PDA

View Full Version : Want a chance to win the Magic Item Compendium?

Ashy
2007-02-02, 09:54 AM
Mods: No, this is not spam and yes, I'm here to stay. ;)

WOWWEEZOWWEE.COM (http://wowweezowwee.com) is proud to announce our first official contest: the Magic Item Madness Contest (http://www.wowweezowwee.com/?p=278) - where you could win a copy of the upcoming Wizards of the Coast Accessory, the Magic Item Compendium!

For more info - check out the links above! ;)

Ashy
2007-02-03, 10:35 AM
No interest? No questions? No nothing?

Wow....

:smallyuk:

Thomas
2007-02-03, 10:38 AM
If you think I'm going to click on a link to an URL like "wowweezowwee.com", you're out of your mind.

Besides, contests are for chumps.

Ashy
2007-02-03, 10:40 AM
Contests may well be for chumps (I'm inclined to disagree, 'cause I like winning things) but what in the world is wrong with wowweezowwee? :smallconfused:

BCOVertigo
2007-02-03, 12:05 PM
I for one hate spammers with a vengeance. And regardless of the little disclaimer you posted in front of your message that's what it looks like. I think putting something like that in your signature might make more people inclined to visit your site than making a thread dedicated to the subject with the knowledge that people will misinterpret it.

Contests may well be for chumps (I'm inclined to disagree, 'cause I like winning things) but what in the world is wrong with wowweezowwee? :smallconfused:

It just looks like one of....THOSE addresses. The ones you arrive at by typing gianittp.com through human error and are hit by a barrage of those really annoying popups that either take up the whole screen and flash in an epilepsy incuding pattern or self replicate to the point that only the power of ctrl-alt-del can stop their rampage. Sorry to hate on your choice of url but some things just trigger my 'nerd senses' and this is one of them.

Ashy
2007-02-03, 03:54 PM
It's in the sig as well, but since I update the site every weekday (with free D20/gaming content) then it will quickly vanish. I just wanted to let folks know about the contest.

Wowweezowwee is NOT one of THOSE sites... I mean, where else can you get free maps like the one below? ;)

http://www.wowweezowwee.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/abby-1st-floor-web.jpg

But hey! If ya don't want to visit, nobody's forcin' ya.... :smallbiggrin:

Matthew
2007-02-03, 06:46 PM
Sounds interesting. I have to say, I pegged this as spam. Looks like an interesting site, but why advertise competitions here without speaking to Moderators first?

AtomicKitKat
2007-02-03, 10:06 PM
Hmm. I might actually take part, except that I'm paranoid about giving out my address over the net, and it's probably limited to US citizens anyway. :smalltongue:

Ashy
2007-02-03, 11:59 PM
Sounds interesting. I have to say, I pegged this as spam. Looks like an interesting site, but why advertise competitions here without speaking to Moderators first?

I certainly meant no harm - just trying to get the word out... We'll be having contests fairly often. :smallbiggrin:

Ashy
2007-02-04, 12:00 AM
Hmm. I might actually take part, except that I'm paranoid about giving out my address over the net, and it's probably limited to US citizens anyway. :smalltongue:

Feel free to participate - the contest is open to anyone... The only reason we need your address is that we've got to have some way of getting you the book - if you win, of course. :) Looking forward to your (possible) submission... :smallsmile: