PDA

View Full Version : Stacking unnamed bonuses

Buufreak
2014-03-12, 08:17 PM
I have encountered a bit of a gray area when it comes to bonuses. I get that enhancement won't stack with another enhancement, but what about 2 unnamed bonuses?

Specifically, I am looking at making a Paly o Tyranny/Blackguard, and they both have the entry of aura of despair. Will I get the effect of both of them, considering they are of the same name, but each grants an unnamed debuff, or just one of the two?

docnessuno
2014-03-12, 08:36 PM
Bonuses and penalties from the same source don't stack.
Whether Aura of Despair from two different classes (that weren't probably meant to be available at the same time, one of them being a variant) is considered the same ability or not, it's a matter you should ask your DM.
While the raw would indicate they are not, most DM i know would say they indeed are the same ability.

Buufreak
2014-03-12, 08:46 PM
That makes sense, just double checking. Since the name is the issue that comes into play, that means the divine grace and dark blessing will stack, correct?

Karnith
2014-03-12, 08:50 PM
That makes sense, just double checking. Since the name is the issue that comes into play, that means the divine grace and dark blessing will stack, correct?
Correct. The abilities have different names and both provide unnamed bonuses. They will stack.

Seerow
2014-03-12, 08:51 PM

If you can get them both without running into alignment issues, yes.