PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder - Does raising your con add HP to previous levels? Hit points questions.

Greenfeuer
2014-03-12, 07:34 AM
Hey there! I am currently playing a Pathfinder campaign and I wondered if increaseing your con, Means getting ekstra hit points to previously levels?

For examble. You con is 11 ( as i mine is currently ) and I choose to raise it at level for, now it will give me 1 ekstra hit point at that level and contiueing levels. Buuut! Does it gives me 3+ HP for the previous three levels aswell?

To sum up. Con 11, reaches level 4, increase it to 12. Gains 4 HP, since it backtracks to previous levels. Or does it simply not backtrack at all?

I wondered that and I never made a fuss about. But it would seemse more balanced and fair that it backtracks like toughness. Else you have to focus on getting a high con modifer at first level right away else you lose out a lot. In my case I will miss out on 3 hp, since I choose following stats for my bard rogue.

11 STR
15 DEX
11 CON
15 INT
12 WIS
18 CHA

Though this not about my current stats but more a question about how much HP I will gain and how my HP I would have?

Currently I am level 2 rogue and have choosen to two ekstra skills from my favorit class. And my current HP is 16 - 8 first level and rolled 8 for second level.

Hope that it sums it up ^^

Yanisa
2014-03-12, 07:43 AM
In short yes.

You get bonus HP equal to your level times con modifier. This is applied retroactively.