PDA

View Full Version : Hulking Hurler strategies

hayek
2014-03-13, 02:39 PM
Anyone ever made a HH build that involved throwing other PCs in to battle? I'm thinking of a dwarf in full plate with armor spikes getting tossed at baddies.

It was just a thought. I've lurked for a while but I don't think I've seen something like that before.

Elderand
2014-03-13, 02:42 PM
http://deadmanstales.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/fastball-special_large.jpg

Couldn't resist

hayek
2014-03-13, 02:48 PM
Oh man, I knew I had to of picked that idea up from somewhere subliminally.

To belabor the dorf idea: Build a large troop transport, a large metallic sphere with a door on it. Fill it with dwarves and strap them in to the sides. Throw/Launch at enemies.

It would probably need a gyroscope to keep from giving the troops the worst motion sickness ever but what a ride!

Metahuman1
2014-03-13, 02:55 PM
A high strength hulking hurler who can really throw anything can totally do this.

Take it a step Further, have the dwarf ready an action to full attack or use a martial strike form tome of battle or what ever on his turn, then let the hulking hurler go and throw him, and as soon as he's in reach, he let's off his strike/full attack. He can even throw in a weak sauce jump check to the Hulking Hurler's throw to trigger leap attack damage.

And then for an added bonus, have the Dwarfs Armor Spikes have the returning property, or the Hurler have 4 levels in Bloodstorm Blade form Tome of Battle, and the dwarf comes back at the end of the hurlers turn, all with out provoking any AoO's to come or go at his enemy, and next round, they can do it again.

Kazudo
2014-03-13, 03:23 PM
Fling Ally is a prerequisite feat for throwing folk, if I remember correctly.

Really Throw Anything is a great thing, but as far as I know it only extends to objects, weaponry, etc. etc. etc. and doesn't REALLY mention creatures or characters.

War Hulk would make a pretty good addition to this, if only because of the +2 STR per level.

Metahuman1
2014-03-13, 03:56 PM
I don't think it's required, sorta like Powerful Wild Shape isn't necessary to maintain powerful build when wild shaped.

That said, fine, throw the spiked armor, that the dwarf just happens to be wearing at the time. =)