PDA

View Full Version : Warlock/wiz gestalt build 3.5

SliceandDiceKid
2014-03-12, 11:44 AM
Hey gang, curious about a suboptimal build for a gestalt campaign in the future. I just can't get over the enticing features of the warlock. What about a

19 warlock
6wiz/10Eldritch Theurge/3 hellfire warlock

PrC are easy to qualify for, I stack up plenty of eldritch blast damage, extra invocations, plenty of item creation feats to make gear if its a low magic item campaign, and maybe take binder at lvl 20 to adjust for con damage. I don't want to use melee at all, so no glaivelock clawlock.

Will this be a significant damage dealer, or will I just be the full Carter's redhead cousin that no one wants to have tag along?

Are there any noteworthy wizard variants or ACFs that would significantly improve my abilities? I'm probably going to use most of the spells for defense (mirror image, shield, etc). Other than that, a few fire spells. I'm gonna flaw pyro if the party doesn't prohibit it.

docnessuno
2014-03-12, 11:59 AM
PRC such as Eldritch Theurge are not (usually) allowed in gestalt. You might want to double check with your DM.

SliceandDiceKid
2014-03-12, 12:04 PM
We've been allowing similar prestige classes and stacking damages that aren't normally allowed in gestalt in our current campaign. It's a nonissue in this case.

herrhauptmann
2014-03-12, 01:35 PM
Seems odd that HFW is on your arcane side. You know you're not gonna get double progression of warlock right?

I would dip Binder1 on either level.

SliceandDiceKid
2014-03-12, 08:09 PM
Seems odd that HFW is on your arcane side. You know you're not gonna get double progression of warlock right?

I would dip Binder1 on either level.

We've allowed stacking damage in this manner with other gestalt builds. Unarmed damage etc

herrhauptmann
2014-03-12, 09:16 PM
Ok.

I still encourage a level in Binder. Naberius is pretty pimp.