PDA

View Full Version : Jade Phoenix Mage:Dumbledore got style

Jozan
2014-03-12, 10:06 AM
I want a guish, i was thinking maybe i can be: Crusader 1 Wizard 5 Jade Phoenix Mage 10 and abjurant champion 4(lvl 20). My build is good? if someone know another build please help me, i want to focus more my spells but have some nice manouvers.

Doc_Maynot
2014-03-12, 10:15 AM
Just try and space the Abjurant Champion and JPM levels out so that you take Jade Phoenix as your last two levels, that way you can at least have one 7th level maneuver without feats.

Also Warblade may be a better fit. Not only do they have access to the Diamond Mind maneuvers, giving you more ways to use your concentration, but they have other abilities keyed off of Intelligence (With the one level IIRC it's a boost to Reflex saves), which as a Wizard would work wonders.

docnessuno
2014-03-12, 10:46 AM
Other options for an arcane ToB gish:

Bard 6/ Warblade or Crusader 2/ Jade Phoenix Mage 2/ Sublime Chord 2/ Jade Phoenix Mage +8
(9th level spells, 17 BAB, IL 16)

Warblade 2 / Wizard 4 / Spellsword 1 / Abjurant champion 3 / Jade Phoenix Mage 10
(8th level spells, 18 BAB, IL 16)

Talionis
2014-03-12, 02:34 PM
Another thought would be to play Wu Jen instead of Wizard. You definitely have a smaller spell list, but you have some really good melee spells like Body Outside Body and you have access to most of the mainstay spells on the Wizard list with lots of spells that do a variety of things.

Abjurant Champion isn't geting you that much help as a prestige class. You might think about Uncanny Trickster (Complete Scoundrel) or Legacy Champion (Weapons of Legacy) to further progress Jade Phoenix Mage. Progressing both Manuevers and Spells is probably more help than the class features from Abjurant Champion.

Phelix-Mu
2014-03-12, 03:20 PM
I had a rather nice int-based monk/wiz/abjchamp/shadowsun ninja/jpm. Was pretty high level, and the pre-reqs were all over the board, but by the time I got that one level of shadowsun ninja, the character was pretty much unkillable and could lay down some pretty severe punishment via greater mighty wallop and wraithstrike. Good times.

Chronos
2014-03-12, 03:45 PM
I think the argument for Abjurant Champion is that it gives you full casting progression, not so much about the other class features.

CyberThread
2014-03-12, 04:08 PM
BBEG Jade mage, you nearly kill the target... target suddenly blows up in fire, deals 20d6 damage, and comes back with nearly all his health, and no status effects.

Round 2

Vash9177
2014-03-12, 04:24 PM
Another thought would be to play Wu Jen instead of Wizard. You definitely have a smaller spell list, but you have some really good melee spells like Body Outside Body and you have access to most of the mainstay spells on the Wizard list with lots of spells that do a variety of things.

Abjurant Champion isn't geting you that much help as a prestige class. You might think about Uncanny Trickster (Complete Scoundrel) or Legacy Champion (Weapons of Legacy) to further progress Jade Phoenix Mage. Progressing both Manuevers and Spells is probably more help than the class features from Abjurant Champion.

Wu Jen also gets Transcend Mortality which goes pretty well with Emerald Immolation :smallbiggrin:

Thrice Dead Cat
2014-03-12, 06:40 PM
With feat retraining and Favored in the Guild (Cityscape), you can go (Warblade or Crusader) 1/Wizard 4/JPM 10/Abjurant Champion 5. I personally prefer crusader as it can help you meet the prerequisites on later Devoted Spirit Maneuvers, and its refresh mechanic doesn't hinder your action economy.

Also, Abjurant Champion is used to great effect as it basically gives you free +5 to both shield and armor ACs. Throw on Greater Luminous Armor and the Shield spell, and you have better than a +5 full-plate and +5 tower shield. With the extended abjurations class feature, you can also expect to keep the former up for at least a day to two days, depending on CL and whether you toss on an actual extend metamagic.

Jozan
2014-03-13, 11:26 AM
After looking the posts i decided to change my wizard levels for wu jen levels(in my build). Also no more abjurant champion,i think i need another good prestige class with decent bab,abilities and spellcaster progression.Finally, what spells should i get from the wu jen list?

docnessuno
2014-03-13, 11:29 AM
Body outside body.
Bonus points if you can get it as a SLA, so your copies can cast it as well.