PDA

View Full Version : Regaining Humanity

Ace Nex
2014-03-11, 03:02 AM
DM has a ruling that undead and evil outsiders are reprogrammed towards evil and lose their humanity. They retain base personality, but their alignment shifts to evil. Are their any mind fixing spells that can undo this, like Sanctify the Wicked, but it doesn't take a year?

Doc_Maynot
2014-03-11, 03:06 AM
Mindrape and Programmed Amnesia IIRC can do that, with mindrape being a 1 action, instantaneous spell.

Erik Vale
2014-03-11, 03:42 AM
Transformations from savage species. [Gain or lose a alignment subtype]
Helm of Opposite Alignment [may need replications]
Prolonged Isolation of 1+Years with nothing to do but think [since that's basically Sanctify The Wicked]

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

BWR
2014-03-11, 04:01 AM
Mindrape and Programmed Amnesia IIRC can do that, with mindrape being a 1 action, instantaneous spell.

Those are both mind-affecting, and undead are immune to mind-affecting effects. I don't know if this is one of those cases where they can voluntarily lower immunity, but I wouldn't think so.

TuggyNE
2014-03-11, 04:43 AM
DM has a ruling that undead and evil outsiders are reprogrammed towards evil and lose their humanity. They retain base personality, but their alignment shifts to evil. Are their any mind fixing spells that can undo this, like Sanctify the Wicked, but it doesn't take a year?

I wouldn't even call that a ruling, but whatever.

Anyway, atonement can do this for undead, but only if they actually want to switch back.

Khatoblepas
2014-03-11, 04:50 AM
Those are both mind-affecting, and undead are immune to mind-affecting effects. I don't know if this is one of those cases where they can voluntarily lower immunity, but I wouldn't think so.

The Song of the Dead (Dragon Compendium) metamagic feat should help here, it allows Mind Affecting spells to work on Undead.

Rubik
2014-03-11, 10:45 AM
Immunity to [mind-affecting] effects is due to the undead type, so hit them with Metamorphosis or Aspect of the Wolf or some other effect that changes their type to anything but undead or construct (unless they gain the living construct subtype) and then hit them with whatever [mind-affecting] thing, like Mindrape or what have you, that you want.

hymer
2014-03-11, 12:01 PM
Resurrection can do the trick, but not if you want to remain undead. It sounds a little like you're trying to fight the DM on this. Conversation might be more productive.