PDA

View Full Version : Nature's Call

AlanBruce
2014-03-11, 06:53 PM
Day 97

Uwellyn's training has been harrowing, to say the least.

"You used to sleep in a Rope Trick, was it? That is no way for a druid to be attuned to Nature, Alex. From now on, you will sleep in the wilds. Outside. Find a tree, call it your own. Or use the ground. Find a log, sleep under it. Learn to climb trees with ease. Later, you will not need to, but for now, the basics."

As the days wore on, uwellyn takes you to different parts of the forest, some which you did not visit during your first trek when stopping Kazym.

You find yourself in an abandoned grove with tall trees all around. a few have been marked with ancient fey stones.

"The Amantar Silach, Alex. The Grove of the Keepers of the Wood. Here is where a druid comes to choose his path. In your case, your weapon, for starters. I chose a scimitar, because I am lithe and quick, so such a weapon helps me move faster and strike equally as quick. Choose a tree, this will be your signature tree, alex. You will never be able to tell others about this place. Now, select the tree you want and take your time. Carve the weapon you want. always with respect to the trees here, for they will be lending you their power. Balion also came here, centuries ago. And he chose the scythe. What will you choose?"

dantiesilva
2014-03-11, 07:27 PM
As Uwellyn talks about how he used to sleep in a rope trick Alex bows to his mentor, she had been stern throughout the training however it was what he needed he knew to learn. If it was not a challenge to him it would not help him learn. I have not always used such things Uwellyn, in fact up until recently I always preferred a tent. Alex explains as he smiles to her and thinks. From what you have taught me every person has their own tree made just for them in each part of the world. And threw my training with you I have seen much of this forest, however I have no doubt it is not but a small comparison to how large it truly is. Only one tree however feels just right. Alex says looking away for a moment. Casyllyns tree would be that tree Uwellyn, now I have no doubt you will object to this however lets look at what you have taught me. Alex says taking a breath before going on.

you just now told me to find a tree and make it my own. You have also said a druid should always trust his instincts in choices like this. If she will have me I wish to sleep by your sisters tree. Alex says with much respect so Uwellyn knew he was not just saying this.

When they arrive at the ancient grove Alex pauses a moment outside, feeling the power withheld inside. Are you sure it is ok for me to enter, I can feel something, as if this place is protected. Alex says before following his mentor into Amantar Silach. Listening to the reason he was here he looks to all the trees around them before looking to Uwellyn. Is their a certain amount of time limit? Alex asks as he moves to the center of the grove and begins to sit down, as if connecting himself to the grove around him as he closes his eyes.

Minutes, hours, days go by as Alex sits in the center of the grove, not moving from his trance like state as his mind tried to feel each tree and see with more then just his eyes what each tree truly was. It was not until the third day Alex stood and with a green glow in his hands moves to a tree made of darkwood and using the magic to not harm the tree has the bark of the tree regress into it, his eyes always closed, until a scythe appears imbedded into the tree, with its bark pushed in. Looking to his mentor he says softly, not knowing if this was a good omen or bad. It seems the weapon of Balion shall be my tool as well to help shape the world. I only hope that I can be a better student then he. Alex says bowing his head in respect to the trees.

AlanBruce
2014-03-11, 08:43 PM
@Alex: Uwellyn listens to your ideas about a tree and goes silent before walking towards one and passing her hand over the cold bark.

"Dryads like myself and Casyllyn are attuned to a tree. It is an extension of us. In the same way Anzaril is connected to the Font of Life. I do not know if she will allow you to share her tree, but if you ask, I am certain she will not object to you staying in a tree adjacent to hers."

Once at the sacred grove, Uwellyn looks at you.

"Balion asked the same thing when he was brought here. If the spirits of the land did not want it to be so, you would not be here. Take as much time as needed. This is a journey that is not limited by schedules. Nature takes its course at the right moment. Never too fast or too slow, but when it's time. Learn that, Alex, and go find the tree that best suits you."

Day 100

Sitting at the center of Amantar Silach, you go in deep concentration as the rustling of the leaves and the sounds of the birds above intesify.

You are slowly beginning to rapport with Nature.

And she is accepting this invitation.

Once three days have gone by, you get up and, as if by inertia, walk towards one of the trees and place your hand on it as the outline of a scythe is formed on its bark.

Uwellyn walks up to you and looks at the tree.

"Same weapon as him... very well. You gave your word and I expect you to follow it. This shall be your weapon of choice. Either you called it, or it called you. In the following days, I want you to carve out your scythe's haft. Once that is done, we shall find the metal for its bladed tip."

dantiesilva
2014-03-11, 08:55 PM
I do not ask to sleep in her tree, merely by its side. I understand that the fey, like the elves enjoy their personal space and when they are ready to accept you they will come to you. I would not wish to be so rude as to Share her tree in such a way. Alex explains seeing how a humans mind would be so much different from the thought process of a dryads.

December 9th

As the full power of winter has taken over Alex no longer feels the bitter bite of its frost at his body, learning to live with it, and how to protect his body from it. Both threw magical and mundane means. Looking at the tree he had chosen and the weapon marked inside the tree Alex looks around for a fallen branch. Seeing none however he notes that these trees seem to be the healthiest of all those in the fey woods, as if something stops them from even losing branches. Placing his hand on the tree again he turns to Uwellyn. I swear upon this sacred tree, that I now ask to shed a limb so that I may become a part of it, that I will uphold my vows I have made to the fey. And if ever I were to break this oath may my this tree take from me the life it is giving to me by shedding to me one of its limbs. Alex says, trying to tie his life force to the tree so that it would know if he ever broke his vow and be able to take from him all that it had given.

AlanBruce
2014-03-11, 10:10 PM
@Alex: Uwellyn listens to your pledge and gestures for you to walk with her outside the sacred grove.

"You will now devote yourself to working on your haft. As for the metal, I have an idea of where we can find one that will help tremendously. A word of warning, though: It is below ground, with Enoka. A druid is not limited to the woodland areas of the Oerth. One can find a druid anywhere- surprisingly, even in human settlements."

Day 107

The frost has increased greatly as Uwellyn walks a few paces ahead of you and you struggle to walk through the thick snow.

The elder dryad turns to look at you as the blizzard obscures her fine features.

"Use the powers you have learned so far, Alex! Keep working on that haft as we trek. And always be aware of your surroundings. nature can be harsh, but it isn't evil."

At long last, you reach a familiar cave entrance with frozen strands of web.

"What we need is inside, alex. We'll go together. Enoka does not like the cold. and neither do her children. Hopefully, they have enough food inside for the winter...if they don't, well. Let's go."

Uwellyn shifts into an eagle and soars down as you slide through the long tunnel and feel the warmth of the udnerground as a multitude of eyes look at you from the darkness.

Well... this is one face I have not seen in awhile. The paladin Alexander and Uwellyn of the Eastern Coven! Come to visit my domain of your own free will?

Legs and chittering sounds can be heard all around you as uwellyn turns back to her dryad self and addresses one of the caverns.

"Enoka! Alex is under training to become a druid! I know you possess a rare metal that fell from the sky! One of your treasures! We humbly ask for it, that Alexander's weapon may better protect these woods!"

Enoka laughs.

Oh, Uwellyn! You come here demanding? How unlike you. Why should I part with my treasure? And why would I allow alexander to gain access to it. A scythe...that's Balion all over again!

dantiesilva
2014-03-11, 10:38 PM
Hearing that his next trail had to deal with Enoka a small smirk comes across Alex's face as he remembers the night they shared. This would probably be the easiest thing she had asked him to do.

December 16th

The forest had now become almost impassible in the ways of the mundane, but that did not stop Alexs training as Uwellyn day in and day out had him walk to Enoka's domain, always working on the haft of his blade while trying to pay attention to the outside world. Something that was not easy for alex for though he had become quite skilled with crafting, and making shelter. His ability to listen to the world around him, and see what the animals of the woods saw was far from acceptable and he knew it.

It took most of that day to finally reach Enoka's hallow, where one of the many entrances to her subterranean kingdom thrived. And though he heard his mentors words he knew the queen of the spiders was already aware of their presence by all the webbing, even frozen as it was they would know. So when Enoka's voice called out from the dark Alex was not at all surprised.

Listening to the two fey guardians batter back and forth Alex steps foward away from his mentor and ahead of her so that Enoka and all her children knew he was leaving himself open to attack. Lady Enoka, it has been to long since I have visited you, however last time you did mention your web and I paid close attention to your warning. I would not come here to disturb you and your children unless it was needed. Alex says to the many eyes watching him. Nor would I ask for a treasure without offering one in return. Alex says letting this all sink into the sylvan spiders head. To prove my devotion to the woods, and that I am not another Balion just as before I offer you a meal to eat of my own free will. For to receive something in the natural world you must first give. Alex says as he looks around. I have offered you my body before to sustain your hunger for a time, and I offer it to you again. For the entire winter if it is needed, so that each time you call to me in need of food I shall come, as part of my debt to you for the tool you will be allowing me to use. Alex says waiting patiently for a reply.

AlanBruce
2014-03-11, 11:58 PM
@Alex: You step towards the center of Enoka's Hollow as her daughters watch you with hungry eyes.

Stretching your arms wide and showing no weapons or armor, you offer yourself once more to the Sylvan Spider.

Enoka steps forth from her cave in her hybrid form- that of a female elf with coppery skin and long dark green hair as her eight eyes fix on you.

"You did offer yourself once to me, Alex. And you were spared. However, if you were to offer yourself to me again, there is no guarantee you will come out alive..."

Uwellyn looks up at Enoka and points to the deeper roads underground.

"Was Alex and the others, along with me who cast off the Meiner Freuden Kind from your demesne? You certainly have not forgotten, have you? Alex is here to train. He wants to follow the Natural World and..."

Enoka looks at Uwellyn as a gigantic spider leg lands between both of you.

"Do not lecture me about the Natural World, dryad! I was here way before you and Casyllyn. I know how the Natural World works- it's eat or be eaten..."

Enoka looks at her brood in the shadows and then at both.

"But it is true- you did prevent something unnatural from disturbing my family. Aboveground and here. A word of caution, though- this winter is colder than usual, Uwellyn. You have felt it, no?"

Uwellyn goes silent as she looks at the far side of the Hollows.

Enoka tosses a piece of green shining metal that crates a small crater at your feet.

"Your silence is answer enough, Uwellyn. Continue on your training, Alex. For what it's worth, these woods might need a new Balion after all. Now leave my presence."

Uwellyn picks up the green metal and carries it with her as you walk further down the deep tunnels of the earth.

"They call this Star Metal, Alex. Very rare. It should be able to be forged into a blade with properties beyond anything I've known. However. During this time, we shall stay at the Ruins of Bonnlach Mere. You remember that place, don't you? Where we faced off against the Child Stealer. There is where you shall train for the next part of your conversion to druidism. It is there as well, away from eyes and ears, that I shall teach you the sacred and secret language of the druids."

dantiesilva
2014-03-12, 01:00 PM
These woods will never need a new Balion, only for a new guardian to step forward to protect it and all those who dwell within. Alex says as he bows before Enoka and kisses her coppery hand. May you and your brood live until the end of days Queen Enoka of the spiders, and may our next meeting be as pleasant as all those that have come before. I will not forget the debt I owe you for this precious gift you have given me. Alex then rises, while still holding her hand. If ever you or your brood are in need, you have my word that all you must do is summon me, and I will come. That no natural force will be able to stop me as long as I breath until my debt is repaid. Alex finishes, before letting her hand go and following Uwellyn deeper into the earth.

I remember the place well my teacher, however did we not destroy it when last we were their? And what exactly did LAdy Enoka mean when she said the winter has been colder then normal? From the stories I heard the only way that would be possible is if the other court had returned, and for that to happen the Stag would have to be dead. Alex states, worried that the state of the fey woods may be worst then he had originally thought. They may have simply saved it from one destroyer to place it in the hands of another. Has the crazed one made a move against the woods? I knew the others said he was insane, however you all thought he was harmless, or so I thought. Alex says wondering if this Mug ruith could be causing the trouble. His mind wondering on how hard it would be to learn yet another new language as they walked.

AlanBruce
2014-03-12, 06:20 PM
@Alex: Enoka, the Sylvan Spider, descends on inviisble threads before you as she extends her coppery hand as you kiss it.

"A bold pledge, Alex. I hope you can live up to it. One day, I may call on you for this. As ancient as I am, I do not know what this piece of the skies can do, but maybe mortals, with their constant traveling and ever curious minds can tell you if it serves a purpose."

Enoka then looks at Uwellyn.

"His training is far from over, isn't it, Uwellyn. You can both pass through my Hollows undisturbed."

Uwellyn bows and walks with you deeper towards Bonnlach Mere when you ask the elder dryad what Enoka referred to.

The elder dryad of the Eatsern Coven goes silent as you reach the entrance to Bonnlach Mere, collapsed by Arrallae's power and covered in thick vines.

"Winter is colder this year, yes..."

Uwellyn looks at you as her expression goes serious.

"The Myridan Stag is gone, Alex. I have looked all over. Called to him. I know he is not dead, for I would have felt his passing. and so would Arrallae. Casyllyn and I have been attempting to divine where he might be, but it would appear the Myridan Stag has simply dissapeared from these Woods. That is not something that was stipulated in the Verenestrian Pact. It was never considered. The Stag cannot be captured, not by mortal means. I...I do not know what will happen. The Unseelie Court has not manifested yet, and that is good enough for me, but whoever took the Stag clearly does not have good intentions for him. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCXO6c3VNHA)

On your inquiry regarding Mug Ruith, Uwellyn shakes her head.

"An old harmless fool. I have been keeping my eyes on him when you all left. He has remained in Moruga Swamp with his plants, who by now may be hibernating for the winter. For now, you need to focus on your training."

Uwellyn looks at the plants and the darkness around you.

"You mentioned you were planning to serve the gods and channel Nature, no? Very well, I want you to find that merger between both. Bring the Sun's light to this place and tap into the power of Nature to move those plants. Once that is done, we shall continue with our training."

dantiesilva
2014-03-12, 07:27 PM
I can count how many times I have not been able to keep my word on one hand Enoka. You do not need to worry about my bond I have sworn. Alex says kindly to her as she grants them permission to pass threw her domain.

At the entrance to Bonnlach Mere Alex listens to the tale of how the stag had simply vanished, and no doubt kidnapped. Do you thin it is possible the others will notice the weakness in the veil and test its boundaries? Alex asks, genuine concern on his face. If the woods are in danger then my training means nothing at this time until all those who reside in it are safe. I do not know why you did not tell me sooner. We may have had him back by now if you had. I will contact the gods. Alex says as he gets ready to do so only to be told his next mission.

Not having the time for riddles Alex lifts up his holy symbol of Pelor as a golden light shines forth from it, and his voice travels to the plants around them. Please move out of our way so that I can go save the Myridan stag before all is to late.

Using greater turning and command plants from my two domains.

AlanBruce
2014-03-12, 07:49 PM
@Alex: Uwellyn shakes her head at your words.

"The Myrdian Stag disappeared shortly after all of you left the Fey Woods. I do not know if the seal will remain in place during his absence. That he is alive, that I am certain of. But whether his influence may be able to extend beyond the boundaries of these woods, is beyond my knowledge. As for your training, if Windemere is to come back with the Unseelie Host, it is paramount that you continue. Her minions can harness the power of Nature as well. And I am only one. This forest will need more druids attuned to it so as to protect it."

You then call on the powers of the Sun, that can reach even the darkest corners of Oerth and order the mass of plants to move aside as pieces of Bonnlach mere crumble at the sheer weight of the vegetative mass receding.

Uwellyn smiles as she takes a few steps forward.

"You have done well, alex. Now, I need to see something..."

You follow the dryad to the room where the fight against the Child Stealer took place.

The portal is still blocked, with the petrified remains of the fey children.

Uwellyn places her hand on one of them as she shuts her eyes and a tear goes down her cheek.

"Forever protecting these woods, aren't you? The wound is still fresh, but I wanted to see if this piortal had been compromised. It seems it remains. Windemere will not come through here."

Day 114

You have already left Bonnlach Mere and the cold is becoming stronger as you and Uwellyn leap from branch to branch, avoiding the snow below.

"You must remember, Alex- a druid can never be found if they do not want to. Even in solid snow such as this. Learn the ways of the land to cheat your pursuers. We are getting close."

Uwellyn lands on a different grove, but this one does not have trees.

It has stone statues that seem ancient. very, very old.

"The Circle of Rebirth, Alex. It is here where you will be chosen by your animal spirit. If you are successful, you will be able to channel their power and be one and the same. Now meditate. This will take a few days, but you will hear the call. It is up to you if you answer."

dantiesilva
2014-03-12, 08:06 PM
As Alex hears when the Myrdian Stag went missing he looks to Uwellyn as he asks, And Belladonna? I heard she has vanished as well and no one can find her, could they be connected? Alex asks hoping she would trust him with the truth. If you believe that is true then I shall continue my training. This place is just as much my home now as it is yours. Ever since I came to these woods I knew it.

As the two enter the acursed ruins in which the child stealer made his home Alex watches as Uwellyn goes up to check the seal, and her daughter. Walking up behind his mentor Alex slowly wraps his arms around her, trying to sooth the dryad as he sings of his homeland deep in the desert and the magic that it holds trying to bring a smile to her face. Your daughter would not want to see you like this Uwellyn, neither would your lover. They would both want you to be happy and live your life. Alex says softly in the ruins of Bonnlach Mere, trying his hardest to comfort his teacher.

December 23rd

Days after the incident in Bonnlach Mere Alex finds himself once again on the move, being reminded to keep his tracks hidden. I am sorry Uwellyn, I am simply not used to having to hide my tracks, something I will have to remember. Alex says running behind the druid as he tries to keep up with her, but do to his large frame has a much harder time weaving in and out of the trees then the nimble Dryad.

It is not until they arrive at the groove that Alex stops, looking at the two statues as she explains what this place is. I will do my best. Will you be here waiting the entire time with me? Alex asks wondering if she would be staying or watching threw the trees and animals.

AlanBruce
2014-03-12, 08:16 PM
@Alex: As you look at the statues in the grove, Uwellyn extends her hand to you.

"Your haft and the star metal, Alex. Once this is done, you will be given something that attunes to you and you only. The call of the spirits is a private matter. I cannot be present and observe. Take as long as you want."

dantiesilva
2014-03-12, 09:16 PM
As his teacher asks for the haft he had been working on for weeks now and the star metal they had received from Enoka Alex hands it over without question. I only have one request, I want your sister to be the first to see me after I speak to the spirits. Alex says kindly and with respect. As you know I have not been able to spend any of the time with her I had hoped I would have been able to, and this is something I would like to share with her. Alex says hoping she would understand, and that her sister was in fact still awake.

December 25th

Alex had sat for two days in complete silence, letting his soul leave his body as it explored the forest around him, traveling with an animal that caught his attention for a short time before moving onto the next. It was not until he heard the sound of snoring as an eagle that he stopped and flew down towards a set of caves. And inside the cave was a sleeping black bear. Even from so far away them two seem to keep calling me. Alex seems to laugh as he looks at the bear, but no longer is it asleep, but awake. Mortal what are you doing in my cave awakening me from my slumber? I have come on a quest to find my other half. a deep hearty laugh can be heard from deep within the cave. And you think you are worthy? Defend yourself mortal if you want, I will make this quick if you are smart though. And with that the bear charges.

The battle is intense as a spear appears in Alexanders hands as the bear charges and the two colide, both beast and man throw all their force at each other, neither backing down. What seems like months later the battle finally ends, the bear at Alex's feet. Thats when he opens his eyes and see it is no longer snowing around him as blue lights surround him and wash him in their energy. Next the sky opens as the world he was in seems to break into the real world, animals passing above him in the sky. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnJDdaUQNRI)

Next thing Alex knew was pain as he looked at his hands changing into a great bears paws as his ribs expanded and fur began to grow all over him. Lastly his jaw elongates into a muzzle. ROARRRRRRRR!!!!!! is what comes out of Alexs muzzle as the transformation is complete and he looks at the world now threw his new eyes and form. He was no longer a human, no he was much more, he could feel the power of a bear running threw his veins, he could smell the trees all around him, each having their own scent. Turning around he looks to the south as he hears an almost inaudiable footfall. Giving a warning growl Alex slowly begins to amble the way of the noise. His nose constantly sniffing for any signs of danger.

AlanBruce
2014-03-13, 03:45 AM
@Alex: Uwellyn smiles.

"Meditate, Alex. Commune with the land. Once it is done, you will get to see her. So long."

It would take two days as your body and spirit rapported with the entire forest. The falling leaf. The creaking twig miles away.

The flight of the eagle.

The howl of the wolf.

The roar of the bear.

And then, your mind and soul became one. And it was said that very day, Alexander Anderson began a new journey not as a paladin, or an inquisitor devoted to the Law.

When the Spirit calls to Land, the Land calls to the Spirit and so, in an event that takes place only in the most hidden of vales and forests, hair became fur. Hands, claws.

Mouth, fangs.

And Alex Anderson, the mighty bear of the fey Woods, ambled through the foliage after two days on intense meditation.

The sights, scents.

The raw power of Nature. Yes, you have been able to shatter down entire mountains as a paladin, but this was different.

You were the mountain.

Walking towards a familiar scent, you watch casyllyn, who has a beautiful green bladed scythe strapped to her back.

The leader of the Western Coven bows to you as she places the beautiful scythe on the ground between you and her.

"I can see my sister's training has given fruit. It has taken time, but i have been able to forge a weapon according to what you'll need. Long ago, it was I who forged the weapons of my sisters against the Unseelie Court. If that War were to come again, this will be the last weapon I sjhall forge. It is yours, Alexander Anderson. Wield it with strength and always on the side of goodness. Become a Guardian like he was. Strong and proud, before his fall."

dantiesilva
2014-03-13, 01:48 PM
It has only been 4 weeks going on 5

As Alex sees Casyllyn threw his bear like eyes he slowly ambles up to her, what appears to be a happy smile on his bear like features. Thats when he notices the green bladed weapon upon her back, almost unseen due to her being a dryad.

Looking to the mighty blade Alex places his paw upon it before passing it by and standing on his two hind legs, a bit unstable at first, but soon it comes natural to him as he finds his balance and closes the rest of the distance between the two of them and wraps his massive bear like arms around her, licking her face. Now if only I knew how to turn back into myself...You would think Uwellyn would have told me, unless she wanted a good laugh. Alex thinks as he tries to focus once more on his human form and he feels after a short time his body becoming his own again.

Thank you Casyllyn for the tool you have given me to defend these woods. But I have a gift for you now. Alex says as he pulls out of his bag of holding a wooden carving of a dryad resembling her. Had I not been working on the staff to hold the blade it would have been of better quality, but given the time it was the best I could do. Merry Christmas Casyllyn. Alex says as he uses the powers he had learned to melt some of the snow around them so a single flower could bloom. Has your sister told you how much I care about you yet Casyllyn? I wish to be your partner for as long as you will have me. I know this is sudden, and not the best time, however I have had feelings for you since we saved you that cursed day.

AlanBruce
2014-03-13, 05:43 PM
@Alex: It takes time to focus, but you are able to revert back with a primal growl to your human self again as Casyllyn smiles.

"So my sister's training has indeed bore fruit, Alex. You are mastering the call of the Natural world. To rapport with the spirits and then become like them is no easy task. Remember, though- you are always in control."

Casyllyn hands you your new weapon.

The scythe seems to melt the snow as it merely lands inches away from the glowing star metal. Runes have been laboriously crafted into the metal itself. Ancient runes of power of fey origin. The haft itself has taken on the metal and, through the works of Casyllyn, looks like a twisted branch with etchings of vines going around it towrads the blade itself, as if both were one and the same from the very beginning.

Casyllyn takes the wooden statuette resembling her down to the last minute detail and examines it as the snow falls around both.

"Merry...Christmas? That is one holiday I am not familiar with, but I like it. Thank you, Alex. I must say... this is a coincidence- I too have been watching you from afar since I was rescued from the Atrocitas Naturum cast by Kazym."

Then, you ask the forest to shed some warmth where you and the elder dryad stand, as the snow melts around both and a patch of green grass sprouts forth from the ground.

"You certainly have learned much from my sister, alex. It would be a waste to leave this soft grass untouched until the next snow storm..."

Casyllyn sits on the grass and pats the place next to her for you sit.

"It has been a long time, you know. I have been devoted to Emmantiessen for many, many cycles. I still will, but I have never had family of my own, unlike Uwellyn. And the idea of having a family with one of the Forest's Guardians would be an honor I accept unconditionally."

And that night, surrounded by the falling snow, man and fey made love. as Casyllyn's kisses were filled with promise. For the many hours that both lay in amidts the sacred woods, life, unbeknownst to both, was taking place.

Exhausted, you look at Casyllyn as she gets up and kisses you on the forehead.

"Rest, my warrior. This is but a relieve from the training and trials you ahve ahead. Until we meet again.."

And with that, Casyllyn of the Western Coven walks into a tree as your eyes go drowsy from the exertion and disappears into a tree.

Day 128

A few more weeks have gone by and the training has not become easier.

Uwellyn has begun teaching you druidic and will only speak to you in such language.

All contact with anyone- even Casyllyn- is forbidden at this time.

"This is a language that has been passed amongst the oldest of circles, Alex. It is the tongue of the Keepers of Nature. Not even Balion, cursed and crazed as he was, even dared speak it to non druids. And so, this language must be a secret for you to speak only to brothers and sisters of the same path as us, do you understand?"

By now, shifting to an eagle and a bear are common place for you, as Uwellyn's tests become harder.

Reach the top of the tree... without climbing.

Catch a salmon... with your bare hands.

Stalk that hare and bring it down, without it ever knowing.

And yet, as you excel in yoru training, Uwellyn looks at you with your signature weapon.

"You have a scythe, yes. But a weapon will not be enough if you are to be a Guardian of the Fey Woods...or any woods you decide to guard for that matter. You used to wear armor before, did you not? Maybe I can fashion something that will go in accordance with your training."

dantiesilva
2014-03-13, 08:13 PM
I understand Casyllyn, and I will never expect you to leave your commitment. Alex says with a smile as he holds her hands in his. The present is more then enough for me. Alex says simply before the two become one to create life in the bitter cold of the fey woods.

As the two finish Alex's voice changes slightly, though the warm smile never leaves his face, the only indication it is not Alex is the red eyes, that show more kindness then anger. You are now one of my family Casyllyn. As dark and evil as some of them may be, you will have their protection and none would dare lay a finger on you. I will await our next meeting my lover. Aleucard says, and just like that Alex blinks and his eyes are back to their beautiful blue. As if the sea itself was caught in them. You asked me earlier what the holiday was I spoke to you didn't you? Alex says as he looks around them, no real worries in his mind, more a fact of being tired and drained then anything. It is a holiday when family and friends get together to spend the day with each other and let each one know how much they care about the other. Whether it be in the form of a gift, or simple words or actions. Alex says gently kissing the dryad knowing she would be leaving soon. And you have given me the best one I think I have ever had today. Thank you.

January 6th, the New year

Almost two weeks have gone by since Alex last saw another living person. Uwellyn being the only exception to the rule, ever since the day he had laid with her sister Casyllyn. Since then his training had taken on a more educated like angle as he was forced to use his wisdom to accomplish the tasks he would be given by Uwellyn to complete under certain circumstances. All the while he had to try and learn the Drudic language, something he had never been good at to begin with.

And how will I know when I am speaking to a brother or sister? Even here I do not know as much as I would like about everyone, or even half of what I believe I should need to if I wish to be their guardian. Alex says not knowing how he would be able to tell someone of their order apart from an average traveler.

As the topic changes to that of armor Alex remembers his old set he had Aradia sell along with his blade when she had returned from her travels. Yes but it took me years to get accustomed to it. I was used to lighter materials back in my home. If you have the free time it would be appreciated but not needed. Alex says looking around him to the natural world as he gets an amusing idea. You say I have grown since I first started training yes? However we have never discussed my blackouts I have, that when I awaken everyone looks either confused or angry at me. Will we be trying to find a remedy for that as well? Alex asks wondering how much more he had to learn. Though he had no doubt some of it would be very hard still.

Resist nature's lure lol, so much fun can be had with that one.

AlanBruce
2014-03-14, 05:01 AM
@Alex: Casyllyn looks at you as you Acheron addresses her.

The elder dryad smiles.

"I know there is a man inside, demon. You may boast all you want, but if there is to be a child borne from this union, it shall not belong to your House. He will be a child of the fey and the mortal world, not the Infernal realms. I would advise you get used to the idea."

Casyllyn gets up and bows.

"I am certain you coukld tear me apart now if you so wished, but in doing so, you'd deprive the man inside- the one I laid with, of a family. Think about that. So long, Alex."

Day 130

You and Uwellyn continue your training as the snow grows exponentially and it gets harder to walk.

"Remember, Alex- not a single footprint on the snow. You are well beyond such basic training. It should come natural to you. As for our secret language? Hehehhee. Alex, you will know a druid when you meet him or her outside these woods. There is a certain bond. Much like when you meet a man of the cloth. You recognize them by their holy symbol. Their demeanor. The way they speak. Druids are, granted, a lot more reclusive. We do not engage in druidic unless it is a matter of utter importance. And never amongst non druids. To do so is to break an ancient oath. Let your senses and instict tell you when such a person is with you, and you'll know. Or perhaps, they will know you are one. Be mindful, however- not all druids are tempered and kind. Some believe in utter balance, like Enoka mentioned weeks ago. Others, will seek to tilt Nature in their favor for their own purposes. watch out for those."

On the subject of your clothing, Uwellyn turns to look at you.

"A strong weapon will deter your foes, but your body is still that of a man. As before, you had armor to keep your body safe. As a druid, this will not be an exception. However, us druids are not allowed to wear metal. Remember that! It is a violation of Nature to do so and, if you ever find yourself donning such heavy steel contraptions like the one you wore when you first came here, all this training shall be for naught. Thankfully, the Woods have a way to clothe you. There are materials known only to the fey and other beings attuned to nature. I shall work on weaving it myself. As for you..."

Uwellyn stops in front of a circle of Fey Stones.

"You remember awhile back, when you and Irraly were subjected to an ancient Seelie trap? an illusion? This is similar, but far more potent. This circle will conjure forth your darkest memories. Ideas, feelings, faces. The circle will bring it to life. I know you have an alter ego hidden deep within your soul. A dangerous one. We are going to tame it, in a way. For you to use it and remember who you are. No more black outs and misunderstandings. Now, step into the circle and hold your scythe in a tight grip. I shall be watching from afar."

You enter the circle and the runes on each stone begin to glow in a green light as your eyes glow the same color.

Uwellyn speaks from a distance.

"The stones are reading your innermost thoughts. Do not fight it. Whatever appears before you, unleash what you must. Awaken the strength within you. One I have sensed since this training began."

Immediately, a black shape appears within the circle as it takes form.

A form you had not seen in a very long time.

Varian.

The doppleganger, with his bastard sword in hand and black cape addresses you with a smile.

"Hello, Alexander... having fun in the Fey Woods? Good. I'm having a blast back in Veluna with Karina and young haris. I heard Velunian warriors were strong, but the boy squeals louder than his mother when I rake his feet over hot coals."

dantiesilva
2014-03-14, 09:07 AM
January 8th

As the next step in Alex's training arrives he looks at the circle of stones from the outside. I thought our earlier training was to resist such effects, why would you want me to scum to one of them now? Alex asked curious to the reasoning behind this challenge, was it a double test, to see if he could read her or did she really want him to unleash whatever was held deep within?

With those thoughts in his mind though he stepped into the circle, knowing in the end his teacher would not lead him astray. It took a few moments, however soon enough an image appeared, changing size and shape until at last it stopped, the doppleganger Varian standing before him. However as it spoke Alex's old training could not be completly forgotten as he remembered Uwellyn telling him it was simply a more powerful version of the illusion from the last circle. Karina and Haris are not in Veluna Varian. And even if they were Gorrah would not allow you near them, your illusion has been seen threw and thus is your weakness. You are strong when those around you are not aware of you, however once you are found out, like any snake you have lost your power as your abilities have been countered. Vanish you pitiful creature and do not return. Alex says as his hands hold onto his scythe, though he loved Karina and his son he knew full and well that neither would go running back to Veluna knowing it would be the first place he looked for them. So even though the illusion may have seemed real, it was just as weak as the one it was pretending to be.

AlanBruce
2014-03-14, 08:37 PM
@Alex: You address Varian as a liar.

The doppleganger smiles as he tosses a head at you, that stains your clothes in blood as it rolls down on the snow covered ground.

Gorrah's.

"You meant him? Sure. He put up quite the fight- a suseless one, of course. He was crying like a baby, begging to be spared."

What do you expect of a man who has abandoned his teachings?

Another figure walks from beyond the stone circle.

Clad in inquisitorial robes and a black full plate. His mustache grey with black fringes.

Connor.

"You were always a dissapointment! I cannot vbelieve I even considered training you in the holy path of the Cudgel! Maya will forever suffer in torment knowing it was you who caused her to die, you miserable excuse for a warrior!"

Death isn't so bad...

Palindurias walks through the snow as he holds a chain in his hands.

This one extends and splits, clasping themselves around Loretta and Charlotte's neck.

The Brunhaussers lower their heads as whimpering can be heard through the snow and the Rotten Child looks at you.

"You were unable to save them. You never will be able to save them. I won from the very moment you stepped into Hammerbruk, carpenter. You were just too stupid to udnerstand that."

dantiesilva
2014-03-14, 09:03 PM
As the doppleganger tosses a head at him, as if on instict Alex reaches out and catches it as the blood stains his clothing. This should not feel real, however as he feels the head in his hand it is hard to tell the truth. Thats when Alex looks down and sees stony features, at first they seem odd, almost like a boulders, then however he gets to the face and sees that it is Gorrah. Calm yourself, if he has Gorrah's head that means they were not in Veluna, it means they are safe. Alex says trying to fight back the building rage inside that seemed to be burning his blood, as if acid ran threw his veins.

CONNOR the voice inside his head speaks as it sees the new figure entering the circle. Alex can feel his skull being ripped apart from the inside as if something was clawing at it trying to get at the man. HE KILLED HER! LIER, TRAITOR, MURDER! all these words keep getting louder and louder as Alex drops the scythe in his hands trying to stop the noise.

Then the clank of chains being dragged. Looking up he sees the rotten child dragging Charlotte and Loretta as if they were dogs. NO! YOU CHEATED, you will die for taking them AWAY FROM MEEeee!!!! Alex screams out as a bolt of lighting comes striking down destroying the image of Connor. Next Alex grows in size as fur covers his entire body, no longer was it a man in this circle, but a mighty black bear. And as the assassain learned you did not anger a bear. However even this was not enough as Alex charged the image of Palindurias as his bear claws tried to shatter the chain that bound the two.

This would not deter him though as he let out a mighty roar and charged. As he did so his from shifted back into a man, towering as large as a tree and stronger then anything Alex had ever been able to be before. However unlike normally when this power came to him Alex became surrounded in fire, this time only his horns appeared, and even they seemed different, as if they were becoming something else, more natural.

Claws grabbed up the scythe as the charge came close to an end. The boy would die for harming his family, all would die who harmed his family. And with that thought in mind his scythe came down, the green metal slashing threw both chain and man, as Alexs skin took on a red color and his hair became as black as the night sky. You must stop, the danger is over. Alex says to Acheron as the two try to fight for superiority looking for more danger, threats to his family. Cassyllyn. The creature and alex think at the same time as in an instant Alex takes off from the circle at full speed running for her tree. If anyone had harmed her blood would fill the font of life, the blood of the enemy.

AlanBruce
2014-03-15, 02:33 AM
@Alex: Rage...

Pure undiluted, uncontrolled rage...

Uwellyn watches from afar as a massive bolt of lightning strikes the ground a few feet away from Alex. A single bolt as thick and wide as the Shepherd's arm.

I was not expecting this to happen... what have I awakened in this mortal?

Next, she watches As Alex turns into a might bear and growl to the sky as it destroys one of the fey stones, clawing it apart into rubble.

He can assume the forms of Nature, yes.... but he is channeling their rage as well. I fear for the forest now. Have I created a monster?

The form of the bear turns dramatically as Alex towers over the circle and wood like horns jut from his forehead as his green scythe carves a deep trench on the ground which Uwellyn is fortunate to leap at the last second.

Your enemies charred, mauled and cut down, you watch as the three figures disappear in a wisp of black smoke as your mind tells your frenzied heart that it is over.

Uwellyn approaches with caution and looks at the fey circle, destroyed beyond anything her training would've been able to bestow.

"This part of the training was to get in tune with your innder demons and control them, Alex. I hope you have. I have never seen a druid channel the power of a barbarian before. If such be the case, maybe we have found a way to channel your anger. Whatever you saw, use that as your trigger. As long as you can control it. If you cannot, never awaken that power within you again, is that understood?"

Day 132

Training has been rough on you as your beard now covers most of your chest and your hair blows wild through the incoming blizzard.

Uwellyn stops mid trek and takes out an exquiiste armor.

This one is not heavy and metallic, but light as the chill winds that blow between both and made of patterned autumn and spring colored leaves.

"Balion surrendered his training to become a Blighter. That is why, when you fought him, he wore metal. You, however, shall follow the path of a true druid. This shall be your mantle from now on, alex. You have the weapon, the powers, and the armor, but I need to see how strong you are to resisting the call of the wilds, for even to those who would protect it, the fey wilds can be a capricious and oftentimes dangerous place. Let us see if you can resist their lure."

Uwellyn walks down and old snow covered amphitheatre and stops before a winged statue, similar to the one you fought when Enoka's children ambushed you months ago.

This statue, however, remains largely intact, depicting a woman looking up to the sky with a pair of buttrefly wings, all covered in icicles.

"A remnant altar to the old war. I told you some places retain fey power, diminished, of course. This would be one of them. Show your emblem to the statue and we shall be seeing the final test of your training."

Uwellyn back away from the amphitheatre as you walk up to it and hold your holy symbol to the enormous winged statue.

The wind blows around you as a female's voice can be heard within.

Bow to me, mortal. Bow to the Herald of Ice and bring forth an end to Summer. BOW TO ME!

Roll a Will save using your druid class feature

dantiesilva
2014-03-15, 01:39 PM
Red eyes turn to look at the dryad before him as Alex hands slowly become human again and the horns recede. No one harms my family sister, I wish to see Casyllyn now. Alex says as his eyes revert back to their normal blue color, a clam expression on his face as he tried to fight back the fatigue he was feeling. Once he got to Casyllyn he could rest, not before though.

January 10th

Will save [roll0]

As Alex hears the voice he looks around before turning to the statue. Child of winter I suggest you find another fool. If you threaten the peace of these woods, and my family I shall destroy each and everyone of you that cross threw to this world. If your people wish to come in peace and make ammeds I will be the peacekeeper, however if they wish to bring war I shall be the last shadow they see in this world Herald. Tell this to your mistress and begone. Alex says to the voice coming from the statue.

AlanBruce
2014-03-15, 06:42 PM
@Alex: Uwellyn looks at you and stands her ground.

"Your training is not finished, Alexander. Casyllyn is now resting in her Coven. Whatever you two did during my absence has put her into a slumber. It is best that she is not interrupted during this time. She will be safe."

Once at the amphitheater, covered in snow and ice, you confront the iold statue from days gone by.

Although the power in it is great, even if Uwellyn mentioned it was a waning fraction of its fromer glory, you are able to push back it's dreamy call.

The statue begins to crack as the voice booms around the area.

You would defy me? Insolent little man! Nobody defies the call of the Herald of Ice! I shall remember your face, human. That I will...

As the statue crumbles into pieces, uwellyn walks up to you and places her hand on your shoulder.

"You have done well. Your training is complete. We just need one last thing. We must return to where our training began. It will take a few days, but we will return to the Shepherd's Grove and end your training there."

dantiesilva
2014-03-15, 09:29 PM
I would never disturb anyone, I know that everyone needs their space. I just like to make sure those I am close to are safe. It keeps the rage at bay. The last thing it was saying to me was to make sure she was safe. I trust you though and if you say she is then I will not push the subject. Alex says understanding that she wished to finish his training as quickly as possible.

I would not only defy but destroy, remember that herald. Come here and harm my family and your death will be slow. Alex says to the crumbling statue. If your people come in peace I will work with you, that is your warning. Ask the child stealer, I will not tolerate another war here. Alex says done with whoever it was he was speaking with as the statue crumbles.

All journeys start and end in the same place, it is only fitting that we finish too where we began. I think I may be able to help him though with the teachings you have taught me. Alex says hoping to return the favor to the woods and make sure his family was given the best life it could. And with those thoughts in mind he speaks to the natural world around him as he calls on the earth and the sky to enrich all the plants around them so that when the spring came they grew that much stronger and healthier.

Casting plant growth

AlanBruce
2014-03-16, 01:03 AM
@Alex: Uwellyn looks at you as a smile draws on her face.

"Let's just say Casyllyn will be needing much rest for the following months, Alex. As for the rage within, I must say- even I am confounded. I know of a barbarian being able to channel their emotions into devastating feats of power, but a druid? This is as new to you as it is to me? However, Nature has a way to balance things out. Perhaps you have gained more power in the physical sense, but I do hope you can still use the gifts of the Fey woods in a mystical one."

As the statue crumbles at your feet, you can see its empty eyes looking at you as the cold wind blows through, whisking your blonde hair behind you as yous tand defiant with scythe in hand.

The way any Guardian ought to do.

On your way back to the Shepherd's Grove, Uwellyn walks beside you now as both are unable to leave tracks in the snow.

"So, Alex. You have mastered the forms of nature. Trust them, they are now a part of you. You now channel the powers of nature- use them wisely. For those who seek power and with an ambitious soul can wreak havoc if these powers are misused. You have, however, retained some of your priestly training. An interesting merger. You will be able to harness the power of your gods while using the power of the Fey Woods. Be wary, Alex: You now posses powers beyond anything even I could imagine. I firmly believe now that not even Balion could stand up to you now. I warn you not because yopu might fall prey to this power, but because of those that might desire it and take it away from you. Be wary. This world has many who despise the Natural World. They shall prove to be your most terrible opponents."

As you listen to Uwellyn, you decide to liven up the mood as you look around both and cause plants to bloom as in full summer around you and the elder dryad.

"You have learned well, Alex Anderson. Soon, you will rejoin your peers. Remmeber- what transpired during your training is for you alone, not to be shared."

dantiesilva
2014-03-16, 01:21 AM
I will remember, however there is one thing I still have to learn. Alex says as they walk. If I am to defeat one of the most powerful enemies I have ever meet I must first know the truth you have been hiding from me Uwellyn. I need to know the full story About Nerine and the war. Alex says, and though their is strength behind his words, their is not anger. It is a simple statement. If I am to become the worlds guardian I must learn from those who came before me, and those who have fallen so that I do not make their same mistakes. Only when I can understand my enemy can I have the power to stop them from ever harming anyone again. Alex says gently, letting her know that he wished to learn all he needed so if a time ever came he would be able to save the woods from any intruder just as the past guardians had done.

As they continue along their path the image of the statues cold gaze keeps coming back to Alex's mind. It could very well have been a warning of events to come threw them being repeated in the past. Uwellyn with the battle with the white shade still fresh in all our minds I think we should have a safe haven created in case the worst is to happen. You yourself have said the Myridan stag has gone missing. Alex says as his mind thinks back to the rose garden and how it had proven to be a worthy opponent to protect those that belonged to it. And with your teachings in mind I feel that at least one of Balion's ideas may have been wise. The Rose garden for all its beauty proved to be the most daunting challenge I have ever faced before. Now I am not saying we should recreate it how it was. However I think we should consider making a stronghold like it that would protect those of the summer court from harm, as well as those who were known to be friends, while turning against those who would due the summer court harm. I know your grooves have served you well for many years, however look how easily Kazyam came in and destroyed some of your defenses that had lasted centuries. If they have fallen once, they can do so again. Alex says as he tries to think of potential places to have this.

Enoka's domain already took up much of the center of the woods, and the two covens had their own spot on each side. And asking Enoka to show more kindness then she had thus far would be pushing their friendship to the limits and asking for trouble. Their was Anzaril's lake, however that would take weeks for the fey to get to. Then his mind returns to the swamp. Perhaps we could turn the swamp that the crazed druid lives in to our sanctuary for all the other fey. I have some magics from my teachings that will allow me to bless the land while we also make it impossible to get to due to the overgrowth. Maybe we can even get the crazy one to regain his sanity while we are their. Though none the less we should check on him to make sure he dose not become another Balion.

AlanBruce
2014-03-16, 02:08 AM
@Alex: Uwellyn stops in her tracks and sits down as a single snowflake falls on her fingertip.

Pristine, white and unique, as all snowflakes are said to be.

"Nerine... she was one of us, Alex. A long time ago. She was a Whisperglade, from a family of skilled warriors and huntresses. However, nerine had the power of Song within her as well. To say she was strong would be an understatement. She was unique in that regard. Whereas I am able to call on music to inspire, just like my sister, Nerine took it to new heights."

The wind blows through the trees as Uwellyn's hair partially covers her face.

"When the War of Eternal winter raged, the Covens called on everyone here to protect our homeland, for if Windemere were to establish a grip on this forest, surely what is now known as Justcrown would be under her frozen sway as well. The Whisperglades answered. Two of them. The mightiest warriors you could have seen in battle, Alex. One was precise with her blades, dancing around the enemy with flawless accuracy and precision. The other sang with power only the gods that once walked on Oerth could ever muster. It was difficult to tell each other apart, for you see, they were twins. Identical in all respects, except when in battle."

Uwellyn watches the single snowflake crumble on her finger as the wind blows the parts away.

"And so, with their aid, we won the war. the Verenestrian Pact was signed and Windmere and her host were driven away, leaving behind only one ambassador to maintain peace and balance- Anzaril. The cycles wore on and in time, men came to these lands. The first tribes, as we called them. You have met them, by the way- Jacob and Balion, amongst the others of his generation, like Steiner. We had never seen your kind before and some of us, being of the natural world, followed the path of nature. I believe you know what happened next: Balion courted fair Nerine. It would be during those years that Dancing Whisperglade walked amongst the woods with her human court while the Petals watched from afar and composed songs dedicated to them..."

The Elder dryad goes silent as he picks up one of the flowers blooming thanks to your spell.

"That is when Arrallae fell from the sky and well... things changed. Some would say for the better. But others... well. jealousy got the worst of Nerine when she believed wrongly so, that Arrallae wanted balion for herself. This was something that we as Fey could not abide and thus, the first ever trial in the Fey woods took place, despite Arrallae's plea.

Both Whisperglades were tried, for both had committed the attempted crime. One sister was forever deprived of her face. To carry her shame eternally until she would be forgiven by Higher powers. The other one was banished along with her to never see these woods again..."

Uwellyn sheds a single tear that freezes mid way down her cheek.

"I would learn later that three had been banished that day, but that is neither here nor there at this point. Let's keep moving."

On the subject of fortifying the woods should an attack come, Uwellyn goes deep in thought.

"The Rose Garden... Balion did turn it into a death trap. I almost lost my life once in there. And Moruga swamp, where the crazed Mug Ruith resides. yes. I like your ideas, alex. Once we are all back together, I suggest we disclose your plan."

dantiesilva
2014-03-16, 02:49 AM
As the story begins Alex interrupts her as she tells him about how their were two twins. I was not aware Nerine had a sister, as for her voice I have known about it for a while. Alex says looking to his teacher. In Justcrown was the first time I meet Nerine, though she went by the name of Siren there. Amusing really as you said her voice was beautiful, and from my lands all children learn to dance at a young age. Her music called to me, please do not think me a fool but I did try to court her. So when she was finally revealed to be of a darker intent then I thought I was caught off guard. Alex explains, hoping it would explain some of his behavior during the battle of Swans rest.

Going silent once more Alex once again sits and listens to the next part of the tale as he is told about Jacob and the other first settlers coming and how they won the hearts of some of the fey. Though the part about Nerine and Balion was no news to Alex, the fact the petals had written ballads about them was. Yes Nerine herself told me this story, believe it or not, not all my meetings with her ended in violence. Though she always spoke of a goddess, Arrallae I know now, stealing Balions affection away from her. I take it since you have not mentioned her yet though that time had not come. Alex says waiting for her to continue the story.

I know Nerine is a bit vain, however she normally also has a reason for her actions, however random they seem I have noticed Uwellyn. I am not saying you were wrong, however did Balion perhaps stop returning Nerine's affection as he had before Arrallae fell? Perhaps she merely wanted to gain his attention once more and her sister still having her lover thought she could help in some way to just get his attention. Thats when the part about her face being taken away is brought up and Alex's mind thinks back to Myriam. No it couldn't be Myriam, she is so different then Nerine. he tells himself as he looks to Uwellyn having to say something. I was sent here by a tribe of barbarians you know to seek out a masked fey. I found her suffice to say and she is the one that sent me to the fey woods to save it. Had it not been for her we would have never known of this plight, could this person and the sisters face you stole be one and the same? Alex asks wanting to know if Uwellyn was speaking about who he thought she was. And what did she mean that she would later learn she had banished three, was one of the two carrying a child?

As they speak about making safe havens for the fey Alex simply nods as his mentor states she likes the plans. They are dangerous plans Uwellyn, however if war once again were to come to this place, and I was not able to get here in time, I would want to know my family was safe until I survived. Now I know each of your kind is bound to a tree, however is it that tree you must reside in at all times? If not I may be able to dig around each of your roots and replant your trees in the safty of these places so that none will be able to kill you all for good. Though that still leaves the Shepered. I may be able to give him some protections, however if he wishes to stay in his ancient resting ground my powers, even with the help of the gods could only go so far.

AlanBruce
2014-03-16, 03:26 AM
@Alex: Uwellyn nods.

"Nerine had a sister. The Sun and Moon of the Fey Woods. Blade and Song they were called in the old ballads penned by Petunia herself, before Gigglemug was even born."

When you confess you fell for Nerine's voice and charms, Uwellyn nods.

"She had that effect on many here. Reason why Balion fell for her and, in an interesting twist of fate, she fell for him as well. We fey are capricious. Nymphs particularly so. They rarely stay with one lover for long before leaving. This was not the case, surprisingly. As for her darker intent, yes. I was aware that Nerine had taken a different path after banishment. In a way, I am to blame. Perhaps, had I been less hurried in my decision, she would still be here...as would the others that left with her."

When you tell Uwellyn of your meetings with Nerine, most of them non volent, Uwellyn sighs in relief.

"You must have a god smiling upon you, Alex. When Nerine fought against the Winter Court, she showed no mercy to our enemies. Not that they would show any to us. When Nerine stopped singing, they ran, because they knew she would be withdrawing blades. And in that regard, she was like a crimson star. As for the goddess she spoke of- you guessed it. Arrallae. Her passionate hatred for her became a hushed murmur in the woods. Not out of fear of Arrallae's retribution- she never hated Nerine, but because it would've broken many hearts to retell such tale."

On the subject of the masked fey, Uwellyn looks at you with a arised eyebrow.

"There is only one fey I know that wears a mask- and she is long gone. She sent you here? To protect these woods? Even after so many years, she still yearned to protect her homeland. It is with revelations like these, Alex, that i question my position as Coven Elder."

Uwellyn seems distraught beyond relief as she leans against a tree and lowers her hood, so as to hide the tears and sour memories from ages past.

"Tell me something, Alex: Do you believe in fate? Do think we are irrevocably tied to a thread that, no matter how hard we try, it is doomed to be lined in a particular way? Or do you believe that actions done in the past can in fact be remedied? That we, creatures of the earthly realms may undo unjust damage from ages past and break said thread?"

Uwellyn leaves that question as rhetorical or maybe food for thought as she keeps walking with her hood covering most of her face as the snow keeps falling on both.

"You wish to move my sister's trees... relocate them. It is well known among our kind that to move a dryads tree- be it by chopping it down or breaking it from its roots will kill us. No matter what. the same goes for Anzaril, should she ever wander too long away from the Font of Life. Your idea is interesting and may have to be implemented, but for that, I must consult with someone who knows a lot more about this lore. Someone who shares the Shepherd's wisdom- casyllyn. But at this moment, she sleeps in the Western Coven. and will do so for a few months while the snow rages on."

dantiesilva
2014-03-16, 03:00 PM
I have many gods watching over me Uwellyn, that is why I could never abandon my teachings fully. The things my father taught me in the sea of sands were honest and true and he believed them with all his heart, however in the sea of sands things were simple unlike here. It is why I was sent to train and learn from others, to better serve as my princes adviser when the time came. Alex says as he is told he was lucky for Nerine letting him live. He knew differently though, she had let him live each time. Epically in the abyss. She could have killed him with easy there however as each slash came in he felt her will slipping. You may have indeed judged to quickly, that is the past though and can never be changed. We can only move forward.

Then are you saying Myriam is Nerine's sister? I have meet her on many occasions, and each she has always been a friend and offered us help. Even in saving these woods she did all she could to help us without breaking whatever laws you may have made. Alex says, as he did not know the full intent of the laws he could not say for certain. For those actions alone perhaps as a leader you could review the case again and perhaps say that they have paid for their exile. Or at least Myriam, to fix some of the deepest wounds, you must first offer a small gesture sometimes. Alex says as he looks around to the budding trees around them. It is just a thought, I do not wish to try and tell you what to do Uwellyn, only my opinion from what I have seen. Alex says as he remembers feeding Loretta in the valley, a simple act that had proved to hold such weight later on.

As the questions of fate and redemption come up Alex looks to the dryad for the first time with a bit of trouble in his eyes. Fate is something I believe people use to excuse their actions. Though some may fall so far that they feel they can never be changed, it is in the end their choice to try. So yes I do believe in redemption. Alex says looking away for a moment as him and Acheron converse. And we both agree Nerine is not past the point of redemption. You were not with us in when the battle began in swans rest, when Alex and myself took her to our home world. You found me weak and dieing, however she could have killed us at any second for we never lifted our blade against her. The warrior who once protected these woods is still there fey, however she has been tainted. Leave her to me and worry about the other. If any will bring her back it will be the one who almost succeed in forcing her to love him. Had the angle not saved Alex when it did she would have stopped her blade before killing him. A gamble in the eyes of those above, fact to those of us born from evil. Her heart is not ruled yet by the corruption. She can be redeemed, if she comes here do not fight her, only defend yourselves and call for me. If she goes after Arrallae let them do battle, she is filled with a rage that has been festering for years. Arrallae knew this, you must let them work it out. I can promise you the goddess will not die from such an encounter though. Acheron says before Alex's eyes return to their blue color, and unlike normal no look of confusion is seen on his face.

How long will she sleep? And will when I be able to see her again? She may never be my wife, however she will always hold a place in my heart as the mother of my child, and lover. You both are my family now.

AlanBruce
2014-03-16, 06:25 PM
@Alex: Uwellyn listens to your tales regarding your homeland and smiles.

"Things are simple here too, Alex, believe it or not. We fey live with the land, but this one is capricious, just like us, and in so doing, enacts odd tenets that some follow. Not to mention the history we've had in the past with the Winter Court, which brought upon us rules to follow, like the Seal and the Myrdian Stag. Had that war never happened, believe me, these lands would be a lot easier to live in."

The elder dryad then walks a few paces ahead of you.

"I suppose... we keep moving forward, then."

On your inquiry regarding Nerine's alleged sister, Uwellyn looks at you.

"I said Nerine had a sister. I never said who she was. I know who Myriam is. And I know her well. She is very noble and kind... that has not changed. And I am thankful for that. Have I pondered on my decisions a long time ago regarding Nerine and the others? Certainly, but reaching Nerine now has proven too difficult. I cannot locate her and she will not come. Except when she brought that demon with her that nearly destroyed the village of Swan's Rest. She does not make it easy for me to review her case, Alex."

On the subject of fate, Uwellyn listens to you and Acheron give your viewpoints, but unlike before, she does not seem alarmed.

"It is a gamble, as you both have stated. Can someone be redeemed? Someone so entrenched in her own vengeful desires. Desires that have been festering and swelling for countless centuries? I still find it hard to believe she would have spared you. Nerine left these woods a seasoned warrior and from what i saw at Swan's Rest, she's even stronger now. I will speak with Arrallae when I see her again. Discuss these points. Maybe she does want to give Nerine a chance to engage her. However, you say she cannot die... is it because of her virtue as a goddess?"

As both keep trekking through the snow, you ask about Casyllyn.

"You are already family here, Alex. Your training and your past actions have made it so, not to mention the bond we share during Archaidous' ritual. As for whether you'll have new family, well... we fey have a resting period. Whatever happened between Castllyn and you has made her slumber in her tree. and in her tree she shall remain for a few months. She will be protected, that I can assure you, as will the Western Coven. Steriner's son is there, and he is quite capable. You shouldn't concern yourself with that. And if the Western Coven were to be attacked- and I use that term loosely since we are not sure if the Unseelie Court shall come out- they will not be able to breach it this time. For you see, after Kazym's attack, we also took preventive measures in our homes. Ancient Fey rituals of protection. Casyllyn and her sisters will be safe during the winter. Far from helpless."

dantiesilva
2014-03-16, 09:07 PM
You say this land enacts old tenants some follow, but not all? Who is it then that follows these rules then if not everyone does so? And is it simply an old belief that got proven wrong or simply something else?Alex asks curious as to what exactly she meant.

Would you make it easy for someone who banished you to find you if you were in the same situation Uwellyn? You have to remember she risked her life to save these woods from what the stories say, and from what she had told me and you have confirmed she then gave all of her love to a mortal who betrayed her for another. Her family then turned their back on her when she and her sister needed their support the most. The fact she did not try to kill all of you in an act of vengeance was in fact a bit of a surprise. It seems that her only goal is to make sure the one who made her suffer, feels the pain she has endured. Alex says as he follows in her footsteps. This is only a theory of course and I have no proof of it, I will try though. As for Myriam it is good to hear that she is not evil, though when you said that the woman's face was stolen I could only think of the odd mask she wears. I am sorry if some of my questions seem intrusive though.

Dryad if someone could not be redeemed or only judged on their appearance I would be taking you now like a dog. We have learned over the years anyone can be redeemed as long as they are willing to try. Our Nerine is strange but not random. Each of her actions are precise and weighed before being taken. I simply caught her off guard, and it was because of that mixed with our trust in her that allowed us to live. The two say in union, the first part as calm as if he was speaking about what he ate for dinner.

Alex listens as she explains all will be safe though she does not know if he will have a new family or not and a smirk crosses his face. You said it yourself, we are already family. And with that he stays in silence to the rest of the way to the shepherds grove.

AlanBruce
2014-03-16, 09:44 PM
@Alex: Uwellyn looks around.

"For one, these woods are home not only to the Fey, but to wild animals. And they do not disntinguish. Of course, an animal, sacred as they are here, have a degree of instinct. They know where to go and where not to. It is some of the fey, like Belladonna, for example, who willingly chose to ignore some of the rules decreed by her Petal Court and, when the chance to wreak havoc arose, she took it willingly. It is sad, indeed, when a fey turns evil. The same happened to Nerine, in a way, although she may have had justifiable reasons- to sit down and converse or come to either myself or Casyllyn for counsel before leaping in..."

On the topic of Nerine having saved the woods, Uwellyn looks down to the snow laden trek.

"It wasn't easy then. It is not easy now, Alex. Nerine is a nymph, not a dryad. And yet, I considered her like a sister to me. She even saved my life once, when I found myself losing a battle against Nemain, taking that Devious Gliura away from my position. Nerine was like that- her life at stake for those she cared about. But now...now I don't know. And I am glad Myriam has been keeping in tiuch with you. If you see her again, tell her... forget it. Chances of her coming back here are impossible, anyway. She must be far away by now."

Uwellyn listens to Acheron's view on Nerine and sighs.

"I know all this. I saw her grow up. wander into Enoka's lair once on her own...hehehhee. Boy did that get the Covens in a frenzy. When we arrived she was resting on Gordigule's back, playing the flute for the Sylvan Spider while her sister danced for her brood. We thought they were goners."

As you keep walking, Uwellyn smiles as she looks at you.

"That you are, alex. You are family now. This forest is now as much yours as it is to the Fey that grew here. Let us keep on, we have to make haste and get back to the Shepherd's Grove."

As you continue walking, a swallow lands on Uwellyn's shoulder and chrps into her ear and then flies off.

The elder dryad stops in her tracks.

"It would seem the woods never get a break, Alex- the woodland creatures tell me of three monstrous powers in the forest. At this point, the others are en route to meet with them. We can only hope they can handle them before we get there and it's too late. Better hurry our pace."

dantiesilva
2014-03-16, 10:04 PM
At the mention of Belladonna a laugh comes from Acheron. Told the others they should have given us a few hours. I am sure she would have been singing a much different tone if they had. the demon laughs unable to not comment. Yes he has an odd sense of humor. Trust me you don't want him in your head. Your in my body mortal remember that. the two bicker back and forth, to a bystander it would seem almost like Alex was arguing with himself, an amusing sight to say the least. What do you mean Uwellyn? And why did you stop what you were going to say? Alex asked confused thinking he missed something while arguing with Acheron.

As Uwellyn tells her about a time Nerine saved her life against someone in the winter court called Nemain Alex, always filled with questions asks. Who is Nemain, and is she a threat we should worry about or was the person elimanted during the war? Alex then takes Uwellyns hand in his own, pulling her back and stopping her from running ahead. I will ask her to come and speak with you when I see her again, though when that will be I am not sure, she is the one that usually finds me honestly. Perhaps if you get someone to try and kill me or something she will appear like a hero of old like always it seems she does. Alex says jokingly trying to keep the air relaxed as he lets her small arm go.

As Uwellyn reveals it was Nerine and Cassyllyn who once used to visit Enoka to teach her knew songs Alex eyes seem to widen as if in shock. For someone who saved so many lives and did so much to try and bring you all together it seems like you were very hasty to turn your back on her. I was not their however back then. I am here now though and will offer my counsel when it is needed. After all one day I must return to my land and do so to an emperor. Alex says speaking of prince Akhmed and wondering what was happening with the prince and his own father.

As Alex is told trouble has found its way into the woods Alex looks directly at his mentor as his mind runs threw the possible canidates of enemies. Have they returned meaning the seal is broken? Alex says about to take the form of a great eagle and fly to the others as he waits for his teachers command.

AlanBruce
2014-03-17, 12:02 AM
@Alex: Uwellyn chuckles when you speak as Acheron. Clearly, the time spent with you all these months has, in a way bonded the three of you.

"Belladonna had a crush on Balion, if memory serves well. She admired him when he walked these lands as Her Guardian and that of the Fey Woods. Who knows, you might get a chance to see her again. And hopefully saner."

When you ask about Nemain, however, Uwellyn once more goes serious.

"I have told you about the two Courts, right? The Summer and Winter. Nemain serves the Winter Court. She is one of Windemere's strongest warriors. Lithe and deadly. Untouchable by physical means. The only fey I know that was able to keep her at bay was Nerine. And that war of attrition lasted days, as each hunted the other down through the frozen trees. She looks much like a nymph, but with the wings of a moth and antennae to match. A bard and warrior who cast off her armor and fights with beautiful and deadly expertise, completely dedicated in body and soul to the Queen of Air & Darkness."

You then bring the issue of Nerine again and decision made in haste.

Uwellyn nods.

"Mistakes made in the past, I know. And what I wouldn't do to undo them, Alex. If only she were willing to listen, but now she is beyond that point, I believe. And you have proven to be quite the listener and counselor! So your travels will take you to the desert lands? I have never been to such a place. I have heard from Steiner, when he was around, that they were vast. Bigger than the Fey Woods, even. But barren. Dry and endless. However, he also spoke of much beauty in those far away lands. I am certain you will find your way back there one day, no doubt."

You then prepare to take flight when Uwellyn lowers her hand.

"No. Not yet, Alex. Even in flight, you would not be able to reach them. We are days away from where this is taking place. Right now, we can only count on Arrallae's Guardians to deal with this threat."

dantiesilva
2014-03-17, 12:27 AM
Nothing a few knocks to the head can not fix. Plus she owes me a debt, I defeated her band. In all effects she belongs to us. Should she return I will have to remind her of this while we try to find out where the one I harmed do to trickery is being kept. Acheron says, showing once more that their was more to the monster then what all the others had first thought.

And if her home was threatened again by such darkness do you think she would abandon it? In truth I am not sure which way she would go on this scale. A part of me wants to say she would come, but another part says it would fall on a few stars falling into position where they belong. Alex says wondering if Nerine could really stand by and do nothing if such like the winter court came back to destroy her home. He and he alone had seen how she reacted to Balions death, and it was that no doubt that made his ability to see into her motives shaky. There had to be something obvious he was missing.

As Uwellyn tells Alex she believes Nerine is beyond the point of listening Alex simply shakes his head. You may be older and wiser then me in many areas Uwellyn, however when it comes to people themselves I think I have a much larger understanding of them. Alex says as he looks at the snow all around them. You openly admit you believe she is beyound the point of saving and that she would not listen, have you ever once thought it is not her who needs to listen but yourself? Its just like you taught me when I had to find myself as well as my spirit guide. You must listen to the world around you before you can interpret what it wants. All this time in your mind you have been thinking she needed to stop and listen to you, just like you did when she was banished. Did it ever cross your mind it was you who had to stop and listen? Alex then reaches out and takes her hands in his own as he places them over her heart.

Listen with your heart, you will understand. Let it break upon you, and wash upon the sand. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oavSum61gA)

When Alex stops singing he nods his head. It is in the desert that I was raised, and where my prince and father reside. I have a duty to my prince and my people to help make them prosper. That is not to say I will not return to visit the rest of my family, but that is still a long ways from now if what I was told is true. I know to help my prince in the war he is in to throw off the invading army I must learn as much as I can, as quickly as I can. As for their beauty it is hard to describe. It is not the same as the fey woods, like Steiner told you it is mostly barren. However that is also where the beauty lies, that even in such a dismal place, life can thrive.

Let us hope that the guardians that are going are strong enough to do so on their own. Aradia is the one that worries me the most. Her powers to command are unsurpassed, however when it comes to combat herself she is incapable most times to harm the enemy. If she were ever left to lead an army they would either replace her or soon not follow I think because the common warrior would be taking down as many enemies as her, even if she could survive longer.

AlanBruce
2014-03-17, 02:13 AM
@Alex: uwellyn laughs.

"Yes! I heard you took down her Boom Boom Band right in front of Balion's Hut. "

On the subject of Nerine returning to assist her homeland if the Unseelie Court were to return, Uwellyn sighs.

"She was, along with her sister, the most valiant warriors these woods had during Windemere's dark reign. She may not have much love for me, but she did love these Woods. I could see it in her face when I passed judgement."

The elder dryad listens to your views on people.

"That is the one defining point about mortals. and something I learned with Steiner when he walked these woods. We are eternal, unless slain, yet, for all our years, us fey live in the woods, rapporting with Nature. In my case and Casyllyn's, we are Guardians of this place. But you, Alex. With your much shorter lifespan, you have been able to see and meet a lot more people than I will ever do so in a thousand cycles. Like Steiner, your words ring true. Perhaps I need to go on a journey of self examination myself, but once the imemdiate threat and the safety of the Covens is assured. I would not want anything to happen while both Covens slumber and Arrallae would not even be aware inside Swan's Rest, unless she decided to come out, at which point, it might be too late."

You then surprise Uwellyn by placing your hand on her chest and singing the old songs from the desert as the fey shuts her eyes and listens while a single tear is shed and a smile draws on her face.

"I may not be an oracle, Alex, but I think that great things are to come your way. You mentioned you had many teachers? It is an honor for me to call myself one of them. In a way, I have learned much from you in these months, Alexander...who knew?"

A lone crow flies over head as Uwellyn walks at a faster pace.

"The only Guardians left right now are Enoka- but she won't come out of her Hollow. Anzaril, but she's bound to her lake, unless she decides to join the fight. That would leave Lysa, Archaidous, Aradia, and Irraly. I know Aradia may not be the strongest arm in your company, Alex, but she is dedicated. She does manifest the ferocity of a dragon. I have seen the remains of those she has engulfed in ice. Archaidous is a wizard, and from what I've seen, very powerful. Lysa is a bard, like Gigglemug, but something tells me she has hidden potential. One we have yet to see. Then there's Irraly, who I dare say has the strength to match that of the Shepherd on an angry day. Arrallae bestowed upon them many gifts and I am certain that dyuring your journey after Kazym was led away, you have all gotten stronger. We should not worry, but we will keep walking towards the direction I was told, just in case."

dantiesilva
2014-03-17, 08:34 AM
As Uwellyn sheds a tear and mentions how it has been an honor to be his teacher an amused look crosses his face. If you don't mind Uwellyn I prefer calling you mentor. All those I called teacher that were female I ended up trying to bed, and as much as that would be enjoyable I would not want to harm Casyllyn that way. However if you ever wish to have a child of your own again and she agrees I am sure we could all come to an agreement, that is the day I shall call you teacher. Alex says understanding a little bit more about why he had slept with so many, it had been because of Acheron.

As Alex sees the lone crow in the sky he is reminded of Hammerbruke and the rotten child and immediately his eyes scan the creature for any sign of evil as he takes on an offensive stance. He would not let the rotten child get a foothold in these woods.

The problem is not those who she has encased in ice, but how many as of late have been able to outright avoid it due to their own training. As if each person we fight works for the same person and have a file on us. Alex says as he thinks of the others. Lysa is probably the generalist soul in our group, Don't forget the biggest tease. What do you expect she is a fey, as I was saying she is the gentalist. However I have heard her sing, and she can inspire even peasents to fight for her with a renewed courage. And when things come to violence she always seems to have a trick up her sleeve.

Archadious may be powerful, however I am not sure of his mental state at this moment, he recently lost a wizards duel, and turned into a monkey. Had it not been for Aradia he would have died then. Normally he is confident in his skills, now though I am not so sure.

Alex says leaving Irraly for last. As for Irraly, I think you mean the nude dancer who calls to us at night. Can we focus here? Irraly has natural strength and stanima that I need magic to obtain. Relying more on her physical strength and grace more then her magic to win battles. However if she wishes to truly become a force to be reckoned with she needs to learn how to stratigize and mix her teachings of the magical nature with her combat abilities, otherwise all her powers will be for nothing. Alex explains to Uwellyn, at least his views on each and their immediate weaknesses.