PDA

View Full Version : Remaking Aladdin(the movie) in DnD.

RPGaddict28
2014-03-11, 07:45 PM
My party is kinda strapped for cash, so I had the brilliant idea to make Disney movies, because Disney made lots of money. We have a raven, a wizard, a cleric who may be an artificer by next session, a swashbuckler, a rogue, a bard, and a hexblade, all level 7, to pull of a Disney movie. What kinda things do we need?

Sheogoroth
2014-03-11, 07:52 PM
An animating department, the capacity to produce film, the infrastructure to support film production and screening, a huge marketing and distribution campaign to introduce this strange practice to a people living in practical middle ages, a target audience, and a large enough concentrated viewership in an exceedingly economically top-heavy society.

So it depends on your setting.

RPGaddict28
2014-03-11, 07:56 PM
An animating department, the capacity to produce film, the infrastructure to support film production and screening, a huge marketing and distribution campaign to introduce this strange practice to a people living in practical middle ages, a target audience, and a large enough concentrated viewership in an exceedingly economically top-heavy society.

So it depends on your setting.

Alright, what would I need to make it work within magically charged medieval Europe based setting?

NoACWarrior
2014-03-11, 08:06 PM
Assuming you are going for the "play / theater" style you could simply use disguises/alter self to help with the perform check. For the actual handout flyers profession printer. To negotiate pricing and what the masses are willing to pay to see the play, use diplomacy on top of the perform check. Perform was built around medium magic settings so gold derived from it is expected for the party. If the stage is extraordinary grand you could say its a +1 to +5 masterwork tool. For multi-section plays you could use both perform and diplomacy to get a certain rating from the crowd. With the crowd experiencing a certain level of enjoyment, they would recommend others to the play.

But unless you have around 1-2 months of down time, doing a show isn't a good use of your time as adventurers. 1 week of encounters would probably outstrip the income from the show going on 2 months.

Vhaidara
2014-03-11, 08:18 PM
For production of fliers, an at will item of amanuensis will produce a copy every round.

Slipperychicken
2014-03-11, 11:13 PM
My party is kinda strapped for cash, so I had the brilliant idea to make Disney movies, because Disney made lots of money. We have a raven, a wizard, a cleric who may be an artificer by next session, a swashbuckler, a rogue, a bard, and a hexblade, all level 7, to pull of a Disney movie. What kinda things do we need?

You'll need a pretty high Craft(Script) check to come up with it in character, and also a pushover GM.

But seriously, I'd model this using Perform(Act) (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/skills/perform.htm) to earn money. It might be worth houseruling that sufficiently good costumes and props (costing 50 gold) would function as masterwork tools for the check.

CyberThread
2014-03-11, 11:21 PM
An animating department

Wrong film, we arn't doing beauty and the beast