PDA

View Full Version : [PF/3.5] Divine Hunter Paladin Suggestions

Rasman
2014-03-11, 02:46 AM
For a while now I have heard that Paladin Archers are really strong in Pathfinder right now and my current game is inching closer and closer to the end, so I'm thinking this might be something I might try.

I was wondering, since Paladins only get the feat every other level, if there were any specific feats worth taking. Currently I have the character's feats picked out until level 11 with Weapon Focus, Pointblack Shot (From Human), Precise Shot (From the class), Deadly Aim, Rapid Shot, Snap Shot, Improved Snap Shot, and Improved Precise Shot. I am more than open to build suggestions since I like to plot out my characters all the way to 20.

Thanks for you time in advance.

Bearlock
2014-03-11, 04:18 AM
An archer paladin can be a strong character, but the divine hunter archetype can be an iffy proposition. At lower levels you can nab Precise Shot for free, but if you're planning on taking the character all the way to 20 you might be better served going standard paladin and using a feat on Precise Shot. Standard paladin offers IMO better class features. Divine Hunter does give you a few auras that improve other PC's ranged attacks, but if you're the only one with ranged focus, its kind of a waste. And one of them gives you the option to spend a smite evil to gain the benefits of feats you would already be taking for a limited time. Thats a smite better spent on actually, you know, smiting.

Also a standard paladin can also divine bond any weapon, not just a ranged one, which helps you become more versatile, and overall the auras will be more useful to the party overall.

Now, like i said, these things are only really relevant for long term 20th level play.

Have to look into feats later, Clustered Shots may be applicable, but you can usually use divine bond to get around a DR issue.