PDA

View Full Version : Shifter Druidic avenger

maniacalmojo
2014-03-11, 06:56 PM
Want to play one of these guys if my current charecter dies. Any tips or pointers? Can i use the RSL of the shifter with the druidic avenger alternate class features? I would want to use razorclaw shifter if i do, any advice on how to deal decent damage with the claws?

eggynack
2014-03-11, 07:02 PM
You can make the reasonable reckless spirit trade, and the terrible wild shifting trade, but with the animal companion lost to druidic avenger, you'll be unable to take the beast spirit racial substitution level, which is the most interesting one. I would advise skipping druidic avenger as a result, and just going with a shifter druid with the first and fourth substitution levels. As for razorclaw, it's not the best shifter trait, but it's probably the best physical shifter trait, so it should work. My general advised build for a shifter druid is druid 8/moonspeaker 4/druid 8, because moonspeaker levels after 4 aren't that great.

Edit: Also, shifter druids are all about summoning, which is also lost to druidic avenger. These two build elements are somewhat asynergystic, even if double-rage sounds like it'd work well.

Double-edit: I forgot to mention it, so here's the shifter handbook (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225294). You might be interested in building a shifter barbarian, instead of a shifter druid, and that guide has some advice that would help along those lines.