PDA

View Full Version : what prc raise a base class above its tier?

CyberThread
2014-03-11, 03:45 PM
Besides tier one and two base classes. What prcs really give a tier 3, 4, and 5 more options then the base class could really offer?

Snowbluff
2014-03-11, 03:51 PM
There's a guide for this. Googled it. (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=1573.0)

Off the top of my head:
Suel Arcanamach
Warmind
That one Faerun mage knight PrC.
All ToB PrCs, if entered without a ToB class.
Chameleon.

Amphetryon
2014-03-11, 03:53 PM
Besides tier one and two base classes. What prcs really give a tier 3, 4, and 5 more options then the base class could really offer?

Almost any full-caster (or even near full-caster) PrC that includes additional spells known can be of benefit to a fixed-list caster, be it Beguiler, Dread Necromancer, or Warmage.

Kennisiou
2014-03-11, 04:02 PM
Master of Many Forms for wildshape ranger/wildmonk.

CyberThread
2014-03-11, 04:10 PM
There's a guide for this. Googled it. (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=1573.0)

Off the top of my head:
Suel Arcanamach
Warmind
That one Faerun mage knight PrC.
All ToB PrCs, if entered without a ToB class.
Chameleon.

Silvermoon?

Curmudgeon
2014-03-11, 04:28 PM
There's Ur-Priest, of course (Complete Divine, page 70): 9th-level divine spellcasting in a 10-level PrC.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2014-03-11, 04:37 PM
Rainbow Servant for Beguiler, Warmage, and Dread Necro.
Sublime Chord for Bard.
Runescarred Berserker for anyone that qualifies.
Emissary of Barachiel for a Healer or Adept or other caster.
Warshaper and/or Master of Many Forms for a Changeling (depending) or Wildshape Ranger or Divine Minion.
Etc.

Basically anything listed in the Marvelous Tier (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=h9samufbs0skreph3k7m6u3814&topic=1573.0;msg=14926) prestige classes (+2).

OldTrees1
2014-03-11, 04:44 PM
Soul Eater
War Hulk

The-Mage-King
2014-03-11, 05:08 PM
I'd argue Sandshaper can give a fixed-list caster a bump in tier. It adds a mess of spells (options), after all.

Petrocorus
2014-03-11, 06:26 PM
Any PrC that gives spellcasting to a non-caster can and probably will improves its tier, unless the spell list is really dumb.
Suel Arcanamach, Vigilant, Divine Crusader, Disciple of Thrym, Ebonmar Infiltrator, Champion of Gwynharwyf etc.

PrC that allow a warrior type to do thing outside fighting can also make him go up to T3 if is not there already or maybe high T3 if it's already low T3. Going to T2 need getting some very powerful stuffs i.e. 8th -9th level spell or equivalent. So, only Ur-Priest, Sublime Chord, Divine Crusader / PrC that gives domain, PrC that gives a very powerful ability will work.

The Encyclopedia Vinculum Draconis (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=11953.msg204497#msg204497) has a quite exhaustive list of PrC and list what kind they are.

Emissary of Barachiel for a Healer or Adept or other caster.

Emissary of Barachiel has its own casting progression, i don't see how it will improve a caster?

CyberThread
2014-03-11, 07:26 PM
oh wow, vigilante spell list is amazing.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2014-03-11, 07:27 PM
Emissary of Barachiel has its own casting progression, i don't see how it will improve a caster?

I mistook it for Sentinel of Bharrai.

Urpriest
2014-03-11, 07:39 PM

Their spells per day are pretty impressive too.:smallwink:

Petrocorus
2014-03-11, 08:11 PM
Indeed, and the fluff and other features are good too.
The PrC of the kind with the best spell list however is the Suel Arcanamach. 4 whole school of the wizard spell list.

I mistook it for Sentinel of Bharrai.

OK. I never tried to build Sentinel of Bharrai on a warrior character with a Suel -like PrC, might be good.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2014-03-11, 08:58 PM
OK. I never tried to build Sentinel of Bharrai on a warrior character with a Suel -like PrC, might be good.

What I meant was, take Sentinel of Bharrai on a Healer or Adept to raise it above its tier. I just got the name of the prestige class mixed up.

CyberThread
2014-03-11, 09:21 PM
What I meant was, take Sentinel of Bharrai on a Healer or Adept to raise it above its tier. I just got the name of the prestige class mixed up.

so about at will dire bear form , and once a day lighting strikes make it tier 4? HP and BAB would still be incredibly low.