PDA

View Full Version : Help meeting entry requirements :)

Zanfire
2014-03-12, 08:06 PM
I'm looking to put together a build "dipping" Disciple of Dispater, Shadowlord and Bloodclaw Master. I keep coming up blank when it comes to meeting all those entry requirements, especially the skill prerequisites.

As Follows:

Disciple of Dispater (8)
BAB: +6
Evil
Disciple of Darkness, Expertise, Power Attack

Telflammar Shadowlord (4)
Hide (10), Move Silently (10), Knowledge: Thesk (2)
Blid-Fight, Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack
Shadow-walker
Sneak Attack: +2d6

Bloodclaw Master (2)
Jump (9)
Multiattack/Two Weapon Fighting
Tiger Claw Maneuvers (3)

So I have 5 levels to play around with to get all of those prereqs out of the way. My only productive though so far was to fit in Swordsage at level 5(?) and pick up "Assassin's Stance" for the "+2d6 Sneak Attack" for Shadowlord. Other than that...well I think Ranger/Fighter might be able to do it now that I think about it, so I'll go check that, but even if it does, I'm very interested in any other suggestions on entry stub or in general.

Laura Eternata
2014-03-12, 08:33 PM
I don't think it can be done without epic levels.

Prestige Class rules state that you have to qualify before taking a level in a class.
Disciple of Dispater requires BAB +6, so the earliest it can be taken is level 7.
Bloodclaw Master requires 9 ranks in Jump, so the earliest it can be taken is level 7.
Telflammar Shadowlord requires 10 ranks in Hide and Move Silently, so the earliest it can be taken is level 8.

You want 14 levels in them in total, but since the earliest you can get started taking any of them is 7, you only have 13 levels left.

docnessuno
2014-03-12, 08:40 PM
There ARE actually ways to get more ranks in skills than your level would normally allow, but it's the sort of things that attracts flying DMGs from angry DMs.

Zanfire
2014-03-12, 09:22 PM
I don't think it can be done without epic levels.

Prestige Class rules state that you have to qualify before taking a level in a class.

We usually relax this to qualifying on the level you take it.

There ARE actually ways to get more ranks in skills than your level would normally allow, but it's the sort of things that attracts flying DMGs from angry DMs.

Let's assume a permissive DM and a handy high level NPC bard with a psyref dorje then.

What kinda build stub would the playground go for?

I was thinking alternating back and forth between Ranger and Fighter for four levels total and capping off with Swordsage, I think that'd do it. Take two flaws to pick up the feats, unless there's a bloodline that grants Dodge & Mobility Early enough?

Doc_Maynot
2014-03-12, 09:28 PM
Two levels of Cobra Strike Monk can get you Dodge and Mobility.

Zanfire
2014-03-12, 09:34 PM
I was thinking about that, its a favorite dip of mine, but it's missing the BAB, and there's plenty of ways to get extra feats.

Doc_Maynot
2014-03-12, 09:36 PM
Then perhaps a liberal application of the Generic Classes (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/genericClasses.htm)?

Zanfire
2014-03-12, 09:39 PM
hahaah id forgotten about those!!!

HunterOfJello
2014-03-12, 10:18 PM
Fighter 2, Psychic Warrior 2, Cleric 1, Monk 2, and Barbarian 2 are the usual go-to classes for dipping to get feats.

If you can do LA buyoff, then you can get multiattack by becoming a gravetouched ghoul from Libris Mortis (+2 LA).

Warblade is your best bet if you want 3 tiger claw maneuvers without losing out on skill points and BAB.

~~~

If you want to use a ton of cheese, then you can use the Dark Chaos spells to replace an Elf's 4 starting weapon proficiency feats to other feats of your choosing.