PDA

View Full Version : Duration on persistable spells

fuzzybits
2014-03-11, 11:15 AM
I have a couple of questions regarding the duration requirement for persistable spells. These are all general use questions and not about a specific spell in general. I'm working on generating a list of all persistable spells (or at least probably persistable, it will have to be actually verified).

Firstly, I wanted to confirm that a dismissible spells do not necessarily count as discharged spells, unless they specify otherwise in the spell description.

Secondly, would any thing with an until ______ count as discharged for purposes of non persistable? All relevant examples are as follows:
until all beams are exhausted
until awakened
until broken
until caster returns to his body
until completed
until desired spells are restudied
until destroyed
until discharged
until dispelled
until ended
until escaped
until exhausted
until expended
until landing
until opened
until released
until target dies
until the recipient eats food
until triggered
until underlying flight effect lapses
until used
until you are killed
until you return to your body

NoACWarrior
2014-03-11, 05:21 PM
If you are talking about Persist Metamagic then anything with a duration of 1 round at least can last 24 hours, but the mechanics for the spell remain unchanged.

First question, I believe that to be correct, except in the case of concentration based spells (you'd have to concentrate for 24 hours to get the new full persisted duration).

Second question, I believe that to be correct as well.

Edit: I was originally wrong, didn't read the 2nd line haha!

TuggyNE
2014-03-11, 05:44 PM
Firstly, I wanted to confirm that a dismissible spells do not necessarily count as discharged spells, unless they specify otherwise in the spell description.

As far as I know, yes.

Secondly, would any thing with an until ______ count as discharged for purposes of non persistable?

Almost certainly.

fuzzybits
2014-03-12, 06:57 AM
Thanks guys. This totally answers my question.