PDA

View Full Version : Ways to force warlock into jpm?

CyberThread
2014-03-10, 11:07 PM
What way can you force warlock to shoehorn into the jade phoinex mage arcane requirements, without using another arcane caster?

Larkas
2014-03-10, 11:09 PM
What way can you force warlock to shoehorn into the jade phoinex mage arcane requirements, without using another arcane caster?

Precocious Apprentice, basically.

Erik Vale
2014-03-10, 11:11 PM
And Magic Training.

Basically, be a 1st level human who has magical training and is a precocious apprentice, or be a flawed being who is a precocious apprentice and is magically trained.

CyberThread
2014-03-10, 11:25 PM
so looking over options....

Warlock abilities do not benefit or trigger

Mystic Phoenix Stance
Empowering Strike
Firebird Stance
Quickening Strike

but my awesome magical training, 3 spells that are level 0 , can ?

Shinken
2014-03-10, 11:35 PM
Warlock can't use most of JPM abilities. I wouldn't bother.

Cog
2014-03-11, 12:02 AM
Warlock can't use most of JPM abilities. I wouldn't bother.
Not the class features, anyway. You might be able to find some useful interactions between the maneuvers and, say, Eldritch Glaive, but even that's going to be tricky - you'll mostly be limited to defensive maneuvers and boosts.

There is one build, but it's pretty narrow. A dragonmarked halfling can get into the Nosomatic Chirurgeon prestige class with a bit of skill-fu, which lets you spontaneously trade SLA uses for Inflict-line spells. Those could benefit from the X Strike abilities, and if you can find a way to add the Fire descriptor, you could benefit from Firebird Stance as well. I'm still not sure I'd recommend it.

Shinken
2014-03-11, 12:31 AM
Not the class features, anyway. You might be able to find some useful interactions between the maneuvers and, say, Eldritch Glaive, but even that's going to be tricky - you'll mostly be limited to defensive maneuvers and boosts.
It gets better with Eldritch Claw.
For a glaivelock, a Warblade dip is all you need, really.

There is one build, but it's pretty narrow. A dragonmarked halfling can get into the Nosomatic Chirurgeon prestige class with a bit of skill-fu, which lets you spontaneously trade SLA uses for Inflict-line spells. Those could benefit from the X Strike abilities, and if you can find a way to add the Fire descriptor, you could benefit from Firebird Stance as well. I'm still not sure I'd recommend it.
You know, I think Heartfire Fanner (Dragon #314) might actually do something like that.