PDA

View Full Version : Good Antipaladins

roko10
2014-03-11, 11:38 AM
Could you play a Good-Aligned antipaladin?

I want to play one, but my DM restricts the alignments to Non-Evil.

ArendK
2014-03-11, 11:45 AM
A paladin?

Nihilarian
2014-03-11, 11:51 AM
No. Antipaladins are CE, same as Paladins are LG.

HaikenEdge
2014-03-11, 11:56 AM
Are you thinking more along the lines of a Paladin of Freedom?

Chronos
2014-03-11, 01:43 PM
There is no such thing as an antipaladin in D&D 3rd edition. There is the blackguard, a paladinish prestige class open to any evil character, which gives extra abilities if you happen to be a fallen paladin, and there are the paladin of slaughter and paladin of tyranny (and the paladin of freedom) which are class variants with one or two minor abilities changed and a different alignment requirement.

Nihilarian
2014-03-11, 02:48 PM
There is no such thing as an antipaladin in D&D 3rd edition. There is the blackguard, a paladinish prestige class open to any evil character, which gives extra abilities if you happen to be a fallen paladin, and there are the paladin of slaughter and paladin of tyranny (and the paladin of freedom) which are class variants with one or two minor abilities changed and a different alignment requirement.He's probably talking about Pathfinder.

CyberThread
2014-03-11, 03:21 PM
Antipaladin is a dragon magazine variant folks.

MrNobody
2014-03-11, 03:51 PM
Since i suppose you are playing Pathfinder, i can suggest you this solution, that is not by RAW but that i find manageable.

1) Take the standard paladin.
2) Apply "sacred servant" archetype (Advanced player guide): you get some abilities and a domain.
3) Now that you have a domain, apply "Separatist" cleric archetype.

Rules states that A character can take more than one archetype and garner additional alternate class features, but none of the alternate class features can replace or alter the same class feature.

The first archetype alters a bunch of abilities plus the "spells" entry, the second alters the "cleric's domain" entry, so they are altering (sort of) different abilities.

All this may not be fully legal, nor RAW, nor RAI, but if you are open to homebrewing can give you a good paladin that can be at the same time good AND enemy of other good paladins.