PDA

View Full Version : Good Prestige Class for/any advice for this character

Yogibear41
2014-03-12, 12:09 AM
Playing a CE Barbarian/Cleric of Kaaran(BOVD) Bakemono (goblin race from OA) 1 level of barbarian before cleric levels. Looking for any good prestige class that will advance my cleric casting but also fit the theme of the character more or less. Planning to be a frontline fighter type/tank as my primary role and take the bestial and destruction domains at my 1st cleric level, level 1 stats are: 19 Str, 12 Dex, 20 Con, 6 Int, 15 Wisdom, 7 Cha, for reference. Got toughness as a bonus feat for being a bear barbarian, and took 2 flaws so I could take Roll With it 3 times for a DR of 6/- at level 1,(might continue on this path just to keep getting an increasingly good DR,) as well as the quickness trait to net me a faster speed with a 20 con figured I wouldn't miss the 1 hp per level.

Other party members will be a goblin generalist wizard(collegiate wizard feat and starting Int of 17), goblin ranger, halfling rogue.(last 2 haven't really talked to as much/havent seen there character sheets yet so don't know what they will specialize in might be able to talk the halfling into going goblin:smallsmile:) Game is set to start this weekend at level 1.

Sir Chuckles
2014-03-12, 12:29 AM
The DR will quickly peter out, when things start hitting you with fire instead of sharp pointy things.

I'd say replace one of your Domains with the travel domain, and taking Travel Devotion. If you're already built for speed, it wouldn't hurt.

Yogibear41
2014-03-12, 12:35 AM
Clerics of Karaan can only choose from Chaos, Destruction, and Bestial, unfortunately. Thought about taking craft: magic arms and armor at 6th level, depending on how exactly the game is going at that point, and depending on what our wizard takes.

Sir Chuckles
2014-03-12, 12:40 AM
Boo.
Ah, well, ten there's not much to say outside of the usual Cleric advice, spattered with whatever you're trying to accomplish with Barbarian.

If you're really going for "tank", be warned that being a tank in 3.5 is an uphill battle through mud made out of alchemist's fire, acid, and the blood of tank attempts past.
Crusaders, from the Tome of Battle, get to wear pants in that hike.

Yogibear41
2014-03-12, 12:34 PM
1st level of barbarian was primarily for toughness feat for free, and a few extra skill points.

Agreed on the "tank" role though but I usually do a good job of setting up our positions and using things like terrain and ambushes to aid in the keeping the bad guys off everyone else.