PDA

View Full Version : Is it considered cheesy to absorb Blessed Bandages as an Artificer?

AnonymousPepper
2014-03-13, 01:26 AM
I noticed that it has a 10-1 ratio for gp to XP, as opposed to 25-1 for basically any other item; it costs 1XP and 5gp to make, selling for 10gp.

Therefore, for filling up one's craft reserve using gold, there seems to be no more efficient way.

Is this as cheesy as I think it is for blowing WBL wide open? Especially if you combine it with the fourth-level Warforged Artificer substitution level's Tools of War ability (-50% XP for Craft Wondrous Arms and Armor? Yes please!) and the various XP and cost reducers.

deuxhero
2014-03-13, 03:42 AM
Interesting.

Even as an artifcier, there isn't any way to make or breakdown more than one item a day is there? If there isn't, it takes too long to make anything.

AnonymousPepper
2014-03-13, 07:57 AM
Interesting.

Even as an artifcier, there isn't any way to make or breakdown more than one item a day is there? If there isn't, it takes too long to make anything.

Presumably you'd just hop up to a plane where time flows differently.

Xintas
2014-03-13, 08:25 AM
No matter how the plane works, one per day is one per day. You might go to a plane where a day lasts 10 seconds and that would speed up the process, but unless you are timeless and immortal, you are going to run out of days left in your life pretty fast.

AnonymousPepper
2014-03-13, 08:44 AM
No matter how the plane works, one per day is one per day. You might go to a plane where a day lasts 10 seconds and that would speed up the process, but unless you are timeless and immortal, you are going to run out of days left in your life pretty fast.

Well... Warforged are functionally immortal, aren't they? They take one age bracket at 150 and then nothing.

I could see a Warforged artificer abusing the hell out of it, from a TO perspective.

Assuming he didn't just build himself two Spell Clocks, one of a joy-inducing spell and another of Distilled Joy, of course.

Agincourt
2014-03-13, 08:53 AM
Absorbing Blessed Bandages does not strike me as cheesy. It pales in comparison to the other parts of your idea. Going to another plane for ridiculous periods of time seems cheesy. Even warforged should get bored for the rest of the day they are not absorbing XP. Playing a warforged to avoid old age penalties is more cheesy. Using Blessed Bandages it probably the least cheesy part of this scheme.

AnonymousPepper
2014-03-13, 09:53 AM
Absorbing Blessed Bandages does not strike me as cheesy. It pales in comparison to the other parts of your idea. Going to another plane for ridiculous periods of time seems cheesy. Even warforged should get bored for the rest of the day they are not absorbing XP. Playing a warforged to avoid old age penalties is more cheesy. Using Blessed Bandages it probably the least cheesy part of this scheme.

Eh, that's not actually part of it, it's just something I came up with on the fly because I forgot one can only absorb one item per day.

I am building a Warforged Artificer but I really didn't have any intention of using any scheme like this anyway - God knows I have enough XP and gold reducers as is. I just noticed the low rate of XP to gold on the Blessed Bandage and thought, wow, that's nifty.

I suppose it would still come in handy if you found yourself 1XP short in your reserve or something.