PDA

View Full Version : Doubt about Sacred Summons and Cleric build

Azif13
2014-03-13, 07:27 AM
First of all I want to be sure what does "exactly matches your area" means. I understand that if I am LG this means LG monsters, but if I am NG could the feat be applied to LG, NG and CG? My thought is that if they have a good aura it exactly matches mine, but I am noy sure.

Also, I would like a little bit of advice for a summon oriented cleric. We start at level 6 and I got some doubts as what to take. I am a human cleric of Desna with the Luck domain and the Exploration subdomain.

Ability scores (20 point buy):
Either this
Str 7 Dex 10 Con 14 Int 14 Wis 17+2 (human)+1 (level 4) Cha 10
or this
Str 8 Dex 12 Con 12 Int 14 Wis 17+2+1 Cha 10

Traits: reactionary for sure and I don't know which one for the second trait

Feats:
1 Spell Focus (Conjuration) Sacred Summons
3 Augmented Summons
5 Superior Summongin/ Summon good monster
7 Summon good monster/ Superior summoning

Other feats I want to pick: improved initiative, leadership, craft wondrous item, spell penetration, sunlight summons

Finally, as a level 6 character I have 16k gp as starting wealth, what items do you recomend?

Thanks

137beth
2014-03-13, 10:56 AM
Sacred Summons keys off the monster's alignment SUBTYPES, not the monster's actual alignment. So, if you are LG, the creature must have the Lawful subtype AND the Good subtype to benefit from the feat. If you are NG, the creature must have the Good subtype but NOT the Lawful or Chaotic subtypes!
Creatures without alignment subtypes never benefit from the feat, regardless of their actual alignment. It is a rather limited-utility feat.

As far as traits go, consider the Birthmark trait: +2 against the most common types of will saves, and a holy symbol which cannot be stolen or broken. Of course if it's allowed, then Finding Haleen is a great choice for trait.

If you are short on feats, I would suggest dropping spell penetration, since a lot of the best cleric spells target allies and/or don't allow spell resistance. In particular, Summon Monster does not allow spell resistance.
For sunlight summons, you'll have to gain the ability to cast SNA, and be aware that should you lose that ability you will lose the benefit of the feat.
And while you're at it, take a look through this summoning guide (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255219) for some other possible options.

Azif13
2014-03-13, 11:27 AM
I didn't realize sunlight summons was only for SNA, my bad. I'd look those two traits.

Also, thanks for solving my problem with sacred summons.

Azif13
2014-03-14, 06:48 AM
I think I will go witg the second array of stats and I'll take the birthmark trait.

Also, I will pick summon good monster at level 5 and superior summoning at 7. I don't think I would use SM3 for summoning SM1 and SM2 monsters and I'd apprecciate the variety SGM offers.

I still have no clue as what equipment shoul I buy.