2014-03-11, 09:30 AM
Hi guys. I'm playing a 1/2 orc Barbarian with these stats:

Strength 21
Dexterity 18
Constitution 18
Intelligence 17
Wisdom 12
Charisma 16

For feats I have blooded (which can be swapped out) and (special)
Uncanny dodge and Rage power/quick reflexes.
I'm about to go to 2nd level and would like to know your
recommendations for advancement up to 6th or so for a damage
dealer. All books are open (except psionics) with house rules in
effect.Single class only. Everything has to be OK'd by He Who Must Not Be Named.

Thanks again for the input!!!!

PaucaTerrorem
2014-03-11, 11:15 AM
First off; How and why is your INT 17? Can this be swapped for WIS?

Mootsmcboots
2014-03-11, 11:15 AM
Well, I play a HalfOrc Barbar myself right now.

I go with the classic Power Attack+Leap Attack+Shock Trooper. Which is crazy mad damage on a 2 handed weapon.

With that Dex score you could make good use of Combat Reflexes/Robilars Gambit/Thicket of blades. For craxy AOO awesomeness.

Theres a good guide here called Being Bane, all about BARBAR building

Darth Yoda
2014-03-11, 08:44 PM
17 int is due to "dumb DM rules". He thinks if he boosts the characters high at first level it's ok to kill us off.

I've looked this site over and never saw Being Bane...... Will look again. Thanks for your input guys.
Forgot to mention......... uses a falchion for 18-20 crits.

Mootsmcboots
2014-03-12, 04:01 PM
Being Bane: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105525

Also, throw keen on that falchion to increase the crit range. And get some Strongarm bracers and wield an over sized one.

mangosta71
2014-03-12, 04:09 PM
Get a Scabbard of Keen Edges rather than applying keen to your weapon - it's cheaper in the long run because it's transferable (and doesn't tie up weapon enhancement bonuses to boot).

Can you use the Lion totem ACF to get Pounce? Full attack on charge is the reason people use barbarian for ubercharger builds.

Robilar's Gambit requires +12BAB, so you won't be able to get that for quite a while. But it's something to look forward to if the campaign will last that long. The only feat prereq is Combat reflexes, which isn't bad with that Dex score.