PDA

View Full Version : Arachnomancer Question

Lothalis
2014-03-13, 09:11 AM
I have been looking over the 2 Arachnomancer classes (Underdark and Drow of the Underdark) I had a couple questions.

1) Is the Arachnomancer posted in DotU a more "Generic" version of the Arachnomancer as the Underdark Arachnomancer is found in a Forgotten Realms book?

2) After reading the class requirements a few times, despite what a DM has eluded in the past, I have not seen a PR that my character has to be a Drow for either of these prestige classes. Am I missing something?

3) It would appear that the class presented in the Underdark book has more desirable abilities than the one in DotU; has anyone had experience playing either of these classes that they can answer which one has more utility in a party?

Thanks everyone

ZamielVanWeber
2014-03-13, 09:29 AM
1) I believe DotU is the newer, and thus official, version.

2) It has a prerequisite feat that is Drow only. The Underdark Version does not.

3) Underdark one is better AND funnier (cone of spiders) and not Drow only. Aside from losing caster levels it is sweet.

Lothalis
2014-03-13, 09:57 AM
Oh I see, I guess because they specify which version of Verminfriend to use right in the description I can't/shouldn't assume I can use the one found in the Book of Vile Darkness.

Thank you very much :)