbarian add Pounce and Improved Trip.
A 2 level dip into Totemist can get you a whole bunch of natural attacks (up to 5).
A 1 level dip into Shiba Protector adds Wisdom to hit and damage. It costs 3 useless feats though so it's probably out unless flaws are allowed.
A 1 level dip into Warblade (@ level 9 or later) adds a stance, 1 maneuver with a better refreshing mechanic (take a strike so you can use your Swordsage maneuvers for utility) and Iron Heart Surge + White Raven Tactics.